Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2007, 01:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Yeah, football fans shoot the players too. remember ?
Well that's effed up too.

Though I wouldn't mind someone shooting that joker Sachin or Sehwag or someone.

Last edited by v1p3r : 24th March 2007 at 01:36.
Old 24th March 2007, 03:09   #32
BHPian

prolly was the bookies mafia that got him

Last edited by CaliAtenza : 24th March 2007 at 03:13.
Old 24th March 2007, 12:42   #33
rks
BANNED

After Pakistan lost to Ireland, Bob Woolmer was said to have remarked that he would have to completely rewrite his book (and probably expose the match-fixing links of the players). That might have triggered a panic reaction from the bookies. The Times channel reported that according to a Jamaican newspaper, Jamaican police have arrested a shady character who was seen talking to Pakistan players and reportedly had the phone numbers of Indian and Sri Lankan players in his diary. But Jamican police have refused to confirm this story.

Taken together with Greg Chappell's traumatic experience, it will be a long time before either India or Pakistan get a foreign coach. It is certainly a matter of great shame for the subcontinent.
Old 26th March 2007, 14:50   #34
BHPian

Just my two cents.... ok, maybe a dollar.....

1. This tragic incident was very shameful as to shows the extent to which professional cricket in the subcontinent has sunk to.

2. In India, too much emphasis has been given to Cricket, which I feel is at the cost of other sports.

3. In regards to the 'Fans' reaction to India's loss againt B'desh.... Media at its sensational best (worst). Come on, everyone was disappinted that India lost the match and went out meekly of the World Cup. but most of us would not go and break the property of the players nor hold demonstrations. Just because of some hooligans who think they are 'fans' of the sport decide to show how crazy they are, does not mean that India agrees with their actions. I for one felt ashamed to see such antics. Sure I was bugged/disgusted at the way we play (or rather, did not play!) but I would not go out and break the property of the players. Just goes to show the small mentality some people have. And sadly, the media is only to glad to have news bites of such events to boost their viewership, and reporting these events as if it represent what every Indian wishes to do.
Old 26th March 2007, 15:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Taken together with Greg Chappell's traumatic experience, it will be a long time before either India or Pakistan get a foreign coach. It is certainly a matter of great shame for the subcontinent.
Which traumatic experience are you talking about RKS? I thought he's been the one causing all the trauma.....
Old 26th March 2007, 15:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Way off topic--

Robin Singh should be the next coach of India. What say??
Old 26th March 2007, 16:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Way off topic--

Robin Singh should be the next coach of India. What say??
Who's bothered about the next coach? We're more interested in the next TEAM - dont want to see any of these blokes anymore. No amount of Coaching can change them.
Old 26th March 2007, 16:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Maybe Robin Singh should be the next captain. Jadeja the vice captain & Sourav the coach. How does that sound ?
Old 26th March 2007, 19:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Common, cheer up!! There is more to life, isnt it?
Old 26th March 2007, 20:26   #40
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Which traumatic experience are you talking about RKS? I thought he's been the one causing all the trauma.....
To Ganguly and his fans, yes. But Ganguly did fail awfully at that time, so you can hardly blame Chappell. Plus Chappell wanted players to submit to rigorous training so that they would pass high standards of physical fitness before the WC (no doubt expected of teams like Australia and SA). Chappell's policies were eventually rejected by the selection committee and we went back to the old guard for the WC.
Old 27th March 2007, 11:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone think that any of the paki senior players are involved in this ? Fro m what i could interpret of the police reports is that probably they do not want to announce this & create a stir at this moment & lose the huge revenue which is at stake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks