Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 11:47   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I recently bought this same mask from Flipkart (W95 plus Grindle something).

However, i am in two minds now. It does not mention it being an "N95" mask. Instead its a WN95 mask.

Could anyone suggest if WN95 mask is as safe as the N95 mask ? What is the difference between the two.

I hope WN95 is not just a marketing gimmick.

What does WHO say about WN95 masks ?
You're absolutely right in guessing that WN95 is a marketing gimmick. It's just word play to fool the customer into thinking they're buying an N95 mask or equivalent. There is no medical data available for this standard.

Some sellers are selling KN95 masks on Amazon which is the Chinese equivalent to the American N95 standard so that should be just as safe.
beemer5499 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 09:29   #62
BHPian

Re: Face mask + sunglasses (or spectacles) : How to prevent the glass from fogging up?

I happened to read an article which says that the mask is good even with goggles, so thought of sharing it here.

Quote:
The UA SPORTSMASK is made up of three layers—each designed to ensure a more comfortable experience while working out. The first includes air pockets to provide better air flow. The second is made of open-cell foam that allows air in, but makes it difficult for moisture and respiratory droplets to pass through. And finally, the third layer is made of cooling fabric to avoid overheating.

People who wear glasses will appreciate the moldable nose-bridge, which keeps the mask in place and prevents glasses from fogging, according to UA
Ref:
Article

Website of the Company

Disclaimer:
I'm in no way connected or used the product. Just read the article and thought of sharing
kozhissery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 10:10   #63
BHPian

Re: Face mask + sunglasses (or spectacles) : How to prevent the glass from fogging up?

Any reviews on the new Savlon masks ? Is it really equivalent to NIOSH approved N95 masks ?

https://www.savlon.in/mask
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 18:43   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

From all the masks that I have used (tried about a dozen since Covid hit us), these are the BEST of the lot.

- Don't fog up sunglasses

- The strap is adjustable which is a big PLUS

- Very good quality material

- I like its design

- Cheap. You really can't do better than 135 bucks a mask for all of the above

Link

Face mask + sunglasses (or spectacles) : How to prevent the glass from fogging up?-blackunisexfacemaskpackof2fm0210.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 13:46   #65
BHPian

A novel coating to prevent fogging on glasses and car windshields. Ultra thin coating utilized IR radiation absorption to eliminate fogging. Hope it hits the market soon, will be beneficial for people wearing glasses. Atleast driving on rainy day will get better with less glass fogging.

Links:
https://phys.org/news/2022-12-gold-b...e-eyewear.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks