Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2007, 21:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Since Pakwheels hosts the images I think their logo gets applied automatically.
Old 21st March 2007, 21:29   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Watermark is a process done in most advanced image editing software like Adobe Photoshop. Its a process where the copyright message is embedded into the entire background width as a translucent text. The image shows thru while at the same time the copyright text is also visible. The universral advantage of a watermark is that if removed it ruins the picture with it rendering it unusable.
Old 21st March 2007, 21:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

i have Photoshop CS2. so i can do it.
Old 21st March 2007, 22:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

hey tushky use the watermark in PS,really helps.
How on earth can people take credibility for others pictures and post them . Surprising that they have stolen the Skoda stretch also from our forum.
Old 22nd March 2007, 10:21   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This is an extremely serious matter, and amounts to nothing less than blatant robbery. Tushky, I suggest you write an email to the webmaster and admin of pakwheels. If they have any ethical standards, the posts will be altered and credit will be given to you.

Our reviews were once plagiarised by an idiot, and put on various indian websites. We took action and havent seen too much of that recently.

However, I have made a note of this and will be implementing some measures to prevent future theft. Cannot disclose the details right now, but expect some measures soon enough.
Old 22nd March 2007, 18:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

ok. this is the note which i am gonna send to pakwheels

To Moderator of pakwheels.com

This note is to Inform you that you are illegally using some photos in your forum which are taken from www.team-bhp.com . also you are using them under your name 'pakwheels.com'. kindly remove the name pakeheels.com' and mention the sourse of Photos too. please do this as soon as possible. otherwise we will take serious action.
giveng you the links of photos.

1) PakWheels.com : Updates on the Indian auto scene (General Auto Talks)
(whole topic)

2)PakWheels.com : TATA Motors at Geneva auto Show and more...... (General Auto Talks)
(whole topic)
Thank you
www.team-bhp.com

now please give me your advice abou this note. also correct my grammatical mistakes
Old 22nd March 2007, 20:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

please tell me about note.
Old 22nd March 2007, 21:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

why dont you mention the name of the member that posted the pictures from tbhp. ittl make it a lot easier for the moderator to take action. Also these arent the only two topics which have pictures from team bhp. search for all posts made by nikatnite. youll find most of team bhp there. btw hes also a member here so if you might want to pm him as well

Last edited by khanak : 22nd March 2007 at 21:21.
Old 22nd March 2007, 22:02   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
Watermark is a process done in most advanced image editing software like Adobe Photoshop. Its a process where the copyright message is embedded into the entire background width as a translucent text. The image shows thru while at the same time the copyright text is also visible. The universral advantage of a watermark is that if removed it ruins the picture with it rendering it unusable.
Not really a big issue with someone who knows image editing well.

tushky, follow what GTO's suggesting.
Old 22nd March 2007, 23:31   #25
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
... will be implementing some measures to prevent future theft. Cannot disclose the details right now, but expect some measures soon enough.
GTO: A determined thief can & will get to the source of any images if desired. By their very nature, HTML documents are open source. Hence, it's just the question of finding the right URL.

However, if you are successful, I'll call you to find out how you did it. It would be invaluable for me & my clients.
Old 22nd March 2007, 23:36   #26
Team-BHP Support

Some sites have a feature in which you cant right click on any images. the minute you press right mouse button window pops up.

Of course you could always do a print screen crop the image.

example:The Official Formula 1 Website (this site doesnt allow you to save any images.)
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:09   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTO: A determined thief can & will get to the source of any images if desired.
Considering that Team-BHP is an entirely open, free and internet based community...theft is impossible to prevent entirely. What we can do is implement the measures that make it as difficult as possible.

There was a story of a manufacturer-owned car (European) with all the latest gizmos that made it apparently "unstealable"....but yet got flicked. We still use auto-cops and griplocks, dont we?
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:44   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Not really a big issue with someone who knows image editing well.
True Rudraji - nothng prevents a determined robber, but the hope is that the time and work required to remove a watermark will aleast demotivate the gentleman in the first place! I have a feeling that a majority of these electronic thieves are doing it for time-pass.

Having the right-click disabled will further reduce the easy-factor for the thieves.

Last edited by theMAG : 23rd March 2007 at 13:56.
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Some sites have a feature in which you cant right click on any images. the minute you press right mouse button window pops up.

example:The Official Formula 1 Website (this site doesnt allow you to save any images.)
Yup - this is easily done using a bit of javascript code. It isnt invincible though, it might fool a few novice plagiarists, but for those in the know there are ways to get around everything.
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:56   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

all you need is to disable Javascript.
Its not at all a protection. Watermarking is very powerful and a bold watermark across images is very very difficult to defeat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks