Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:04   #31
Team-BHP Support

Why do you need to save pictures? If it's big enough one take print screen and go ahead.
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:06   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Its not at all a protection. Watermarking is very powerful and a bold watermark across images is very very difficult to defeat.
You should read this article.

Digimarc: The Truths © 2004 KenRockwell.com
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:18   #33
Team-BHP Support

Actually I was more referring to a bold in the center of an image "LOGO" or "PROOF" type of thing, apart from the standard watermark.
Sure everything can be defeated, but your run of the mill photo copier will atmost remove some little copy right info etc., and not go for advanced techniques.
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
please tell me about note.
Hi Tsk,

I just checked with my wife who is a practicing lawyer. Acc. to her you'll have to send a legal notice to the web master & the management of Pakwheels for infringement of your copy rights. You will have to give them a notice (within X no. of days) by which :

1. They need to withdraw the alleged pictures taken without your approval & without credits given to you & tbhp.
2. Express regret on the public forum & to you that they will verify the origin of any picture,article before publishing/web hosting it ,not repeat this act of of copyright infringement in future without prior permission & that too after giving the crdeits to the original creator.

Failing all this,you have to threaten them with legal action & damages. As the perpetrator of this act & the vehicle of infringement (*pakwheels) is in Pakistan,any legal action etc will in that country's jurisdiction & by hiring a local counsel there !! Dunno abt that country's laws on copyright infringement !! Not to worry,if it comes to that,I will be able to help there as well as I have friends & colleagues (of my organisation) & know couple of lawyers in that country.

On second thoughts,(Mods may please note & advise if it is okay ) may be we can put up a note from tbhp forum to pakwheels on this & advise them from not doing this act again & ask them for unconditional apology for the same 7 give due credit to the originators. If a legally vetted & worded notice is required,I will be happy to do the needful.

Thanks & Regards
Ash
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

There are pics of Members cars there too.

Now i understand why there are so many forums which dont let you read the content till you are registered.
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:32   #36
Team-BHP Support

hmm Interesting. What if no images were to load for non members. Only members can see pics and click on links.
Old 23rd March 2007, 18:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

i have already sent notice to pakwheels. com. but still no reply from them. after fre days i will do it again. thanks friend for you huge support.
Old 23rd March 2007, 18:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

we should send them one friendly notice from tbhp. afterall they are using many pictures from Tbhp.
Old 24th March 2007, 08:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

i think pakwheels is working on these 2 forums. coz only these 2 forums are not opening.
Old 24th March 2007, 09:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
hmm Interesting. What if no images were to load for non members. Only members can see pics and click on links.
the member on pakwheels.com whos taken the images from team-bhp is also a member here so i dont see that solving the problem.
Old 24th March 2007, 12:20   #41
elf
BANNED

My advice to you tushky? Let it go this time.

Seems like there's very little you can do practically. It would take considerable financial & legal resources to get them.

Just a warning for everybody now posting images on the forum - Watermark all images in the future.
Old 24th March 2007, 18:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

just got a mail from PakWheels.com - Complete guide to automobile industry in Pakistan, Sports, Wallpapers, Classifieds or discussions on cars.

Hi,
Your pictures have been removed, and nickatnite has been warned. In
future
if you see any more pictures do let us know.
Regards
Admin
Old 24th March 2007, 18:59   #43
BHPian

Great going...!

But Now we should Identify all the pictures on that site from Team-BHP and update the Moderators of PakWheels accordingly..!
Old 25th March 2007, 12:56   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
But Now we should Identify all the pictures on that site from Team-BHP and update the Moderators of PakWheels accordingly..!
No....
Those pictures might have been posted on TBHP and pakwheels by the same person who took the picture (and therefore has rights to the copyright).

There is no need to cause unnecessary issues unless the owner of the copyright itself actually has an issue that he/she comes forward with.

As mentioned in the Suggestions thread, we are working on a way to make this a LOT harder to do, and hence, hopefully these sort of occurences wont happen any more.

Quote:
Hi,
Your pictures have been removed, and nickatnite has been warned. In
future
if you see any more pictures do let us know.
Regards
Admin
Great.
Lets consider this issue resolved

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th March 2007 at 12:57.
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:28   #45
BHPian

Indiatimes uses my Image without permission.

India Times Article "10 Haunted Road Routes To Avoid If You're Scared Of The Paranormal" has an image of my car clicked by me.
Here's the link to the article.

Check the No. 5.Marve & Madh Island Road
My Pics posted on another website without my permission - What to do? (Now Resolved)-stolen-image-screenshot.jpg

The source image seems to be taken from my social networking page.

I was shocked to see the image used in the article.

The water mark is clearly visible on the image uploaded to the social networking page, where as its cropped in the article.

I had also put this image on team-bhp in here.

How can people just steal someone else's images without even informing!
What can be done in cases like this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks