Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are you scared to get a Covid-19 test done?
Yes 83 40.49%
No 122 59.51%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2020, 15:08   #76
BHPian

Re: Why are people scared to get a Covid-19 test done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Am a bit unclear about the 'if asymptomatic, even then get tested' recommendations. If I'm not showing any symptoms at all, how do i know if I'm asymptomatic or just not infected? Do I need to get a test just for that? Doesn't make much sense to me.
One potential scenario is when you are planning a trip somewhere say your hometown. If you have elderly family members at the destination, then it would be a good precautionary measure to have a test done.
anoopGTkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 22:29   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

I am disinclined to get tested, because I am disinclined, in this corvid days (usually I love hospitals etc, I find them and the work they do, uplifting!) to go where sick people go.

Had some peculiar symptoms for a couple of days, and, having been out a few times, I am back in isolation. I have the opportunity to attend some private music recordings in a situation where there is heaps of social distancing. I could get a test, find it negative, say phew and accept the invitation. But for the above reason, and some others mentioned in the thread, I would rather not go for test.

My wife is not helpful with this: she says she will not get tested, and in no circumstances will she go to hospital . What to do... I can't tie her with a rope and am not strong enough to pick her up even if I didn't accept that that is her right. So if I get in a situation of testing positive, and there is any official insistence of my close contacts being tested... domestic meltdown.

Being elder, it might be preferable to avoid all risks (even if that was even possible) for ever. On the other hand, that we may just-about-all get infected at sometime in the future may well be true. What would make me happy is a test result that a) I did, and b) current good anti-body level.

These days I'm not dogmatic about anything. And if I am it may be the opposite tomorrow. Which could also read that I don't know what I'm doing
Old 26th October 2020, 23:52   #78
BHPian

Bangalore municipality, BBMP sent a testing team to our apartment on saturday. Ours consisting of 152 flats, a grand total of 29 people came forward to get tested. And that included 20 support staff of security guys and housekeeping ladies.

I don't know what to say.
Old 28th October 2020, 10:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/be...ru-907769.html

How do you trust a system which is so much corrupt!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks