Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2007, 21:30   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
What a dork! But I'm sure we can forgive him, seeing as how he's uneducated and all...
There you go again ..... yuou dont give up ever , do you ????

And it was great that we FINALLY did meet .... !!!
Old 10th April 2007, 23:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Our own dear Sachin, ignorant to the core of the national values allegedly cutting a cake with the Indian tricolour. If this is true, has all the endorsements & fame made him blind to the simplest ethic of being an Indian ?

Read it here
Indian Flag: Reduced to pieces in Jamaica - Headlinesindia.com

He and his colleagues have already CUT and F....D the pride of so many Indians so whats a big deal in this.
Sorry state of affairs as far as sport fraternity of India is concerned and dont think anything will improve either.

Our politicians, sportsmen have all sold themselves at the cost of their motherland.
Old 11th April 2007, 01:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
There you go again ..... yuou dont give up ever , do you ????

And it was great that we FINALLY did meet .... !!!
Aadat se majboor hoon!

And yes, it was great. Till the next time...and hopefully there will be more alcohol involved!
Old 11th April 2007, 02:01   #34
BHPian

It would be a good thing if he is kicked out of the team. I thought that there were laws that you could be arrested if you insult the national symbols. What happened to them? Will they be enforced in this case?
Old 11th April 2007, 03:49   #35
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'll tell you what...once people start picking up and keeping all those lil flags sold on independence day and stacking them at home..thats the day we'll start reacting to these ridiculous articles on sachin cutting flags..period.
Old 11th April 2007, 08:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Sachin could always say that he was about to cut it but never really went on to do it unless there are other snaps that show him actually cutting it.
Old 12th April 2007, 01:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Now the little punk is claiming he didn't see the colour of the cake!
Old 12th April 2007, 07:13   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Respecting the flag is a necessary symbolic act. But it does not follow that all those who respect the flag are patriots (e.g. some of our hypocrite-politicians). I have always maintained that if we can do an honest day's work without pulling down our fellow-Indians, and even better, helping some of our fellow-Indians go up in life, that is a much better example of patriotism than mere symbolism like saluting the flag (or going to temple/mosque/church or whatever). Similarly a patriotic individual in my sense could occasionally fail to respect the flag through oversight-- it could be nothing worse than an honest mistake.
Excellent point. As long as someone is not willingly doing an irresponsible provocative act, I would be alright with it. Half of the women politicians wear sarees with the Indian tricolor border, but that does not make them patriots.
Old 12th April 2007, 07:16   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
I'll tell you what...once people start picking up and keeping all those lil flags sold on independence day and stacking them at home..thats the day we'll start reacting to these ridiculous articles on sachin cutting flags..period.
Walk into a cricket stadium after a criket match, and you just cannot avoid walking on the flags, does that mean, all the people in the stadium are disrespectful of the flag and the country? I think the country should stick to kicking Sachin's *** for not performing in cricket, and leave him alone with what he does after.
Old 12th April 2007, 07:44   #40
Team-BHP Support

Some food for thought, which I got on an email. Dont know if it is a true report but I felt its worth on this thread.

Sorry for going off topic.
Old 13th April 2007, 15:38   #41
Team-BHP Support

Great! so the thread ended on a sweet note. Mods I have a recommendation to add this picture to all disputes. Seems it works well
Old 13th April 2007, 15:44   #42
Team-BHP Support

Good call moralfibre.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks