Team-BHP - Lancer SFXi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Lancer SFXi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/2325-lancer-sfxi.html)

i have short listed a yellow 2000 dec. lancer sfxi. the car is coming for under 3.99 laks. i was wondering if it is a good deal. i still have to drive the car am going to do it tommo. i wanted to know if sfxi came with stereo and leather seats. cuz on this i did not see any of this. does not matter to me as well. the kms done is 28064 which is ok i guess. car looks very nice from outside though not a fan of yellow but hey what the heck. if clean should i go ahead and buy it or price too high. did get a hint might leave the car for 3.75 which i think is a good good deal for sfxi. wht sorta mileage does lancer give neways. i need to know this since im gonna pay for fuel, if it aint that gr8 that i havta drive it on sat. & sun.

hope to get good response early as possible plz. also the car has a VIP reg which is cool

3.7K-3.8L is a damn good deal for the SFXi.
It does come with leather seats,magwheels and a system(headunit and speaker).
FE is about 9-10 in city and 14-15 on highway.

A word of caution,yellow does`nt have a good resale.So if ur not bothered bout that go for it.

X

well i know yellow is not the best colour. but its the price that is attracting me the most. i do not think it has leather seats though kinda weird . but it was way too clean. i want to paint it purple passion of palio NV

The pricing is no doubt attractive.But do get the car checked throughly.I smell sumthin fishy!!
X

Nope, the SFXi never came with leather seats as standard. The model that had the leather seats is the SLXi.

The SFXi was always the sportier looking one with a full body kit, sporty pedals, different steering wheel and so on. Even though the Lancer never had a reputation for one, it is as fuel-efficient as a Honda City. Almost.

28000 is nothing for a Lancer...if its original. For a 4 year old car, 7000kms average...that seems a little less. But either ways, please insist on a fully documented history.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Sep. 30 2004,23:16)]The pricing is no doubt attractive.But do get the car checked throughly.I smell sumthin fishy!!
X

i know its attractive thats what is on my mind for now. dunno what fishy. will know when i test drive it tommo. or day after. lets see then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 30 2004,23:52)]Nope, the SFXi never came with leather seats as standard. The model that had the leather seats is the SLXi.

The SFXi was always the sportier looking one with a full body kit, sporty pedals, different steering wheel and so on. Even though the Lancer never had a reputation for one, it is as fuel-efficient as a Honda City. Almost.

28000 is nothing for a Lancer...if its original. For a 4 year old car, 7000kms average...that seems a little less. But either ways, please insist on a fully documented history.

GTO

thts cool if u say it dint come with l. seats. they dont matter much since it gets sticky so all cool. all others are there . GTO wht sorta mileage should i expect from lancer neways since i dont have a city or vtec to buy at this point. 28000 is cool i guess as well. can only update when i get full details as well. so will keep in touch. i do have a garage as well so i dunno im very confused as of what to do now.

dont expect much I think..city use to give much better mileage than the lancer..may be I use to push the lancer more than the city initially..

but on a regular basis aroun 10-11 or sometime less..

I think the SFXi came with beige leather seats .

Nope, the leather seats were always an extra on the 2000 model SFXi's. Jesal, check the upholstery and you will see a darker shade than regular lancers (Either really dark grey or black).

You can expect the Lancer to easily give 9.5 - 10.5 kpl in Bombay City.

GTO

3.99 for a 4-yr old Lancer is quite a high price i think. Prices of a used Lancer are falling by the thousands everyday.

Yellow and red are probably the best colors for the SFX. The Black has got a greenish tint to it when seen in the day.

hey jesal ,

is this yellow sfxi always parked somewhere on the jogeshwari-vikroli link road ? there's a similar car parked just out of greenfield apts and that too has a VIP regn i think ...

~A

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Oct. 01 2004,09:52)]Nope, the leather seats were always an extra on the 2000 model SFXi's. Jesal, check the upholstery and you will see a darker shade than regular lancers (Either really dark grey or black).

You can expect the Lancer to easily give 9.5 - 10.5 kpl in Bombay City.

GTO

ok so no leather im guessing thts just fine neways the seats were very dark kinda looked good like velvet sort. black i guess it was. 9 - 10 im more than happy

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (adityapd @ Oct. 01 2004,10:41)]hey jesal ,

is this yellow sfxi always parked somewhere on the jogeshwari-vikroli link road ? there's a similar car parked just out of greenfield apts and that too has a VIP regn i think ...

~A

u got some eyes on the road there eh. yea there is a lancer act. there are 2 both in yellow but they are not in vip reg. one has diff alloys as well. i know this since im there everyday. i remember staring at the lancer at so many occasions. its just a beast waiting to be started. i noticed one thing. nothing ever to me can beat the looks of the lancer. although yellow is the last colour i would ever buy there is something about it that i just love that no VTEC can ever come across ever. though the vtec engine is good but im not gonna drive fast. u see safe driver hehe. neways so one thing also i forgot to ask i need to know is a lancer expensive to run maintainence wise. does the engine keep needing work or something like that. plz let me know