Old 3rd December 2023, 08:39   #286
BHPian

Re: Solar power! Turning my roof to a power plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remsoft View Post
r pleasantly surprised venture.
Hi,
Thanks for the detailed billing info.
What is "NC" in the last line that you have added to the bill pls?
Old 3rd December 2023, 14:26   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the detailed billing info.
What is "NC" in the last line that you have added to the bill pls?
NC stand for Network Changes, please refer to this link for the details.
Old 5th February 2024, 18:53   #288
BHPian

Power bills rising a lot at my home, almost 15,000 per month as in Patna summer and winter both are extreme. We are planning for two Solar units one with 10KW and the other with 5 KW. Please advise, which company is the best in the market. I am okay with spending a premium if the product and service are top-notch.
I have enquired with two vendors one with Tata Solar and the other with Kirloskar.
Is it safe to go ahead with Tata?
Old 27th February 2024, 17:16   #289
BHPian

Hi All,

Wanted to check if anyone here has gone for a budget solar setup with these kind of inverters

V-Guard Smart Pro 1200 S Hybrid Digital-UPS with Solar

From what I understand, even with an On grid setup we would still need an inverter and battery to provide power when the grid is down. In that case, is there a reason why a setup involving these inverters which would cost around 50k is not more popular in India?

Is it that the solar panels capacity which is supported (640 Wp with this Vguard model) is not enough for a modern household? Or is this setup not expected to bring in any reduction in Power Bills?
Old 27th February 2024, 18:25   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Hi All,

Wanted to check if anyone here has gone for a budget solar setup with these kind of inverters

V-Guard Smart Pro 1200 S Hybrid Digital-UPS with Solar

Is it that the solar panels capacity which is supported (640 Wp with this Vguard model) is not enough for a modern household? Or is this setup not expected to bring in any reduction in Power Bills?
It seems to me like your requirement is similar to ours. You may want to check (my) post #33 (Solar power! Turning my roof to a power plant) on this very thread. I have found the setup quite useful for our use case. This setup definitely aids in reducing power bills. However, it wouldn't be possible to specify the figures exactly as the electricity meter at our home was dysfunctional for a long time prior to the solar setup installation, even after repeated requests to the electricity department to replace the faulty meter. The faulty meter was replaced much later.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 20:25   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
.. I have found the setup quite useful for our use case. This setup definitely aids in reducing power bills. However, it wouldn't be possible to specify the figures exactly as the electricity meter at our home was dysfunctional for a long time prior to the solar setup installation, even after repeated requests to the electricity department to replace the faulty meter. The faulty meter was replaced much later.
actually navigating to the linked post, I instantly remembered reading it and first thinking how beautiful your surroundings are and later realizing how much effort it takes to live like that (when I read about the power cut scenario in the rest of the post). It was nice to read it again.

I don't believe Microtek sells the model of inverter you have anymore. Is this one the equivalent today?
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 22:01   #292
BHPian

Quote:
actually navigating to the linked post, I instantly remembered reading it and first thinking how beautiful your surroundings are and later realizing how much effort it takes to live like that (when I read about the power cut scenario in the rest of the post). It was nice to read it again.
Thanks! Yes, as you rightly said, there are always pros and cons associated. When pros outweigh the cons, life becomes that much easier. Talking of power cuts, with the current solar setup in place, we don't really 'feel the heat' as much as we did before.

Quote:
I don't believe Microtek sells the model of inverter you have anymore.
Yes, the model has been discontinued. Our inverter went kaput about 5-6 months ago and since it was unrepairable, we replaced it with this one.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 03:19   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Also, have been quoted 7.75 lakhs for a 10KW unit. Does that sound reasonable? It's with microinverters.
Do you have a complex shaded roof? Curious why they suggested micro inverters. Also which solar panels and which inverter combination is this?
Old 3rd March 2024, 11:21   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

From what I understand, even with an On grid setup we would still need an inverter and battery to provide power when the grid is down. In that case, is there a reason why a setup involving these inverters which would cost around 50k is not more popular in India?

640 Wp would generate max ~2 units on good sunshine days and the power output is way too low to run all household appliances.
This might be useful for someone who wants to run a backup inverter with solar in places where there are frequent outages in the afternoon time and will save "some" money, still, it will be better to take 1kw on grid solar for ~50k if the target is cost savings and afternoon outages are not frequent.
ritesh_44 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks