Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 19:28   #61
BHPian

Re: Helmet Rule made mandatory in Chennai - a joke ?

Lets be honest here fellas, you and I will be bothered about ISI markings and DOT certifications, padding & cladding and double D rings.

But for the average joe/jane who has a 2 wheeler because he/she can't afford a 4 wheeler?

Wearing a helmet is just going to be a way for the mango man/woman in Chennai to not pay anything out of his/her own pocket to the 5-0s.

In the same way, I don't think the 5-0 will be even remotely interested in looking for DOT /ISI approved helmets, let alone straps and visors.
As long as the helmet is on the head, and not appearing as a fuel tank ornament, they should be satisfied.

Regarding implementation? Well, I look forward to seeing defaulters being fined heavily, and hopefully having their licenses taken away.
No other way will work. Penalize the defaulters to such an extent that they won't be able to repeat this offense.
Old 12th August 2015, 16:33   #62
BHPian

for the guys in TN - if anyone of you or your friends in TN has bought a 2 wheeler in the last month, can you please confirm if the RTO are asking for a helmet bill along with address proof/photo ID ?

my dealer is asking me to produce a helmet bill to register and take delivery of my vehicle.
Old 12th August 2015, 18:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
for the guys in TN - if anyone of you or your friends in TN has bought a 2 wheeler in the last month, can you please confirm if the RTO are asking for a helmet bill along with address proof/photo ID ?

my dealer is asking me to produce a helmet bill to register and take delivery of my vehicle.
This doesn't look to be well thought-out. What about people who already own helmets and have owned helmets for the past few years and who are just changing their bikes to something else? How are they expected to keep old helmet bills and produce them?

Of course I am talking about those few responsible people who have been riding for the last so many years with helmets on.

Cheers
Old 13th August 2015, 10:32   #64
BHPian

I just don't understand why anyone would NOT wear a helmet when riding a bike! The government doesn't have to enforce this, it should be common sense! Same goes for the pillion riders as well.

This is a good start, hope it is enforced.
Old 14th August 2015, 10:32   #65
BHPian

Quote:
This doesn't look to be well thought-out.
Absolutely. I have been driving for 20+ years. Have already 2 helmets that i use. The latest one was bought 10 years back. How can they expect me to have a bill for that and produce it!! Ridiculous

Quote:
I just don't understand why anyone would NOT wear a helmet when riding a bike!
Buddy - there are a lot of folks who drive two wheelers without helmets. Infact a two wheeler in india carries four passengers (you guessed it right - without helmets)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks