Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 11:01   #46
BHPian

Re: Do you like rollercoasters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Does this mean that we can apply to France or Switzerland even if we have to go to a different country? Perhaps booking tickets via the respective airlines or they are ok in issuing for any other member state?
No, he could help if the application was of these two countries. And he couldn’t help at all if our application was for NL.
Since our travel plans were flexible, we changed them so our main destination (max number of days spent) were in Switzerland.

To review, your application needs to be to the consulate of the state you will spend max number of days in, as per your travel plan.
ach1lles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 11:04   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
No, he could help if the application was of these two countries. And he couldn’t help at all if our application was for NL.
Thanks, and are they still asking for confirmed Air tickets and Hotel bookings?
Old 16th May 2022, 13:36   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, and are they still asking for confirmed Air tickets and Hotel bookings?
Fully refundable hotel reservations and dummy (placeholder) flight tickets work. Last time I applied, I didn’t even include dummy flight tickets, just flight details like time, date, and number, in the itinerary.
ach1lles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 14:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need to fly to Netherlands, but VFS appointment unavailable | Now what?

Quote:
For some countries, you can fix the appointment without filling the application form, like Swiss and NL. For some, like France, they need a reference number for the appointment which you get after you’ve filled the form.
Check vfsglobal.com, everything is explained quite well.

All the other documents can be gathered at the time of actual appointment.
Thank you very much. I went through VFS visa site for Germany and got a lot of information. I cross-checked with my DIL in Germany and she too said that she first submitted an online application for a visa and booked a VFS appointment after that. She had to produce documents only at the VFS center for her employment visa.

Yesterday, the earliest appointment date was showing as 21st June, this morning it was 22nd June, but now it says 'no appointments are currently available'. Looks like I have to keep trying daily.

One more thing I discovered is that Schengen visas can now be applied for 6 months in advance, which is great news.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd June 2022 at 18:34. Reason: typos
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

After trying for nearly 3 weeks, i finally managed to get a VFS appointment in New Delhi for August 11th, 2022. Though this means a trip to Delhi and back from Hyderabad, i had no option. Hyderabad slots were not available all these days---and yes, i used to check a dozen times in a day, being a recent retiree.

I've applied for the visa type of 'visiting family and friends' as my wife and I plan to stay with our D.I.L. in Munich for around 2.5 months, starting from mid-September. By then we think our son will be shifting to her from his current job in Malta.

Below is the check-list of the documents I will take to VFS. Please let me know if I have missed anything:-

1. Dummy air tickets to Munich and back from Hyderabad.
2. Travel insurance from any provider on Policy Bazaar for 50k USD for 2.5 months.
3. Rental agreement print out of the address of our D.I.L.
4. Invitation letter from her asking us to stay with her.
5. Copy of her Blue card in Germany.
6. Bank statements of mine for past 6 months and 3 years' ITRs, as I plan to fund the trip. DIL shifted to Germany only in Feb this year, and her bank balance is not that great as of now.
7. Property ownership papers of my flat in Hyderabad.
8. Print out of the appointment with VFS.

I have a couple of questions also, as below:-

1. Is a daily itinerary needed, as i've not applied for a tourist visa, but instead for a visa type of 'visiting family and friends' ?

2. As I've retired last October, my bank statement will only show meagre pension amounts credited every month. But as i have an investment portfolio with another bank, should i take a signed letter from that bank showing the amounts? I believe I should. I am also taking my flat's ownership records, as I suspect those might be needed to show that I have a reason to return to India. If not, they might suspect that a retired couple might stay back in Germany!
3. How long will it take them to process our visa applications? We are planning to travel from mid-September, and our VFS appointment is on August 11th. Hope that is sufficient?

Any inputs will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
vnabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:37   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
2. As I've retired last October, my bank statement will only show meagre pension amounts credited every month. But as i have an investment portfolio with another bank, should i take a signed letter from that bank showing the amounts?
Cannot comment on the others but most definitely it is beneficial to formally disclose all your assets and investments in India. I'd suggest a proper portfolio summary from the branch on their colour letterhead and stamped and sealed by an authorised signatory with designation and contact number.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:39   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Fully refundable hotel reservations and dummy (placeholder) flight tickets work. Last time I applied, I didn’t even include dummy flight tickets, just flight details like time, date, and number, in the itinerary.
What is best way of booking dummy tickets? Either pay later or fully refundable?
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:48   #53
BHPian

Quote:
1. Dummy air tickets to Munich and back from Hyderabad.
I was told that dummy air tickets will be valid for 2-3 days prior to visa processing and once the visa is processed one can either pay the full amount or cancel the tickets. How did you get the dummy tickets for the appointment in August and what do they cost to book?
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:52   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Below is the check-list of the documents I will take to VFS. Please let me know if I have missed anything:-

I had provided the verpflichtungserklarung when my relatives visited me in Munich. (https://www.germany-visa.org/verpflichtungserklarungen/)

Its a formal obligation letter stating that I as the host undertake all expenses with respect to the visitors. The burgerburo in Munich only wanted the proof of accomodation, work contract and pay slips of the past 3 months as proof to issue the letter.

I believe it increases the chances of getting the visa.

Last edited by batterylow : 2nd June 2022 at 18:54. Reason: Additional data
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 22:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I had provided the verpflichtungserklarung when my relatives visited me in Munich. (https://www.germany-visa.org/verpflichtungserklarungen/)

Its a formal obligation letter stating that I as the host undertake all expenses with respect to the visitors. The burgerburo in Munich only wanted the proof of accomodation, work contract and pay slips of the past 3 months as proof to issue the letter.

I believe it increases the chances of getting the visa.
Thanks very much. So should I have my daughter-in-law provide a similar statement of undertaking? From whom should she get it, and after that I guess she needs to send it to me, right?

Edit: I checked the URL and all the questions have been answered there. Thanks. The only question I have is where the Foreigners Authority is located in Munich--the one where the declaration of commitment is made.

One point I missed in my checklist was that I also need to apply online for a German visa. I forgot about this and thought that the VFS appointment was enough. Anyway, there is plenty of time to do that and get the documentation done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by top_gear View Post
What is best way of booking dummy tickets? Either pay later or fully refundable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I was told that dummy air tickets will be valid for 2-3 days prior to visa processing and once the visa is processed one can either pay the full amount or cancel the tickets. How did you get the dummy tickets for the appointment in August and what do they cost to book?
I need to find out about this from my son. He used that route for his work visa to Malta, and he flew there in early December of last year. The dummy tickets had no co-relation with his actual travel though.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd June 2022 at 22:39. Reason: Please use Edit function or multiquote to answer multiple posts.
Old 3rd June 2022, 00:05   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I finally managed to get a VFS appointment in New Delhi for August 11th, 2022. Though this means a trip to Delhi and back from Hyderabad, i had no option. Hyderabad slots were not available all these days--
Try for an earlier slot if available. You can also try Pune or some other VFS. 30 days is a bit tight considering they would require atleast 15 business days to process the visa and if there are public holidays it can take a while. Also, considering it is summer, lot of people are travelling to EU. I just got back from a 7 country Schengen vacation. My visa was done by France and was processed in 3 days flat (not business) in March last week. France is the fastest of the lot.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd June 2022 at 22:35. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
ronford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 22:34   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronford View Post
Try for an earlier slot if available. You can also try Pune or some other VFS. 30 days is a bit tight considering they would require atleast 15 business days to process the visa and if there are public holidays it can take a while. Also, considering it is summer, lot of people are travelling to EU. I just got back from a 7 country Schengen vacation. My visa was done by France and was processed in 3 days flat (not business) in March last week. France is the fastest of the lot.
Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I'm frustrated that no other VFS, including the one here in Hyderabad is showing any open slots. I've been trying a dozen times a day for the past 20 days. I'll keep trying for the next 2 months. I've also booked my onward journey by train, so that I do not lose much in case I cancel the journey to Delhi, in the rare event of getting an appointment at Hyderabad.

I now have another question. As I have an appointment with VFS in New Delhi, will they allow me as my residence is in Hyderabad? Strictly speaking, Hyd falls under Chennai consulate.
Old 3rd June 2022, 22:36   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As I have an appointment with VFS in New Delhi, will they allow me as my residence is in Hyderabad? Strictly speaking, Hyd falls under Chennai consulate.
No problems, I went to VFS Kolkatta last time, with a passport issued from Chandigarh
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 22:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No problems, I went to VFS Kolkatta last time, with a passport issued from Chandigarh
Awesome. Now I can have a good night's sleep. Thanks for your immediate response.
Old 14th June 2022, 18:15   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I now have another question. As I have an appointment with VFS in New Delhi, will they allow me as my residence is in Hyderabad? Strictly speaking, Hyd falls under Chennai consulate.
Quote:
Luckily, I was advised by my DIL to call the VFS helpline and cross-check if schengen visas could be applied for at any VFS center in India. When I did (took some time to get the operator), i was told that one could apply for short stay visa below 90 days (Schengen visa) at any VFS center, except New Delhi. The reason given was that New Delhi VFS applications go directly to the German Embassy, and the embassy does not entertain visas that should go to the respective consulates, based on area of residence. I was told that the embassy feels that work of consulates is getting diverted to them and hence their decision not to entertain visas of other areas.

So i have had to cancel my VFS Delhi appointment of Aug 11th, and am back to sqaure 1 now. I will also cancel my train tickets---luckly the loss will not be much.

Others may please keep this in mind.
vnabhi is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks