Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2007, 17:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

@manikjeet: People who are on an absolutely tight budget or are really stingy. I wonder what sort of people buy a sports sedan which doesnt sell and has poor resale like an RS or Cedia. How'd others categorize me ;-).
Old 22nd June 2007, 17:39   #32
BHPian

Alto is M800++. Thought of graduating from a bike to a small car just after marriage, had M800 in mind, just happened to listen for once to the suave sales man in Maruti showroom and to your new better half.

Last edited by appuchan : 22nd June 2007 at 17:40.
Old 22nd June 2007, 17:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Also:
Esteem?
Indigo?
Ikon?
Accent?
Logan?
Aveo?
Verna?
SX4?
Fiesta?
SRV?
MSD, why dont you try your hand. I will be boring you already
Old 22nd June 2007, 17:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
@manikjeet: People who are on an absolutely tight budget or are really stingy.

thank man but could you elaborate

Last edited by manikjeet : 22nd June 2007 at 17:46. Reason: didn't read the thing properly
Old 22nd June 2007, 19:26   #35
BANNED

Omni - the <delete>stingy</delete> cost concious businessman who prefers to take delivery of / deliver his own stock.
Qualis / Innova - rich and big families. Also taxi / tour operators.
Fiats (all versions - from Padmini to Palio) - high class, highly educated families who have already owned a Fiat.
Old 22nd June 2007, 19:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Safari - these are generally the ones who believe 'size does matter'. They are not very brand conscious, but they 'think big'. They enjoy comfort and mostly their cars will be fitted with exotic stuff and mods. Will go to any end to justify their purchase.

No i dont do that, i dont justify my purchase.. I just love the vehicle and you better like it too..

Godfather
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

I have also seen the largest number of special registration numbers (1234, 6666, 9009 etc.) on Scorpio's in Pune. Almost every other Scorpio seems to have a special number. Coincidence? This may also say something about the class of owners

-Biju
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Fiats (all versions - from Padmini to Palio) - high class, highly educated families who have already owned a Fiat.
My defintion of Fiat owners : Rebels without a cause (rather..If there is indeed a cause, its a losing one). They will go against every advice given to them.
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:13   #39
BHPian

I am not sure how to read others but I thought it would be a good idea to walk through my decision process.

My first car was a Wagon R LXi. I wanted to buy a Zen. My wife wanted to buy a M800. My requirements at that time were the following.
1. Power Steering
2. MPFi

Everything else was a frill. Well the showroom did not have the MPFi Zen available and the salesman convinced us to go for a Wagon R. Since I did not know how to drive, I had my brother-in-law test drive it. He found it OK and we said OK :-)

Owned it for 4.5 years and absolutely loved it for it practicality. Wanted to upgrade as I thought that the best value from a car comes in the first 5 years. So I decided to upgrade and my new requirements were the following
1. Safety. I wanted the safest car available. So Airbags and ABS were a big plus.
2. I still wanted a Hatchback as my personal opinion is that a big boot is sparingly used.
3. Absolute must was power windows which I badly missed on my Wagon R especially when one pulls over to ask for directions.

I was disappointed when the Getz was Launched minus the Airbags. Was almost thinking of buying a new Wagon R again this time with the Airbags and ABS. But then I fell in love with the Swift. The Climate control in the ZXi was a big bonus. Had a cool silver for the Wagon R but brought a bright Red Swift as it carries the colour extremely well.

So, can somebody slot my personality
Old 22nd June 2007, 21:16   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
.. you better like it too..
With attitude like that, I'm better off buying the massive Endeavor to ensure my safety on BLR roads
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
appuchan.. what car you drive.. and what does it tell about your personality?
;-)
Hyundai Verna - These people often end up disconnecting their horns
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:45   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Hyundai Verna - These people often end up disconnecting their horns
Yeah, and I am even planning to gouge out the headlights and paint my windscreen black.
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
My defintion of Fiat owners : Rebels without a cause (rather..If there is indeed a cause, its a losing one). They will go against every advice given to them.
padival, you seems 'atrociously' close . But I didnt say that...

Btw, doesnt these also characterises a Virgo or Libra? Isnt there a relationship with ones Zodiac sign and car? Not sure if that applies to Scorpio!
Old 23rd June 2007, 12:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

VERY Intersting Thread, had me laughing at some posts .. Good thread appuchan. Well now I know my type, I do not have to go to a ' BABA' or Saint or Jyotshri. Thanks a lot, I know a few cars & their types as well - to be presise what they EAT / Drink -

ROLLS / BENTLEY / 7 Series / S Class - These are fine people, eating Caviar & Sushi, Wiping it off in the morning then with Warm Tissue Papers ( I am sure you will all agree ) Wine / Champagne along with it. Praising the lord, watching on HD TV the stock market.

HYUNDAI SANTRO / Wagon R / Swift - These are the easiest I assume, In northern India, they will be found at Butter Chicken outlets / Chinese takeaways / Momos / Kareems etc. Also found at Bengali Market & Pandara road late at nights. Majority drinks Beer & BP in their Cars Example - me !!!

LANCERS / CEDIAS / SKODAS / LAURAS / CAMRYS - They are a tricky lot, they will be plying at places where the first type mentioned above at times, but then at certain different times, they will also be found at the 2nd type I mentioned ( butter chicken etc ) - that is where their heart lies. Also they have probably upgraded from the 2nd type. Hard working people I would say.

Above mentioned post comes in good humor - I hope no one is offended !! Sorry .. Cheers
Old 23rd June 2007, 12:49   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
VERY

Above mentioned post comes in good humor - I hope no one is offended !! Sorry .. Cheers
On the same note, from your avatar picture I think I know what some of your main interests are...

Last edited by appuchan : 23rd June 2007 at 12:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks