Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2007, 20:30   #31
BHPian

It does not matter if the amount in default is 15k or 15Cr. There is no justification for taking someone's life over it - it is shameless and just shows that 60 years on, there's still a lot of darkness in our country.

Truth be told, in the quest for massive expansion, these institutions flood the market with loans/cards without proper verification and in gross violation of a number of guidelines (KYC) and then when it backfires, they adopt illegal measures to get back their dues.

While there is definitely no justification for customers defaulting on payments, recourse must be taken legally and not by resorting to despicable "recovery" tactics. What is this if not "organized crime"?
The cards/loans businesses and especially dealing with the DSAs of a number of these private-sector banks has a very murky feel to it.

I guess one is a lot safer sticking to PSU banks, even though one "may" have to face more hardships in terms of paperwork / policies. At least, one can rest assured that they will never have to repay with the costliest asset - life itself.
Old 25th June 2007, 20:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Guys, don't trivialise this thread, please.
Old 25th June 2007, 21:29   #33
Team-BHP Support

Similar thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rs-friend.html

cya
R
Old 25th June 2007, 21:42   #34
BHPian

Supreme Court recently ruled that banks cannot use goons to recover bad debts, unfortunately they also said that criminal charges cannot be filed against bank officials for using goons. I hope they amend the ruling after this incident to make the bank officials directly responsible for the actions of loan recovery companies they use.
Old 25th June 2007, 22:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
I guess one is a lot safer sticking to PSU banks, even though one "may" have to face more hardships in terms of paperwork / policies.
PSUs have improved much in the past few years when it comes to customer care.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:16   #36
rkg
Senior - BHPian

i suggest we all send this thread or mail to chief justice of India asking for treating it as PIL. i feel ICICI banking license should be suspended for a week as punishment.
today i saw another news. HDFC reduces floating rate of interest for new customers by 0.25% as monsoon offer ( monsoon offer of luring customers to cheat later) whereas existing customers of floating rate pay more. this is plain cheating. ICICI is also doing the same.
One more thing ICICI practices is it will not debit the salaries once in a while for two/three days and charge customers check bounce charges etc. it happened to our organization. we changed salary accounts to SBI immediately

Last edited by rkg : 26th June 2007 at 11:19.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:50   #37
rkg
Senior - BHPian

File case on ICICI, AP cops told

The Andhra Pradesh Human Rights Commission on Tuesday ordered the assistant commissioner of police of the Panjagutta police limits to submit a report on the death of a man who was allegedly confined by agents of a debt recovery firm appointed by ICICI Bank [Get Quote].

Talking to media persons in Hyderabad, the APHRC chairman Justice Subhashan Reddy said taking suo moto cognisance of media reports, the commission had ordered the police to submit a report on the death of Yadiah and register cases against the bank

File case on ICICI, AP cops told
Old 26th June 2007, 12:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Im contented that the Human Rights Association and the Credit Card Holders Association are on the case!
Old 26th June 2007, 12:08   #39
BHPian

human rights, ngo's they all come into action when things go bad. But nontheless hope they are able to get justice the way it is meant to be..
Old 26th June 2007, 13:10   #40
BHPian

ICICI is one bad bank to do banking with. While applying for car loan, I signed up for HPCL gold credit card. They gave me HPCL Silver card instead. I went to their nearest branch and cut the credit card and now have cancelled credit card with them.
Old 26th June 2007, 13:23   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
i suggest we all send this thread or mail to chief justice of India asking for treating it as PIL.
And how do we do that?
Old 26th June 2007, 13:38   #42
rkg
Senior - BHPian

e-mail at : supremecourt@nic.in ( general email id)

New Page 1 for filing cases in supreme court on the net
Old 27th June 2007, 11:57   #43
LLL
BHPian

Now when i get a call from any bank asking me to take a loan, i have started to ask them why do you kidnap and kill people for non-payment? Most of tele-executives are speechless and simply disconnect.

Those who still persist, i ask them for a loan @ 0% ROI.
Old 27th June 2007, 14:06   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Those who still persist, i ask them for a loan @ 0% ROI.
Nice suggestion. I also try to check if "no repayment" option is available. Usually do this when I have time to speak to them otherwise I simply disconnect.
Old 27th June 2007, 14:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Oye! What is this? Early in the evening and it seems like you already have a couple of pegs inside.
no I guess he wants to convey "She is always on my mind"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks