Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2022, 17:19   #46
BHPian

Re: A lighthearted poke at bikers !

Quote:
I have half a mind to tell them that all these gargantuan quantities of potatoes might result in exhausts that would rival their 1000 cc engines, but I wisely refrain, fearing for my life !
You sir, have the heart of a poet! How else do you explain such 'Seat-warming' lines?
SilverMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 18:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: A lighthearted poke at bikers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
15 minute sutta break after riding 20 km
Hilarious Secretariat

I have to add a very, very important point no_fear, without which we cannot start riding after the first cigarette break. Plan the next cigarette break, distance or a place/point

I am not a morning person and my wife always makes a comment “for riding your bike/meeting your friends you can wake up early, otherwise you never bother”.

Jokes aside, riding the bike (especially when it’s cool/cold in Bombay) and meeting friends is a happiness inducing drug.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 18:53   #48
BHPian

Secretariat hats off sir for brilliant write up.
As a rider myself, I went through the post to find and correct any misconceptions you might have regarding bikers, but after 20 or so truth bombs laid oh so delicately throughout this piece of brilliance, I concede.
Staples as those mentioned is why I dont like group rides. I rather have a group of friends with varying vehicles to keep stereotypes in check when we go for group outings. Right from Activas to heavily modded 4x4s. Now that is a convoy nobody expects.

One more salute to the command of language and amazing writing style. I am eagerly waiting for more revelations and observations from you. Just like a fan of stand up comedy waitng for the comic to roast oneself.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 11:45   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Sounds like heaven already but this needs a location(please) and thanks for the tip on Nandini Upachar, will do the needful if I am around
It is!
Here's the place :
https://goo.gl/maps/PhVg8ubhL7NhxSZp7

Officially they dont open until 8am, however, you can go knocking their doors at 6.30am and they'd oblige
aqualeo2040 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 22:03   #50
BHPian

I am one of your kind, but we cycle and yet have Masal Dose. Thanks for taking time and writing this up. One of its kind, this was
Attached Thumbnails
A lighthearted poke at bikers!-8efe8b6863fe4215aa18a7dd08ac7d0b.jpeg  

vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 12:47   #51
BHPian

Regarding the cigarette break, please ride carefully while on the high afterwards. I saw an accident recently in which the rider, smelling strongly of a King/Lights, crash into an obvious presence on the road while over-speeding. If i may suggest, please don't smoke at all during the ride and bum one out after breakfast like the old time riders. I'm lucky that I don't smoke and instead stop for some masala tea. Tea is a better alternative than coffee on long rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMachine View Post
You sir, have the heart of a poet! How else do you explain such 'Seat-warming' lines?
For the simple reason it doesn't, the food is extremely average at IPC, Nandi Upachar probably yes, that won't be the V4 engine heating up below when you come to Hebbal junction

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th October 2022 at 14:11. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
100Kmphormore is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks