Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 18:25   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
He is good but in terms of canon-faithful versions, Jeremy Brett in the 80s Granada series takes the cake. I have the entire box set that I picked up off Amazon. For someone who grew up reading the canon cover to cover, the series really brought it to life. Highly recommended (it used to air on DD in the early 90s)
Indeed. Benedict Cumberbatch is awesome to watch as the modern day Sherlock, but to me Jeremy Brett is still the face of the famous detective. I remember it used to air at, what, 11PM on Doordarshan, circa 1991-92 ? I had to watch it with the lowest possible volume lest I disturb others in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Agreed. Jeremy Brett is the best Sherlock Holmes ever. He does perfect justice to Doyle's creation but Benedict as an actor takes the modern day Holmes to an all new level in the BBC series. Can't wait for the Season 3 to air.

Talking about modern day Holmes, has anybody seen Elementary. Any reviews? This series faced a lot of criticism the day it was announced. Didn't followed it ever since.
I like Elementary too. I watch it not as "Sherlock Holmes" but as just a detective serial and then it begins to look pretty good.

As for Jeremy Brett, agree. Just as Sean Connery was the better James Bond among all (although I have to say I have a man crush on Daniel Craig too), Jeremy Brett is the best Sherlock Holmes there is.

Last edited by Eddy : 19th September 2013 at 18:32. Reason: Merged
Old 19th September 2013, 18:59   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Is "Elementary" the one with Lucy Liu as Watson? Watched it on a Cathay Pacific flight to SFO earlier this year. Left me cold, frankly.
Old 28th September 2013, 21:19   #813
Distinguished - BHPian

Who all already hooked onto star premiere?
It's like blunderbuss firing television shows! Sleepy hollow, Avengers, the blacklist, Homeland, person of interest.... awesome!!
Old 28th September 2013, 21:48   #814
Team-BHP Support

One of the greatest psy.-crime drama-thriller ends tomorrow - Breaking Bad. Spanned five seasons with 61 episodes and all of them seemed to just better the previous one. The showrunner had no intention to drag it any further despite the viewers/critics wanting more and it ends on a high note. I wish Dexter ended this way. What used to be one of the better series at one point went completely downhill with absolutely no resemblances to the novel.

Quote:
Is "Elementary" the one with Lucy Liu as Watson? Watched it on a Cathay Pacific flight to SFO earlier this year. Left me cold, frankly.
Indeed. I saw the pilot and left it there. The investigation was nowhere thrilling like the ones we've seen on BBC's Sherlock.
Old 29th September 2013, 08:54   #815
Senior - BHPian

Big Bang Theory Season 7 started last week with a 2 episode pilot. Full episodes are available in the cbs site.
Old 30th September 2013, 12:15   #816
BHPian

Finally the breaking bad series came to an end, I usually don't follow serials but this is one that I did and really enjoyed. The last episode was indeed satisfying (to me at least). Hats off to the whole cast and the directors for such a riveting show.
Old 30th September 2013, 19:49   #817
Senior - BHPian

Breaking Bad.

Wow, after Dexter, this is one series that has kept me hooked. I just started watching it a week or so back and have just completed Season 3 on Netflix. Very nicely done.

I really thought it was all hype but it hasn't been so. Good watching!
Old 30th September 2013, 21:07   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Homeland season 3 premiering on Premiere HD tonight!
Super!
Old 30th September 2013, 23:46   #819
BHPian

Breaking bad has finally come to an end! As a die hard fan of the series, i couldn't resist posting my note over here!

Thank you, Breaking bad, for all these moments of awesomeness, filled with Stress, shock, and Confusion. Let's all hear it for the Best writer that TV has ever scene, the god, Vince Gilligan. Let's hear it for the best actors in Tv, Bryan Cranston as Walter White, and Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman we will never forget you. Let's hear it for Dean Norris as Hank; for Anna Gunn as Skyler even though she got on our nerves (but that proves how good an actress she is); for RJ Mitte as WALTER JR, Not Flynn; for Juan Carlo Esposito as Gus Fring, for Jonathan Banks as the Badass Mike and for Bob Odenkirk as the Great Saul Goodman and for all the other amazing actors who played their role to perfection.

Thank you so much, and Goodbye Breaking bad. :(
Old 1st October 2013, 08:07   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Let's all hear it for the Best writer that TV has ever scene, the god, Vince Gilligan. Let's hear it for the best actors in Tv, Bryan Cranston as Walter White, and Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman we will never forget you. Let's hear it for Dean Norris as Hank; for Anna Gunn as Skyler even though she got on our nerves (but that proves how good an actress she is); for RJ Mitte as WALTER JR, Not Flynn; for Juan Carlo Esposito as Gus Fring, for Jonathan Banks as the Badass Mike and for Bob Odenkirk as the Great Saul Goodman and for all the other amazing actors who played their role to perfection.
Good Job on summing it up. Vince Ended the show on a very satisfying note. Loved each and every aspect of it.

And don't forget "Better Call Saul... " is coming as a spin-off.
Old 1st October 2013, 11:32   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Who all already hooked onto star premiere?
It's like blunderbuss firing television shows! Sleepy hollow, Avengers, the blacklist, Homeland, person of interest.... awesome!!
I am. My broadband can now rest a little. Not a fan of Sleepy Hollow but Homeland, White Collar, POI, Revenge, 2 n half men...enjoying them all. And suddenly I lost all interest in LOST.
Old 1st October 2013, 15:59   #822
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Homeland season 3 premiering on Premiere HD tonight!
Super!
The S3 premiere was leaked a few weeks back actually and the copy was perfectly watchable without issues. Dexter also had a similar leak IIRC with S7 premiere. Another Showtime serial - coincidence?!

Nonetheless, good start for the show. The lead actress won a second consecutive Emmy this year!
Old 1st October 2013, 17:25   #823
BHPian

The finale 'Felina' for Breaking Bad was as perfect as an episode of Televison could come to. Loved every bit of it. And we must thank Vince Gilligan , the cast , crew, the writers for giving us probably the greatest TV show of all time.

NOTE: A special word for the people who pick the music for each episode. They deserve extra credit for the songs that they select. Perfect for each scene in whcih they are inter-twined.
Old 1st October 2013, 18:08   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_flying_B View Post
NOTE: A special word for the people who pick the music for each episode. They deserve extra credit for the songs that they select. Perfect for each scene in whcih they are inter-twined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Vince Ended the show on a very satisfying note. Loved each and every aspect of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Thank you, Breaking bad, for all these moments of awesomeness, filled with Stress, shock, and Confusion. Let's all hear it for(...)
Thank you so much, and Goodbye Breaking bad. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Breaking Bad.

(...)

I really thought it was all hype but it hasn't been so. Good watching!
True. Life will never be the same again. I usually lose interest in TV shows after a few seasons (Dexter is a prime example) but this one, with its superb writing and awe-inspiring cast and crew, is different.

Here's something for all you BB fans. The full theme music was used for the first time as late as Season 5, Episode 15 (the second-last episode) and at least for me was one of the most satisfying moments of the entire series.

Enjoy!
Old 2nd October 2013, 16:25   #825
BHPian

Quote:
True. Life will never be the same again. I usually lose interest in TV shows after a few seasons (Dexter is a prime example) but this one, with its superb writing and awe-inspiring cast and crew, is different.

Here's something for all you BB fans. The full theme music was used for the first time as late as Season 5, Episode 15 (the second-last episode) and at least for me was one of the most satisfying moments of the entire series.
Dexter, a classic example on how a show that started off really well ends with a lot of loopholes! Completely lost interest after season 6!

Breaking Bad is probably the greatest show in TV history!
As mentioned by @flying_B , we should definitely give some credit to those people who pick the tracks for each and every sequence! And, the last few seconds of Granite State(SE5 EP15) gave me goosebumps! Mondays will no longer be the same without Breaking Bad! :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks