Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2022, 13:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)

I'm genuinely concerned about low level jobs and I can imagine so many people getting affected by this. I don't think everybody is made for the big jobs and it'll hit them the hardest

I just used this today to get mundane stuff done: to read through a CSV file to obtain records having a certain characteristic. Definitely saved 30 minutes for me today.

Last edited by Turbohead : 9th December 2022 at 13:52.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 14:09   #32
BHPian

One of my friends did a crowdsourcing effort for getting trends in Loyalty management and then his friend used ChatGPT AI for the same and the results are truly mind boggling. I see so many potential use cases here with Chat GPT

https://loyaltyrewardco.com/top-loya...edicted-by-ai/

Question
Write a blog detailing the ten biggest trends for loyalty programs for 2023 and beyond. For each trend, include one example of a loyalty programs which embraces the trend.

Answer
2023 and beyond is set to be a big year for loyalty programs and customer rewards. With the rise of digital technology and increasing customer expectations, loyalty programs are being redesigned to deliver an enhanced experience and a greater value proposition for customers.

Here are the top 10 trends for loyalty programs in 2023 and beyond:

1. Personalization
Loyalty programs are increasingly offering personalized rewards and experiences based on customer preferences and past behaviour. For example, Starbucks offers personalized rewards for its loyalty program members, such as exclusive discounts, special offers and tailored recommendations.

2. Seamless integration
Loyalty programs are being integrated into mobile apps and other digital platforms, allowing customers to easily track their rewards and redeem them in-store or online. Walmart’s digital loyalty program, Walmart+, allows customers to access discounts, rewards and special offers through a dedicated mobile app.

3. Gamification
Programs are incorporating game elements to engage customers and encourage loyalty. Amazon’s Prime program offers a range of levels and rewards which customers can unlock as they progress through the program.

4. Social media integration
Loyalty programs are integrating with social media platforms to reach a wider audience. Sephora’s Beauty Insider program leverages Instagram and Twitter to reward customers and offer exclusive discounts.

5. Experiential rewards
Programs are offering experiences as a reward, such as access to exclusive events or experiences. Marriott’s Bonvoy program offers members access to exclusive events such as concerts and culinary experiences.

6. Cross-sector collaboration
Loyalty programs are increasingly collaborating with other businesses to offer customers access to a wider range of rewards. For example, Chase’s Ultimate Rewards program partners with a range of retailers and airlines to offer customers more choice and value.

7. Data-driven insights
Programs are leveraging customer data to provide more personalised rewards and offers. Walmart’s loyalty program uses customer data to generate insights and offer tailored rewards based on customer behaviour.

8. Omnichannel experiences
Programs are becoming more integrated across different channels, allowing customers to access rewards and offers on any device. Target’s loyalty program, REDcard, allows customers to access rewards and discounts on their mobile, web and in-store.

9. Automation
Programs are using automation to simplify the customer experience and reduce manual processes. Amazon’s Prime program uses automation to deliver personalized rewards and offers to customers.

10. Automated rewards
Programs are leveraging AI and machine learning to automate the delivery of rewards. Costco’s loyalty program uses AI to automatically deliver rewards and discounts based on customer behaviour.

Philip Shelper is the CEO & Founder of Loyalty & Reward Co, the leading loyalty consulting agency. Loyalty & Reward Co design the world’s best loyalty programs for the world’s best brands.

Phil has many years’ experience within the loyalty industry, including roles at Qantas Frequent Flyer and Vodafone.

Phil is a member of several hundred loyalty programs, and a researcher of loyalty psychology and loyalty history, all of which he uses to understand the essential dynamics of what makes a successful loyalty program.

Phil is the author of ‘Loyalty Programs: The Complete Guide’, the most comprehensive book on loyalty programs available.
Old 10th December 2022, 20:32   #33
BHPian

https://bigtechnology.substack.com/p...missed-chatgpt

A good article about why Google did not integrate a similar tool for its search engine.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 21:52   #34

It is very good and can solve a lot of problems. But it is still far from being a truly sentient AI, that understands what is being said. Here is a conversation that I had right now with the chatbot.
Attached Thumbnails
The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot-20221211-9.50.18-pm.png  

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot-20221211-9.50.30-pm.png  

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot-20221211-9.50.38-pm.png  

sunshineqq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 22:12   #35

But I agree, software development and many other parts of IT and most other industries will never be the same again with the development of such a system.
In fact I can think of multiple aspects of the job that I do everyday, that can be automated by this system including automating common things, including excel formulas identification, writing answers to queries from customers etc, data analysis programs etc. So a lot of legwork can be avoided so that we have time to focus on the real problem at hand.
Old 11th December 2022, 22:25   #36

Another example of the mistakes that ChatGPT makes. However it does so confidently, so it fooled me also into thinking this was the correct answer. A Google search however dispelled the myth. Always doublecheck the answers.
Attached Thumbnails
The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot-20221211-10.23.12-pm.png  

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot-20221211-10.23.21-pm.png  

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot-20221211-10.23.29-pm.png  

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot-20221211-10.23.44-pm.png  

sunshineqq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 22:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

I see some people getting really concerned about the smartness this particular AI model is exhibiting. I am neither concerned nor very excited.

EDIT: Slightly concerned actually, because I had to give my e-mail address and phone number to sign up

Sorry for the graphic image, but that's exactly the point - this is AI trying to generate human faces
The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-thisperson.jpg

Last edited by clevermax : 11th December 2022 at 22:56.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 22:55   #38
BHPian

This is kind of funny. Even ChatGPT is wary of DSG transmissions.
Attached Thumbnails
The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot-20221211-11.20.26-am.png  

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot-20221211-11.20.55-am.png  

karanddd is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 07:51   #39
BHPian

ChatGPT Caused 'Code Red' at Google, Report Says

Source : CNET

Quote:
ChatGPT, an AI chatbot developed by OpenAI that went viral because it can give people direct answers to just about any query possible, apparently has alarm bells ringing at Google, according to a report by the New York Times Wednesday.
Quote:
Unlike Google Search, which scrubs the internet for potential answers and gives people links that they themselves must read through, ChatGPT delivers unique and novel answers never written by humans before......
Quote:
...if chatbots build on large language models, like Google's own LaMDA, gain in popularity, not only could it kill the college essay (or be great for college essays), it could also kill Google's main money maker.
DigitalOne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 23:12   #40
BHPian

I did not know that a thread on Chat GPT already exists on TBHP

I have been using it almost daily and what I feel is this:

It gives me an output for anything I ask as a laid back personnel would. Tell it to write a 4,000 word story and it would only write 1,000 words and wait for me to have it write more. Then it would go on apologizing for the deficit and will write more to compensate it. It is like talking to a person who has to work but only does so reluctantly.

I have asked it complex questions in various subjects and every time it has come up with crisp answers. However, it never claims to be accurate and would wait for further queries for a better response. The only things that it could not come up with answers for were things that are very rare to be known on the internet.

Reminds me of the movie Her (2013). It is a big start in that direction
Fuldagap is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 14:43   #41
BHPian

First encounter with Chat GPT

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot-20230119-2.41.08-pm.png

Name:  Screenshot 20230119 at 2.41.20 PM.png
Views: 677
Size:  134.2 KB

This is very interesting!
Hooked

Though it struggled a little bit here

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot-20230119-2.47.45-pm.png

Last edited by johannskaria : 19th January 2023 at 14:48.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 16:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

A funny conversation about Thalaivar with ChatAI

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-f1.jpg
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 16:55   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

There was an article in my (Dutch) newspaper earlier this week. Schools are worried about this development. It said that teacher also deploy AI based programs to detect whether home work assignments were made by the student or some clever AI program.

One thing is for sure, teacher themselves were not able to distinguish for instance essays written by their students from essays written by this ChatGPT.

That’s progress for you.
My two elder sister were never alllowed to use any aids during their finals at secondary schools, for their math, physics subjects.

A couple of years later I was allowed to use a slide rule and math table books.

I was in the first year at the naval academy that was allowed programmable calculators (remember TexasInstruments and HP?)

Every single time when something new was added all parents were up in arms complaining that education is going down the drain. It is not, it is adjusting itself to a new world. Kids need to learn on how AI works, the do’s and don’t, the pros and the cons.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 17:22   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Every single time when something new was added all parents were up in arms complaining that education is going down the drain. It is not, it is adjusting itself to a new world.
That's because it puts the pressure back on them to change how testing and evaluation is done, to (re)design assignments to include this new factor/tool. Far easier to ban/regulate the use of something new ...but that works for some time only.

Not just school assignments, at work, we've been experimenting with using a similar AI-driven tools to generate royalty-free images and voice-overs that we can use in some less-critical marketing collateral. Some people on the team refuse to use it, some focus only on the limitations and what it can't do for us. But the fact remains that I remember similar output two decades ago at my first job requiring a team of 4 and a week to create. Today it's possible with just one person, in one day.

Recently read a quote: You won't lose your job to AI, you'll lose it to someone who knows how to use AI.

Last edited by am1m : 19th January 2023 at 17:28.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 19:43   #45
Senior - BHPian

Taking cue from this post (Mini Cooper S and Mini Convertible : Driven), here is an ode to Honda City by the machine:

The Honda City, sleek and smooth
On the road, it glides like a dream
With its curves and lines so refined
It's the epitome of style and class

With its powerful engine and spacious interior
It's the perfect car for city streets
Efficient and reliable, it's a joy to drive
And with its advanced technology, you're always connected

From morning commutes to weekend getaways
The Honda City is the ultimate companion
So take a seat, start the engine, and feel the thrill
As you experience the ultimate in urban driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks