Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2023, 20:45   #61
BHPian

re: The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AROO7 View Post

But it has given answers on Russia Ukraine war which happened started in 2022.
The war has been going on since 2014. The current Ukraine annexation started in 2022. Given the complexity of the topic, chatGPT might present inaccurate information, IMHO. Annexation of Crimea happened in 2014, which was in Eastern Ukraine.

Quote:
Also, Mahindra Thar 2WD came this month how on earth it knows about that?
That might count for the inaccuracies in chatGPT!? Did it mix data for previous gen Thar with the current one?
Fuldagap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 21:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

I have been asking this question. It used to give 2018 result. Today I got 2022 result and there goes somebody's homework.

Name:  Screenshot 20230130 214411.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  14.4 KB
msdivy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 22:04   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
The war has been going on since 2014. The current Ukraine annexation started in 2022. Given the complexity of the topic, chatGPT might present inaccurate information, IMHO. Annexation of Crimea happened in 2014, which was in Eastern Ukraine.

That might count for the inaccuracies in chatGPT!? Did it mix data for previous gen Thar with the current one?
As for the Ukraine part what you say might be a reason why ChatGPT was able to answer on that topic. That said, I had a little chat with one of my friend from CSE who keenly follows development in AI field. His reply was there are two things trained data set and reference data set. So even if the AI has been trained on data set till 2021, it can still answer on topics post 2021 using reference data set. As BHPian SmartCat showed that ChatGPT can access websites and give a summary of the Hindenberg report and BHPian msdivy showed how ChatGPT now gives the correct answer to FIFA 2022 result.

So when it gave answers on Thar 2WD vs Thar 4WD vs Jimny there were no inaccuracies but at the same time it played smart by giving a generic answer. That's why I said 'for now ChatGPT gave a diplomatic answer'.
AROO7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 22:20   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BHPian msdivy showed how ChatGPT now gives the correct answer to FIFA 2022 result.
The winner was Argentina. ChatGPT's answer is wrong.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 22:50   #65
Team-BHP Support

New discovery:

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot_1.png
SmartCat is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 23:19   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The winner was Argentina. ChatGPT's answer is wrong.
Okay my bad I didn't see it replied France . But as it has already reached at France I'm sure in a day or two it will reach Argentina too (just has to go one step up).
AROO7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 00:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
As BHPian SmartCat showed that ChatGPT can access websites and give a summary of the Hindenberg report and BHPian msdivy showed how ChatGPT now gives the correct answer to FIFA 2022 result.
I tried a lot to get something concrete out of chatGPT regarding the ongoing Adani issue but it gave very generic answers which don't say anything concrete about the said issue. The Hindeburg report has also been in the making since past 2 years. Further, it is an extremely good AI model, making up responses is its forte.

FIFA answer it gave wrong, right?

I have asked many questions to it for current events. It gives very confident answers that might sound that it is connected to the internet. But a keen look and we know that it is not. Just my take.

It is good if it's connected to the net, even if it denies for some reason.
Fuldagap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 10:40   #68
Team-BHP Support

Today, I got into an argument with ChatGPT about safety of bike vs car:

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot_1.png

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot_2.png

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot_3.png

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-screenshot_4.png
SmartCat is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 10:42   #69
Team-BHP Support

I think every use of ChatGPT we see is wrong. All these r/linkedinlunatics type people are going on and on about useless things. The real purpose of ChatGPT is to answer the deep questions. Like I asked it whether hen eggs are better or cow eggs are better.

Quote:
Hen eggs and cow eggs both have unique nutritional profiles and cooking characteristics. Hen eggs, which are the most commonly consumed type of eggs, are known for their rich flavor and versatile cooking properties. They are a rich source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, and can be boiled, fried, scrambled, or baked. Hen eggs are also relatively small in size, making them easy to handle in the kitchen.

On the other hand, cow eggs are less commonly consumed but are larger in size and have a slightly different taste compared to hen eggs. Cow eggs have a thicker shell and a slightly different texture than hen eggs, making them more challenging to cook with. They are also a good source of protein and vitamins but are not as readily available in most grocery stores.

In conclusion, while both cow and hen eggs have their own unique qualities, hen eggs are generally considered to be the better option for breakfast due to their more widespread availability, better taste, and more versatile cooking properties.
See, this is the true purpose of ChatGPT, to help with breakfast choices
tsk1979 is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 18:38   #70
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors smart take on ChatGPT

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-20230131_183737.jpg

The Generative AI Thread (chatbot, text to image, text to video etc)-smartselect_20230131183921_twitter.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 31st January 2023 at 18:39.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 18:23   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Will the limited iterations of a human brain stand a chance against the masterful regurgitations of artificial intelligence?
Please welcome ChatGPT, the uninvited but inevitable and unavoidable guest.

It will likely remain an unseen but vaguely felt presence on all online platforms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
I tried to help you out using ChatGPT. It needed a little poking, but I hope you get a general idea.
@ValarMorghulis, please take no offence. I have just used your post to drive home the point on how this AI tool could outpace individual human thoughts/contributions in knowledge and information based discussions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
AI is a tool. Even if someday someone uses it to generate passable posts on Tbhp, (some part of car review data, for example - publishing specs and spec comparos - that is already possible) it'll be more akin to someone using spell-check to correct their posts, rather than a truly non-organic sentient intelligence creating original content.

Last edited by dailydriver : 2nd February 2023 at 18:30.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 19:16   #72
BHPian

Looks like chatGPT can give more reasoned arguments than our esteemed political leaders.. If we think about it the construct is same.. Offer generic sounding reasoning to a question and back it up with some vague data. For a casual listener, which most listeners are, this will tick the boxes.

the above one on Hen Eggs Vs Cow eggs was hilarious
Old 3rd February 2023, 12:31   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post

@ValarMorghulis, please take no offence. I have just used your post to drive home the point on how this AI tool could outpace individual human thoughts/contributions in knowledge and information based discussions.
None taken
The ChatGPT thread clearly highlights that it has miles to go before it can even make some sense. Showing the drive from Mussorie to Bangalore as an 8-9 hour drive is insane among other things.

It'll be sometime before AI can replace humans. AI will, however, assist humans for a long time.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 08:52   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Interestingly a friend showed me a write up for a section of the website for a local business that he works for, that he'd used ChatGPT to generate. It was a couple of columns of text, grammatically correct and a series of coherent sentences. But it didn't really say anything, and certainly nothing remotely original. Just a series of sentences, all saying essentially the same thing, in slightly different ways.

The thing is, for the purpose it was meant for, it'll probably work just fine. All the website needs to do is have some text with an eye-catching picture that will drive potential clients to contact the business. And the thing is, it's probably at same level of output from bored junior copywriters, Times of India columnists whose idea of "research" is checking the twitter feeds of celebrities, and middle-managers in IT who put together slide-decks to just have meetings for the sake of having a meeting. So in that sense, yes, AI can probably already replace those (anyway useless and repetitive) functions.

I'd already posted earlier about how I'm also using a similar AI-driven picture generating tool to get royalty-free images we can use in low-level collateral. But at best, those can be usable background images, for visuals that won't get too many eyeballs.

For something that matters- you'll still want to employ a good human writer or artist, the difference is very obvious (for now!), especially for something original.

For the low-level, non-creative tasks, I guess AI-generated content replacing human generated output is more a case of automation rather than "taking over". And automation has always resulted in traditional jobs being displaced, and in a few years, generating different jobs that involved managing, fine-tuning, and utilizing that automation.

Last edited by am1m : 6th February 2023 at 08:57.
Old 6th February 2023, 10:57   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
... Just a series of sentences, all saying essentially the same thing, in slightly different ways...
Gold mine for PR releases! Companies put out human-written 1000-word essays saying nothing that couldn't fit in two sentences. Imagine the endless potential here.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks