Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2007, 10:35   #31
BHPian

@gopz,

Inquire with the bank (whose cheque you had given to HDFC for the payment) when it was presented for payment. They can tell you when HDFC presented your cheque. If they had presented it late, then its their fault. And even if it was bounced, why didn't the bank take action then? Considering that the bounced cheque itself is a serious matter.

Next time when HDFC or any of those goons calls, tell them that you are sending a legal notice and filing a case against HDFC with names of those persons as parties for fraud (this can destroy their career also.)
Old 15th July 2007, 11:02   #32
BHPian

@gopz...every bank has a senior employee nominated to liaison with the RBI ombudsman...if u do have all records of your complete settlement with the bank, do approach the banking ombudsman (a department under the RBI) and they will take it up with the concerned senior employee of HDFC and have this sorted out for you. Though HDFC might claim that your name cannot be removed from the negative database, this definetely is possible and with RBI's intervention, you should be able to get a "NO DUES" letter from HDFC and also a letter confirming your name being removed from the negative list.

This might help Reserve Bank of India
Old 15th July 2007, 11:28   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Gopz, sorry to hear about the sad state of affairs in our country.

However see if you can make another call and get them to threaten you again. Record the conversation, making sure that the employee mentions all the details like name, organization he works for, your statement details etc. Since your cell phone bill statement will record the HDFC bank's number you can use it as a proof too.
Old 16th July 2007, 19:03   #34
BHPian

What's the update brother?

Regarding the documents with you.
There are two cases.

1)Simple reciepts of the payments received by them. (In this case, They need to be dated and you need to have your card statement of that period to prove that you cleared the amount)

2) Reciepts of payments with the final cash reciept mentioning that full payment recieved by bank?

Which one of the above cases applies to you?
Old 17th July 2007, 01:15   #35
BHPian

gopz sorry to hear about this...same thing had happened to my dad but it was icic...dont be scared of these agents they are just talk no show...gopz before any thing happens please go to the nearest police sation and register an fir against them...mclaren's idea might just work...btw in which area do you stay

Last edited by chetan : 17th July 2007 at 01:20.
Old 17th July 2007, 11:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

I had a similiar problem with ICICI too, where I wanted to close the credit card, but one of my cheques was in clearing with ICICI itself and it took them close to 45 days to get it cleared !!! In the meanwhile, the recovery guys would call and harass(no bad language but) and I told them to take a walk and do whatever they could. Refused to pay until the cheque was cleared and pay I did.

Another issue with Stanchart, one guy offered me a waiver on the interest, I agreed and he sent a person to collect cash. A fool that I was, I did not get it in writing that the interest was waived. They started calling for the waived amount and I said - no go. Do what you like( at that time, I was not aware of the bad credit implications). After a while they got fed up and closed the card account themselves and sent a statement to that effect. But they will never offer a credit card to me in future, I am on the wanted list !

Been using SBI ever since, regular payments and happy. Only they charged me late payment unnecessarily couple of times and I had to run behind them to get it reverted.

MNC banks SUCK !!
Old 17th July 2007, 11:27   #37
BHPian

Kinda true.
Me also a very very satisfied user of SBI.
Old 17th July 2007, 11:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

From my experience of Credit Cards, HDFC Credit Cards SUCK big time - Statements never sent (so we don't know the Due date & they charge Late Payment charges), worst Customer Care!

Found the HSBC Credit Cards the BEST!
Old 17th July 2007, 11:41   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
gopz sorry to hear about this...same thing had happened to my dad but it was icic...dont be scared of these agents they are just talk no show...gopz before any thing happens please go to the nearest police sation and register an fir against them...mclaren's idea might just work...btw in which area do you stay
The latest update is that they agreed to remove my name from the defaulters list if I pay them some more money. I told him that I am willing to pay whatever the interest was till the day the cheque bounced but not for the 2 years. He said he will get back to me yesterday but I still havent received any calls. I will wait for them for a day.

I stay in HSR Layout.
Old 17th July 2007, 11:43   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
What's the update brother?

Regarding the documents with you.
There are two cases.

1)Simple reciepts of the payments received by them. (In this case, They need to be dated and you need to have your card statement of that period to prove that you cleared the amount)

2) Reciepts of payments with the final cash reciept mentioning that full payment recieved by bank?

Which one of the above cases applies to you?
I have :

But the card account is not closed and they wont remove my name from the defaulters list.
Old 17th July 2007, 12:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Hi guys,
I want to keep this brief so that everyone reads...I had closed an HDFC credit card thru settlement in May 2005. First installment was in cash, two more by cheques. The first cheque was presented and cleared. The second cheque (Rs.17,250) was presented one month late by HDFC and did not get cleared.

regards
gopz

Report the entire matter with proof of payment to dsp@hdfc.com . This email id is of Mr. Deepak S Parekh (Chairman of HDFC). He will crack a whip on all the culprits down there. You should get the resolution within a days time.
Old 17th July 2007, 13:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Report the entire matter with proof of payment to dsp@hdfc.com . This email id is of Mr. Deepak S Parekh (Chairman of HDFC). He will crack a whip on all the culprits down there. You should get the resolution within a days time.
WOW!!! Let me give it a shot!!! THanks a LOT
Old 17th July 2007, 13:29   #43
BHPian

I hold gold cards from following banks.

ABN Amro.
Deutsche.
HSBC
HDFC
Citibank
Icici.

I make all payments in full and have never faced an issue with any of the card. I remember the payment due date and bill generation date for all of them. If before a week of payment due date I do not receive the statement I call the customer care of the bank enqiure about the payment due and make the payment.

What I want to say is just remeber the payment due date for all cards you hold and you will never go wrong.
Old 17th July 2007, 13:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
I have :
2) Reciepts of payments with the final cash reciept mentioning that full payment recieved by bank

But the card account is not closed and they wont remove my name from the defaulters list.
WOW.
So what took you so long? Why arent you at the lawyer's chamber already?
Sue them for threat to life and mental agony.

Anyways, even after all you have gone through, you want a peaceful settlement, them please DO email at the above address or any other that you find. Otherwise, Lawyer!
Old 17th July 2007, 13:56   #45
BHPian

Hey guys.
Off topic: Does credit history matter in India? Is it true that the credit history from every bank is shared with some common agency and this database is used for new loans, Insurance etc??

As far as i know, this has not yet happenned in India. It is definitely where RBI wants to go. But, i dont think there is much infrastructure yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks