Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2023, 14:44   #1

What is your favorite Anime?

Hi guys, let's talk about something different today. I have noticed that Anime's are a less talked topic here on Team-BHP, so lets talk about this today !

I am a newbie on Team-BHP and currently I am 19, I am happy that i became a member in just a single try.

I started watching Anime 2 years ago and have watched a lot of them till now, I love the storylines and animation and everything, it hurts when someone refers to Anime just as ''Japanese Cartoons'', they are much more than just cartoon.

Well coming to the topic, tell me what are some of your favorite Animes. (its ok if you don't want to give a long explanation, just name the Anime)

Starting with me, my favourites are "One Piece" and "Naruto". Though I have watched lots of Anime I absolutely love these 2 and to anyone new here these 2 anime have 1000+ and 700+ episodes respectively with each episode being approx 20 mins.

Well there are many other Anime's I love as well like 'Demon Slayer' for its animation (have to praise ufotable studios for such great efforts) and many others, but these were my words and now do tell me about your favorites too.

Last edited by SDP : 25th May 2023 at 08:04. Reason: Please capitalise your "i"s. Corrected about half a dozen instances in this single post
Itachi_Uchiha is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 20:50   #2
BHPian

Re: What is your favorite Anime?

Really liked Castlevania, great story and a great ending too, also loved One Punch Man. Currently watching Monster.
motorpsycho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 21:44   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi_Uchiha View Post
Well coming to the topic, tell me what are some of your favorite Animes. (its ok if you don't want to give a long explanation, just name the Anime)
Well, my favorite anime has to be Initial D! (In fact, my avatar on Team BHP is a panel from the manga, a drawing of the FC3S RX7 driven by Ryosuke Takahashi, who also happens to be my favorite character).

The story revolves around Takumi Fujiwara, a student who works at a gas station and helps in his father's tofu shop by making daily tofu delivery runs to the hotels uphill on Mount Akina (known as Haruna in real life) with the family's ageing Toyota Corolla Sprinter Trueno (codenamed AE86).

The Legend movies are an excellent summary of the story in the manga, while the anime does have additional races/events.

I'd recommend Initial D to any car enthusiast, especially the Legend movies as it has it all - excellent animation, good music, excellent car sounds and decent technical accuracy as Keiichi Tsuchiya, popularly known as the Drift King was a consultant for most of the stages (aka seasons) of the anime.

The anime does have a sequel, MF Ghost - which I am yet to see, so I can't comment on it.
ryzen7@5800u is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 21:44   #4
BANNED

Monster, AOT , violet evergarden , death note , erased and psycho pass.
Nikhildrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 22:17   #5

In early 2000s, there was a chanel - Animax which was my introduction to the world of anime. Used to watch Tsubasa (a japanese kids journey to footbal greatness), Inu Yasha, Mobile suit gundam among others. Tsubasa was a fav among me n friends , we used to play footbal in the evenings and could reminisce the sceens from the anime and try to renact some of the special kicks of the characters.
As i am fond of reading i was drawn to reading manga online and would prefer that over the anime show per se(dont like the filler episodes that come in the anime series).
aps88 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 00:36   #6
BHPian

I am a big time fan of Naruto and Death note.

I see that you are 19, which means I have been watching Naruto since before you were born

I started watching the original Naruto and had to struggle through the fillers until Shippuuden began when the Manga was already some 100 chapters ahead.

Waiting every Thursday ( i think) for just a 20 min episode used to be a big pain.

Netflix added Naruto Shippuuden this year and I have been watching reruns of it, in thankfully better quality.
anandhsub is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 02:22   #7
BHPian

My top two would be : Fullmetal Alchemist and Attack on Titan. Monster is another underrated anime that's available on nextflix.
I have been re-watching Naruto again (the nostalgia!) I like to rewatch 1-2 particular arcs. I won't mention as it might be spoiler for some.

Cheers!
BleueNinja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 06:10   #8
BANNED

Some favourites during my Anime phase:
Fist of the North Star
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Dragonball Z

Cheers
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 11:07   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Really liked Castlevania, great story and a great ending too, also loved One Punch Man. Currently watching Monster.
Nice choices, infact one punch man was my first ever anime, it introduced me to the anime world, i just loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzen7@5800u View Post
Well, my favorite anime has to be Initial D! (In fact, my avatar on Team BHP is a panel from the manga, a drawing of the FC3S RX7 driven by Ryosuke Takahashi, who also happens to be my favorite character).
Oh, Initial D. I have heard quite a lot about it, great choice! Infact it is in my watchlist and i will make sure to watch it at the earliest. And thanks for the detailed explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhildrao View Post
Monster, AOT , violet evergarden , death note , erased and psycho pass.
Great choices you got there. Infact death note was my 2nd anime i watched, it was fantastic. And AOT is an absolute banger, i love AOT to the fullest. Have watched erased too, its good. But yet to watch monster, have heard about it many times, in my watchlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps88 View Post
In early 2000s, there was a chanel - Animax which was my introduction to the world of anime. Used to watch Tsubasa (a japanese kids journey to footbal greatness), Inu Yasha, Mobile suit gundam among others. Tsubasa was a fav among me n friends
Never heard about it though (i wasn't even born in early 2000s), seems good, will see if i can watch it somewhere. I read manga too, its another great feel. I also don't like filler episodes and tend to skip the boring ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I am a big time fan of Naruto and Death note.

I see that you are 19, which means I have been watching Naruto since before you were born

I started watching the original Naruto and had to struggle through the fillers until Shippuuden began when the Manga was already some 100 chapters ahead.

Waiting every Thursday ( i think) for just a 20 min episode used to be a big pain.

Netflix added Naruto Shippuuden this year and I have been watching reruns of it, in thankfully better quality.
Another big fan of Naruto and Death note here ! You are quite senior in the anime community then me . I just started 2 years ago but have watched many of them and yes waiting for a week just for a single episode is indeed painful (i am waiting for new episodes of Demon Slayer even now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
My top two would be : Fullmetal Alchemist and Attack on Titan. Monster is another underrated anime that's available on nextflix.
I have been re-watching Naruto again (the nostalgia!) I like to rewatch 1-2 particular arcs. I won't mention as it might be spoiler for some.

Cheers!
Have heard quite a lot about both Fullmetal Alchemist and monster, both are in my watchlist with Fullmetal Alchemist just being the next anime i will watch. And AOT is just so great, waiting for the last part of AOT which will most likely come out in sept - oct 2023. And yes watching Naruto again is nostalgic indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Some favourites during my Anime phase:
Fist of the North Star
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Dragonball Z

Cheers
Great choices, though i have only heard about Dragonball out of them (seems like i will have to do some research lol).
Itachi_Uchiha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 12:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Am a bit old school (i think), my choices would be:

Hellsing (What got me into anime)
Initial D (Still watch some of the race scenes)
Fist of the north star (Psychedelic action!)
Vampire Hunter D
Berserk (The best of the lot!!!)
One Punch Man (Funnest of the lot)

Gave up on Castlevania, AoT, Death Note.

Tokyo Ghoul season 1 was excellent but season 2 was such chaos.

Other Notable mentions:
High school of the dead (if you like crazy action with lots of fan service)
My hero academia (This was the most recent anime i have watched to completion and it was good)

Last edited by deathwalkr : 23rd May 2023 at 12:54.
deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 14:18   #11
BHPian

Good thread and looks to be all series. Shocked to see no mention of Studio Ghibli.

Princess Mononoke and My Neighbour Totoro are some of the best ones and not sure if anyone has the guts to watch Grave of the Fireflies completely.
Abhisheknott is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 14:25   #12
BHPian

I watched Death Note during my college days and was really impressed by the genre. Later watched Code Geass and it was really good too. Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood was another title that really made a lasting impression on me.

But Naruto was the one that literally blew me away. Yes the series is pretty lengthy, but once you're hooked, there's no going back.

Last edited by RiGOD : 23rd May 2023 at 14:26. Reason: Typo
RiGOD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 15:20   #13

Never heard about it though (i wasn't even born in early 2000s), seems good, will see if i can watch it somewhere. I read manga too, its another great feel. I also don't like filler episodes and tend to skip the boring ones.

Animax is available on Jio TV now it seems.
aps88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:06   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi_Uchiha View Post

Have heard quite a lot about both Fullmetal Alchemist and monster, both are in my watchlist with Fullmetal Alchemist just being the next anime i will watch. And AOT is just so great, waiting for the last part of AOT which will most likely come out in sept - oct 2023. And yes watching Naruto again is nostalgic indeed!
Watch full metal Alchemist first then watch full metal Alchemist brotherhood. They are essentially the same anime but watching FMA first will give you a much better context. FMA and FMA brotherhood have different endings and some details are different the reason being when FMA first aired the manga wasn't done (IIRC) but they had to end it. FMA brotherhood was aired when manga was done so it will feel much more complete but doesn't set up context properly because it assumes you have seen FMA.

Demon Slayer is another cool anime, the animation is top notch.

AOT should have a different ending compared to manga. Mappas has said they are giving it a different end but it definitely is a wild ride! Eren Yeager is definitely one of my favourite characters now.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:28   #15
BHPian

I have not watched anime yet, and don't know where to start. Could anyone recommend me some?
JunkyardHunter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks