Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 11:29   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

I've got a doubt about the whole stamp duty circus in Kerala. I know that you need to give 9% or the value as stamp duty and have a 2% surcharge. But how do you fix the original value - does the government in Kerala have a fair value price per square feet or is it up to you to "fix" a price which may or may not be the original price?

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 12th April 2011, 11:41   #437
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

Two villas are available for sale behind Jakkur aerodrome .
The owner is my relative and willing to sell both together or single.
please ping me for further details and pricing.

thanks
msvg
Old 12th April 2011, 18:18   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
But how do you fix the original value - does the government in Kerala have a fair value price per square feet or is it up to you to "fix" a price which may or may not be the original price?

Drive on,
Shibu
Legally speaking, you should show the actual price and not some fix price.
Old 12th April 2011, 23:07   #439
BANNED

shibu, the govt. has notified the minimum price at which you should pay stamp duty for almost every square inch of land in Kerala.

You need to show value of land and building separately; so, undervaluation is not easy; and can land you in real hot trouble - like penalty.
Old 13th April 2011, 00:57   #440
BHPian

Try commonfloor.com for finding out flats for rent / sale.
Old 13th April 2011, 08:44   #441
Senior - BHPian

Hi (especially to Bangaloreans)
I am new to Bangalore, wrt real estate, though I had been there many times. In the budget of 60-70 lacs, could you suggest some apartments (under constructed) in original booking in Bangalore, preferably in outskirt of the city (within 20 kms radius). This is for personal use, and so would like the comfort of all amenities, space and life styles. Builder should be highly reputed and quality top notch.

Should be at least 3BHK and minimum area should be not less than 1500 sq.ft. Can wait the possession till 2012 or 13, as long as it is on schedule.

(the thing is, most of the builders in the south do not operate in North (Delhi/NCR) and hence, lack of knowledge about their reputation.)
Old 13th April 2011, 08:49   #442
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I am new to Bangalore, wrt real estate, though I had been there many times. In the budget of 60-70 lacs, could you suggest some apartments (under constructed) in original booking in Bangalore, preferably in outskirt of the city (within 20 kms radius). This is for personal use, and so would like the comfort of all amenities, space and life styles. Builder should be highly reputed and quality top notch.

Should be at least 3BHK and minimum area should be not less than 1500 sq.ft. Can wait the possession till 2012 or 13, as long as it is on schedule.
You could look at some of the recent projects from either Sobha or else Purvankara. Check out their websites, and then try and finalize on some project or area. Prestige is also a good option to be lookng at since you have the budget.

With regards to them being on schedule, one really cannot be certain. I would expect that Sobha keeps to their timelines, though.
Old 13th April 2011, 10:09   #443
BHPian

One of my friend is doing a community initiative in helping getting Khata for all residents in Bangalore. You can get details here sunshinekhata : Sunshine On Khata
(Though they have mentioned for Purva, they have expanded scope to all)
Old 13th April 2011, 11:15   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
You could look at some of the recent projects from either Sobha or else Purvankara. Check out their websites, and then try and finalize on some project or area. Prestige is also a good option to be lookng at since you have the budget.

With regards to them being on schedule, one really cannot be certain. I would expect that Sobha keeps to their timelines, though.
Thanks benbsb29! Sobha's website lists many projects. Seems they are very good at marketing. Hope its the same with their projects. Will make some calls to get an idea about their offering.

Prestige - it seems they are more into commercial projects.
Old 13th April 2011, 11:53   #445
BANNED

Quote:
Builder should be highly reputed and quality top notch.
Well to be frank none of them are. Its their business they cant be clean.

Having said that you need to be an alert customer. No two flats in any of these apartments will be of the same quality across the board.

Mantri Builders is another you can "rely" on.

Whom ever you choose do a quick google for complaints and issues mentioned. Don't take all issues as is and do a bit of background work.

Best of Luck.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:50   #446
BHPian

Any 3BHK Villas (preferably in gated communities) available for rent in and around Sarjapur Road/Marathalli, BLR?

Pre-Requisite: Possibility to securely park at least 3 cars (1 SUV, 2 Sedans); at least one parking should be covered parking.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:19   #447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Prestige - it seems they are more into commercial projects.
Not really, they have both.
Brigade group is also another group you could look at.

I cannot comment on the ethics of these groups, just that they command the major premiums among properties here.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:01   #448
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

I own an apartment in Bangalore- Brookfileds (Knightsbridge) that I am planning to sell. it is a 2bhk apartment and in case anyone is interested, please PM me for details and contact numbers.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:33   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

(the thing is, most of the builders in the south do not operate in North (Delhi/NCR) and hence, lack of knowledge about their reputation.)
Some builders with ongoing projects in Bangalore: DLF, Sobha, Brigade, Puravankara, Salarpuria, Prestige, Mantri.. list goes on and I think most of them are good.
Old 16th April 2011, 06:04   #450
Senior - BHPian

Thanks benbsb29, SpitFire, coolClouds! Appreciate it! I got in touch with some ongoing projects of Sobha and Prestige. Will be exploring out more options in the coming weeks.

Another question, this time, related to cars - Would there be too much trouble driving my DL registered car (civic) there, at least for 2 yrs? Because, after possession of the flat (assuming it would be after 2 yrs from now), I plan to anyway buy a car for used in Bangalore, and bring back the civic to Delhi after that period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks