Team-BHP - Gun Ownership
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Gun Ownership (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/27343-gun-ownership-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2167434)
I used to go shoot at the Range at shivaji park. It used to be a professional shooting range with some pretty sophisticated stuff. And it has air conditioning. Which was always useful for a few rounds in the afternoon. :D

But then, sadly, I lost touch.

>>>

Cyrus,

Hope you are enjoying your studies, four wheelers and the winter- in that order:).

Any pointers to how I can go to a range and learn shooting? In Bombay?

Regards

P.S. : If you see a Maserati Ghibli (the original from 66-73, not the later versions) please take pics and start a thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2167434)
I used to go shoot at the Range at shivaji park. It used to be a professional shooting range.

Which caliber(s) did you try your hands on? Shooting with Airguns is fun sometimes.

Any idea how much a BERNADELLI-GARDONE V.T. CAL .22 LONG can fetch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2171230)

You are selling one :D?

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2171230)

Around $150 to $200 as far as I can remember.:D A friend abroad had provided the info long time back when I was looking for one.
You can check on Indians For Guns • Index page for accurate prices in India.

In India it will cost a bomb. Ever since the import of firearms have been restricted, the price has skyrocketed. Even the OFB sells their Handguns close to a lakh rupees. And the quality of the gun is found to be wanting and many knowledgeable say the guns are a Joke.

Coming to BERNADELLI-GARDONE V.T. CAL .22 LONG < I'd not be surprised if in India a good piece could fetch more then a lakh.

I Too have a Air Rifle, but not sure about the model,got it from uncle.

i wanted to know whether we require the Licence for this or not.

regards
suresh

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER (Post 2172817)

regards
suresh

Air rifles don't need licenses.

Guns are fine things indeed. Used to be a bit of a gun nut but have shifted focus to the camera these days.

Still love a bit of air rifle shooting (target shooting) though.

I do not and will never be able to endorse shooting at animals and or live creatures.

Thinking it might be a good idea to enroll in the Police -run Target Shooting Course in Bangalore and getting a certificate from them.

with great power (read Guns) comes great responsibility - lets never forget that because it is very easy to start thinking in terms of being invincible and all that, when holding a fire-arm. Hence, great care,caution, discretion and responsibility needs always to be exercised.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER (Post 2172817)

regards
suresh

Machcha,

Airrifles/ air pistols and bbguns don't require licenses.Though any bodily harm done by them will be wholly your responsibility and the police can book you for that:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 2171606)
You are selling one :D?

Pramod

Maybe :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter_Ego (Post 2171994)
Around $150 to $200 as far as I can remember.:D A friend abroad had provided the info long time back when I was looking for one.
You can check on Indians For Guns &bull; Index page for accurate prices in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorpsycho (Post 2172727)
In India it will cost a bomb. Ever since the import of firearms have been restricted, the price has skyrocketed. Even the OFB sells their Handguns close to a lakh rupees. And the quality of the gun is found to be wanting and many knowledgeable say the guns are a Joke.

Coming to BERNADELLI-GARDONE V.T. CAL .22 LONG < I'd not be surprised if in India a good piece could fetch more then a lakh.

Thanks guys !

Saw and used this Walther CP88 CO2 .177 Air pistol. Well it looks awesome and looked more lethal than say a .22 IOF revolver or a .32 Beretta we previously had in the family.

Best part is no license needed, has a 8-shot magazine. Was up for sale but unfortunately I'd rather spend on my vehicles than on a weapon so let it go!

Has anyone seen one?

Off topic, read this article long back and was thinking something was wrong. Today explored further and realized a gun was used in this case. Surprisingly no mention of gun in the article, or many other news sites on this item.

But what really surprised me is why nobody questioned the parents leaving guns easily accessible to the kids. They should be charged with his death. I doubt if the kid really knew what he was doing.

Father fights bullying to honor son - CNN.com

sometimes i just want to shoot people that act funny, however i think that the stringent gun license policy is somewhat of a deterrent to the free-flow of guns.

Having said that, gun license is available to a lot of crooks through their "mantri quotas".
They don't need all india licence. They just get local DM permission letter for periods of 6 months etc. There are always ways of beating the system. It is unfortunate that the ones that are most likely to abuse the guns are allowed access to them.

Anyone who wants to own a firearm can buy one in India for a measly sum of 500 Rs or even less quoting from a report I read

"In fact, of the illegal arms in circulation worldwide 75 million pieces a shocking 40 million have found their way into India. An equal number, if not more, is being manufactured in illegal arms factories in UP and Bihar, available for as little as Rs 200. "Lethal arms is as easily available as a paan," says the report."

Getting a license is next to impossible in India ,unless otherwise one is well connected. And the quality of the guns available are very bad , the only choice are the OFB made " Guns" or the 20 year old imported ones that too at exorbitant costs. The OFB handguns are priced very high and the old imported ones cost in lakhs.
Those who want to buy illegally have a great choice for very good quality weapons , imported 9mm are available for Rs 25k and the locally made weapons are much much better then the ones made by OFB.

Quoting from the report
"the revolvers and pistols being churned out illegally in some of the unauthorised factories were of such fine make that it was difficult to differentiate between them and, say, an original Smith & Wesson, Walther PPK or Beretta"