Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2007, 11:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Similarly, I've been driving UP registered cars in Delhi for the past 15 years & apart from the odd late night check of papers (not a problem if you keep everything in order) they don't bother you much.

BUT make sure you have a Delhi PUC certificate always because the first thing that cops ask from outstation cars are the RC & PUC since the fine is hefty (1500) & most outstation cars don't have it.
Old 22nd September 2007, 22:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
gotzuk , you slightly wrong there --- if you drive a car in Karnataka that ain't registered there , you bound to have trouble unless you can prove that you just passing through . Infact I wasn't even aware of such a situation till someone mentioned it around here .

Cheers
what kind of trouble??
Old 23rd September 2007, 13:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

[quote=iraghava;572040]Similarly, I've been driving UP registered cars in Delhi for the past 15 years & apart from the odd late night check of papers (not a problem if you keep everything in order) they don't bother you much.

BUT make sure you have a Delhi PUC certificate always because the first thing that cops ask from outstation cars are the RC & PUC since the fine is hefty (1500) & most outstation cars don't have it.[/quote

noted....so a delhi PUC showing my TN plates is ok and a TN reg in RC is also ok....

i presume, one can drive without paying taxes upto 6months or 1 year ? so is it better( and possible ) to pay taxes upfront Gurgaon RTO - if so what shud be paid ?
i checked answer for ths question in many threads but there was only one post with regard to rules in KARNATAKA RTO website...

can someone help with regard to Gurgaon ? thanks and i look forward to meeting u all there....
Old 23rd September 2007, 16:54   #19
BHPian

ive been driving my car with a MP reg no. for over 6 years now.the cops here wont bother you on your KN/TN plate.Avoid jumping stop lights & talking on the phone.Thats about it!

Also,Ive never had any PUC check done.

Prost!
Old 24th September 2007, 01:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
noted....so a delhi PUC showing my TN plates is ok and a TN reg in RC is also ok....
Yes, that should do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
i presume, one can drive without paying taxes upto 6months or 1 year ? so is it better( and possible ) to pay taxes upfront Gurgaon RTO - if so what shud be paid ?
I don't think you need to pay upfront, wait till the time anybody asks you to, if we are right nobody will do that. Also, our mod TSK drives a KA registered Indica in Delhi, ask him about his experience too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajs View Post
Also,Ive never had any PUC check done.

Prost!
Just wait till a thulla catches you someday Dhiraj! I'll be laughing, loudly!
Old 24th September 2007, 08:36   #21
BHPian

Thanks for all this information.
So, looks like my car will be in "Lakhon mein ek" .. A Black Fiat petra with a Karnataka Number in Delhi-Gurgaon. Thats pretty exclusive right?
cheers
Old 24th September 2007, 10:42   #22
BHPian

I've bee driving my TN registered car in NCR, primarily Noida and Delhi, for 2 years and never got stopped except once for tints (but got let off due to family being in the car). I renewed insurance twice while there as well. I've also driven a MH registered car for a year in the NCR with no issues.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 24th September 2007, 20:07   #23
BHPian

same here,
i have been running three HP (himachal pradesh)
registered cars here in delhi/gurgaon for the past
six years.., have been stopped couple of times, but
complete papers and valid licence and puc got me
through without any problems.
so i say, stop fretting and enjoy the city
cheers
Old 24th September 2007, 22:07   #24
BHPian

Thanks narayan for starting the thread.
Thanks to all fellow Bhpians who have confirmed that there is no problem driving with other states Number plate.
Actually I myself drove UP80(Agra) car for 4 yreas in Delhi without any problem. but UP being neighbouring state, I never bothered.

Now since people here have started helping, can anyone help in telling us about a good residential area in Gurgaon nearby Palam vihar( Alcatel or Ericsson office).
another question, Do we have a Eurokids (School) nearby these places.
I need to rent a flat/House 2BHK within 2-3 kms of these places.
and My budget is not more than 10K.
Looking forward for your responses.

cheers.
GD
Old 24th September 2007, 23:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yeah No Problem - Eurokids I think or ( KIdzee ) is in DLF Phase 2 - 1 km from near the Malls ( Behind Ericsson Office ) - Palam Vihar is quite a distance away BTW !!!

Good place for you to stay would be DLF Phase 2 ( Personal Floors ) - Might have to shell out 15 - 18k a month for 2BHK.

Other options in Gurgaon would be - Media Housing Society - again a lil expensive.

DLF Princeton Estate ( Opp DLF Golf Course ) would be your best bet - Fantastic Flats, Great Ambience and people - 12 - 14k a month. ABout 6 kms from Ericsson Office.

Cheers !!!
Old 25th September 2007, 10:34   #26
BHPian

There are sectors like 22-23, adjacent to Palam Vihar. You can also try Sector-5 which connects with palam vihar and sector 22-23 via Sector road. It is approximately 3-4 kms.
Old 25th September 2007, 10:40   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
There are sectors like 22-23, adjacent to Palam Vihar. You can also try Sector-5 which connects with palam vihar and sector 22-23 via Sector road. It is approximately 3-4 kms.
Thank you Horsepower.

Do we have builder's flats/Apartments in these sectors? what is the expected rent for 2BHK?
I heard from someone that its difficult to find 2BHK in gurgaon as most of them are 3 or 4BHKs, Is this correct?
How safe are these sectors( 5, 22, 23 etc)?
Old 25th September 2007, 11:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Thank you Horsepower.

Do we have builder's flats/Apartments in these sectors? what is the expected rent for 2BHK?
I heard from someone that its difficult to find 2BHK in gurgaon as most of them are 3 or 4BHKs, Is this correct?
How safe are these sectors( 5, 22, 23 etc)?
In Sector 50, there is an upcoming locality: Mayfield Gardens. You can get a 3BHK under 10 k here.

In DLF Ph III, you can get a duplex house (although small i am not sure of the area) of 3 bedroom+1 hall+2 bathrooms+kitchen+ terrace(along with room in 2nd floor) for approximately 8.5 k. Although there are many without room on 2nd floor so that makes it a 2BHK.

Last edited by DCEite : 25th September 2007 at 11:08.
Old 25th September 2007, 11:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

And oh forgot to add.

Power cuts are the norm here. Minimum 4 hours is fixed per day. Also, water shortage is acute atleast in DLF. And, not to forget the power tarrif rate is the highest in the country.
Old 25th September 2007, 11:12   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
In Sector 50, there is an upcoming locality: Mayfield Gardens. You can get a 3BHK under 10 k here.

In DLF Ph III, you can get a duplex house (although small i am not sure of the area) of 3 bedroom+1 hall+2 bathrooms+kitchen+ terrace(along with room in 2nd floor) for approximately 8.5 k. Although there are many without room on 2nd floor so that makes it a 2BHK.
So, now I know whom to contact after reaching Gurgaon. Anyways, I will be having atleast 15-30 days of guest house stay, hope that is enough time to find a decent house within my budget.
Power is problem almost everywhere now, will look for power backup facility when finalzing.

Hope Landlord dont ask for 10 months advance like Bangalore.

Last edited by greatDrive : 25th September 2007 at 11:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks