Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2007, 07:40   #31
BHPian

I was in Hyderabad this summer and had Hyderabadi biryani at Paradise. I must say that it is highly over rated and I have had much better biryani many times. Too much of hype.

Cheers

nattusbs
Old 25th November 2007, 23:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

hi,
when are you planning to come to hyderabad???

suren181, ravi@64bhp live in Kukatpally.

suren181, can guide regarding the shools while ravi@64bhp will be able to guide you regarding the accomodation in and around kukatpally.

P.S. do let us know when you are here.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattusbs View Post
I was in Hyderabad this summer and had Hyderabadi biryani at Paradise. I must say that it is highly over rated and I have had much better biryani many times. Too much of hype.

Cheers
nattusbs
Agreed. You gotta try the biryani at Bawarchi at RTC cross roads. It is much, much better. Paradise is only high profile, with visitors like Rahul Gandhi giving fillip to its name by having food in it.
Old 8th April 2008, 08:55   #34
BHPian

Hyderabad user's urgent help required

Hyderabad BHP-ians,

I need some urgent help.
I would be traveling from Pune to Hyderabad by AP Tourism volvo tonight.
I need to visit Apollo hospitals in Jubilee hills.Please let me know if this on the way while coming from Pune and where I should get down.
Suggest me some good hotels near to Apollo hospitals as I would be traveling with my family.Budget upto Rs2000 is fine.

-Jeyaraj
Old 10th October 2009, 15:54   #35
BHPian

Bumping an old thread, sorry .
I have a job offer in Hyderabad , and I'm looking for advice over moving here from Pune. I haven't decided on it firmly, as the cost/benefit at the offered remuneration isn't looking very favourable but I'm looking out for job switch .

As of 2009, what does the rent for a 1 BHK apartment stand like ? The office is in Hi-tec ( or Hi-Tech ? ) City . Is this area expensive ? Also , what is the water , power and telecom situation in Hyderabad , frequent power cuts , water shortage etc ?

Lastly, how law and order situtation , considering in IT I may have lot of late night travel.

TIA
Old 10th October 2009, 16:03   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Bumping an old thread, sorry .
I have a job offer in Hyderabad , and I'm looking for advice over moving here from Pune. I haven't decided on it firmly, as the cost/benefit at the offered remuneration isn't looking very favourable but I'm looking out for job switch .

As of 2009, what does the rent for a 1 BHK apartment stand like ? The office is in Hi-tec ( or Hi-Tech ? ) City . Is this area expensive ? Also , what is the water , power and telecom situation in Hyderabad , frequent power cuts , water shortage etc ?

Lastly, how law and order situtation , considering in IT I may have lot of late night travel.

TIA
Having lived myself in Pune for a few years, i can compare Hyderabad to be equal or much better in all terms. Hyderabad is a much bigger place and has in the recent years become a real cosmopolition city and ranks in Top 5-6 places to live in India.

There is no 1-BHK concept in Hyderabad. However, you can easily get a 2-BHK in Kondapur/Madhapur/Malaysian Township which is just 2-5 kms radius of Hitec city for rents ranging from Rs.12K-Rs.15/Month.

There is no water shortage and power issues in these areas. Law and order wise, Hyderabad is much safer than most cities when it comes to night travel.

Cost of living in Hyderabad is cheaper than in Pune and as you may know is a food's paradise. So do not hesitate and move in without thinking twice.

If you can share which company your joining probably can pinpoint closer locations for your staying.
Old 10th October 2009, 17:11   #37
Team-BHP Support

Ricci, Hyderabad is quite a nice place to live in.

I work in Hi Tech city but live in a place called Masab Tank.
Its about 13 kms from Hi Tech city.
Rents for a 2 BHK will range from 7 to 17k depending on amenities available in the building.

Hyderabad is a non-vegetarians paradise.
Roads are decent but traffic is hay wire.
Will take some time to adjust but you should be fine.

This map is organised with localities in a drop down box
CYBERABAD TIMES MAPS : VERSION 3
Madhapur is referred as Hi Tech city.

Last edited by bblost : 10th October 2009 at 17:12.
Old 11th October 2009, 00:23   #38
BHPian

Thanks BBlost and Mobike008,

The prospective company is Value Labs. I have an offer, but before accepting I need to make sure it's a financially sound move , as here I'm staying with parents , so I could manage with a lower salary here - moving out means major expense is rent.

Am surprised to hear there aren' any 1 BHK apartments here. 12k rent seems high , esp as I was thinking of staying alone rather than in a shared accomodation, though the same rents apply in Pune but we have 1 BHK here.

Non-veg food , umm great ! A friend who moved from Pune to Hyd cursed Hyd traffic a lot , said it's worse than Pune , and so are the roads , this was some 2 years ago.

Also, how is the two wheeler service facilities in Hyderabad ? I have a P220 FI , Pune reg. Is BAL service good, to bring my bike down , or is it better to buy an AP reg bike ? Do the cops target out of state vehicles , as I hear they do in Bangalore ?
Old 12th October 2009, 13:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
.......Am surprised to hear there aren' any 1 BHK apartments here..........
Have seen a few buildings with 1 BHK apartments but they're not very common. You will probably find some if you try.

Quote:
.......A friend who moved from Pune to Hyd cursed Hyd traffic a lot , said it's worse than Pune , and so are the roads , this was some 2 years ago.......
Haven't been to Pune recently but as far as the traffic is concerned, that's possible. The problems are more with indiscipline than volume. But the roads here are generally quite good, even in the outskirts.

Quote:
.......Do the cops target out of state vehicles , as I hear they do in Bangalore ?
I wouldn't say they target out-of-state vehicles but there is a small chance of being stopped. Suggest you keep your train ticket/truck consignment list referring to the bike, or toll receipts, if you ride the bike down, handy. That should help in the first few months as there is a certain period given to change the number. Don't remember offhand what the period is in AP.
Old 12th October 2009, 13:42   #40
BHPian

Hyderabad cost of living was pretty low compared to Bangalore three back. 2BHK was available for 4K to 6K. Now the rents are very high and nothing less than 9K average in and around Hyd.
Old 12th October 2009, 13:52   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks BBlost and Mobike008,

The prospective company is Value Labs. I have an offer, but before accepting I need to make sure it's a financially sound move , as here I'm staying with parents , so I could manage with a lower salary here - moving out means major expense is rent.

Am surprised to hear there aren' any 1 BHK apartments here. 12k rent seems high , esp as I was thinking of staying alone rather than in a shared accomodation, though the same rents apply in Pune but we have 1 BHK here.

Non-veg food , umm great ! A friend who moved from Pune to Hyd cursed Hyd traffic a lot , said it's worse than Pune , and so are the roads , this was some 2 years ago.

Also, how is the two wheeler service facilities in Hyderabad ? I have a P220 FI , Pune reg. Is BAL service good, to bring my bike down , or is it better to buy an AP reg bike ? Do the cops target out of state vehicles , as I hear they do in Bangalore ?
Roads in Hyderabad are way better than Pune

Traffic is quite unruly. Defensive will not work, so you need to adopt agressive style.

I own a Pulsar 150 and BAL service is very good. Apart from that you have scores of local bike service wallahs who do an equally if not better job.

If you decide to stay 10kms-15kms away from office you can get a decent accomodation for 5K-6K. I can suggest Prakash Nagar in Begumpet which is approximately 15kms from Hitec city and is kind of a haven for single folks both men and women. My aunt lives there and also lets out to single folks i can check if they have something available.
Old 12th October 2009, 14:03   #42
BANNED

I have lived in Hyd for a couple of years but moved out by end of 2006, so my info may not be upto date. I used to live near Panjagutta in Hyderabad.
This is around 10 kms from HiTech City, I think - may be wrong - it's a couple of years now.

Quote:
Also , what is the water , power and telecom situation in Hyderabad , frequent power cuts , water shortage etc ?
TIA
Where I lived there was no water problem, but all the water in the bathroom was hard-water.
Power situation is different from Pune.

I used to have everyday power cuts in hyderabad - a lot of them for 1/2 hour to 1 hour - couple of times a day, sometimes.

Autos in Punes are very good inside the city - though autos suck if you go to Aundh, Baner etc.

In Hyderabad, autos suck pretty much everywhere.

Call Taxi service, on the other hand is better in Hyderabad as compared to Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Cost of living in Hyderabad is cheaper than in Pune and as you may know is a food's paradise.
How is it cheaper - I find cost of living to be pretty similiar between Pune & Hyderabad.

Foodwise, I think it depends on the kind of food you like.
I find Pune only 2nd to Bombay, foodwise, & far better than Hyderabad.

One of the reasons (though low on my reasons for moving), I moved from Hyderabad was to get more access to Maharashtra type of food.

Goodluck Cafe Biryani in Pune is far better than any Biryani I have tasted in Hyderabad.

One of the biggest initial challenges for me to adjust in Hyderabad was the concept of time. If you call an electrician for some work & he says I will come tommorow - what he really means is that he will come sometime in the next 1 year or so if you go & pick him up from his house. Because of this my first couple of months in Hyderabad was rather bad, when I frequently needed electricians, plumbers etc.
Old 12th October 2009, 15:05   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How is it cheaper - I find cost of living to be pretty similiar between Pune & Hyderabad.

Foodwise, I think it depends on the kind of food you like.
I find Pune only 2nd to Bombay, foodwise, & far better than Hyderabad.

One of the reasons (though low on my reasons for moving), I moved from Hyderabad was to get more access to Maharashtra type of food.

Goodluck Cafe Biryani in Pune is far better than any Biryani I have tasted in Hyderabad.

One of the biggest initial challenges for me to adjust in Hyderabad was the concept of time. If you call an electrician for some work & he says I will come tommorow - what he really means is that he will come sometime in the next 1 year or so if you go & pick him up from his house. Because of this my first couple of months in Hyderabad was rather bad, when I frequently needed electricians, plumbers etc.
I agree to some of your points about people being not time consious, that's typical Hyderabadi for you.

When i say it is cheaper, then i meant rental and food. Food wise there is no comparison between Pune and Hyderabad since i lived in Pune too. Whereas Hyderabad has options ranging from Punjabi, Gujrathi, Nizami, Telugu, Rajasthani, Muglai to several other cuisines and is truely cosmopolitan. If you dont agree then probably you were sad that you couldnt get maharastrian food ( what exactly is that?) Pitla? Huli? Sreekhand?Puran Poli?

If you had explored, you can easily get good maharastrian food in Hyderabad in areas where you have predominantly Maharastrian population like Kacheguda, Nimboli Adda etc.

I agree too that in Pune Goodluck and Blue Diamond are the only two places that churn out a biryani close to the actual biryani taste. But, i disagree they are better than Hyderabadi Biryani.

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th October 2009 at 15:07.
Old 12th October 2009, 16:32   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post

there are different types of biryani; for xample, the biryani made in Hyderabad is way off the biryani made in Lucknow.

Either -
a. you didn't eat at the right places
b. you dont like the hyderabadi method of preparation

sorry for going OT
Old 12th October 2009, 16:38   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If you dont agree then probably you were sad that you couldnt get maharastrian food ( what exactly is that?) Pitla? Huli? Sreekhand?Puran Poli?

If you had explored, you can easily get good maharastrian food in Hyderabad in areas where you have predominantly Maharastrian population like Kacheguda, Nimboli Adda etc.
Explored a lot, man :-)
A month of my time in Hyderabad was on an expense account. So used
to eat out every day. Everyday in a different part of the city. Everyday in a different restaurant - have eaten all over the place from Paradise to Bawarchi to Koyla to Gallopping Gooseberies to Malgudi to Taj Residency to ITC Kakatiya to anything you can think of.

Also I have no idea what's Pitla or Huli. I have been born & bought in Bombay, but I am not "Marathi" so as to speak - though I
can speak Marathi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
there are different types of biryani; for xample, the biryani made in Hyderabad is way off the biryani made in Lucknow.

Either -
a. you didn't eat at the right places
b. you dont like the hyderabadi method of preparation
I think the 2nd reason is more true. I prefer the style of Biryani which are more commonly available in Bombay, Pune & Kerala.

Last edited by carboy : 12th October 2009 at 16:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks