Very aggressive. Taxi drivers are scared of you 12 10.53%
Choose your own style. 33 28.95%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2004, 21:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

I choose my own style...

generally mild...but cut in front of me on my bad days...and u are sure to hear some #&*$^ and then an exhibition of some really aggressive driving..

Just today i hit two autos on the way back home...they were trying to act smart. After me...i bet they will be more careful with green colored accents.

But i drive very sanely on open roads...its the traffic that gets me pumping.

Drifter
Old 20th December 2004, 21:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
I choose my own style...

generally mild...but cut in front of me on my bad days...and u are sure to hear some #&*$^ and then an exhibition of some really aggressive driving..

Just today i hit two autos on the way back home...they were trying to act smart. After me...i bet they will be more careful with green colored accents.

But i drive very sanely on open roads...its the traffic that gets me pumping.

Drifter
hahaha - generally mild ?? u must be kidding pal !!
and u hit 2 autos?? *** - thats an accent not a hummer maaan

already u had 2 bad days and now u go n bash autos with ur car !!!

i wud say ur driving style is Lunatic - cos u drive hard with no diesel in ur tank !!!
Old 20th December 2004, 22:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

guys is this a FE topic ??????????
talking abt my style its mostly defensive driving.but then that depeneds on wat type of rd u r in.
if in mumbai or any rd with divider its mostly 100-120kph on the middle lane .
if on the xpressway or the any other highway ,nowadays its a max of 140kph as my car is abt 3.5yrs old.
but if its a ghat or a winding rd like nh17 ,then i am in race mode----slow in ,fast out .
always attacking corners.
and in tunnels,i rip the car .it has to be in 3000+rpm no matter wat gear ,or wat speed.and windows down.
in economy mode i have got an unbeleivable 24+kpl without AC and a speed limit of 60kph on the highway.
under normal higheay driving i get abt 18-19kpl with ac and abt 14-15 in the city.
i have got worst of 8kpl with AC in mumbai whe i had gone to juhu ,JWmarriot at abt 8pm.
Old 20th December 2004, 23:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

my driving style ends up being pretty aggressive..
i'm always running late for things and so have to step on it !
Old 21st December 2004, 00:22   #20
F50
Senior - BHPian

I chose 'Choose your own style'. It depends on my mood. If a girl is there next to me i ll drive slowly jerk free shifts and smooth driving but as soon as i recieve a compliment that i drove nicely thats it then there after i drive a bit fast. lol.
But i can say that i cant drive slowly for very long except on empty roads stick to one lane and keep cruising.
Old 21st December 2004, 10:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Ummm... when i gave the option of "choose your own style", wot i meant was choose a style that i might have missed in the other four options. I'd give an example if i could... but then again, if i knew any other style, i would have already put it there. But I definitely didnt want it to mean that you choose your style as per the situation. Well, our driving style is of course influenced by the circumstances.... but what i wanted to know was ... whats the style that you stick to the most? what comes naturally to you? Forget the bad days when you turn into a lunatic on the road.... forget the times when u want to show to ur girfriend how smooth you are.... forget the occasions when u have to drive with a lot of caution coz the guy who funded ur car (aka dad) is sitting next to you and watching your every move. Just tell us what kind of a driver you are at heart!
I hope my intention behind this poll is a bit clearer now. Apologies for not making it clear at the beginning.
Old 11th January 2005, 21:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wud say ur driving style is Lunatic - cos u drive hard with no diesel in ur tank !!!
oh yah, i too heard the same thing, from a reliable source.

Shan2nu
Old 11th January 2005, 22:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

I am normally a mildly aggresive driver, but sometimes.......I get charged up........or I get REALLY pissed, and at those times, its GETOUTTATHEWAYHERECOMESTHECRAZY*******ONHISSTEED

!!!!!
Old 13th January 2005, 00:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

My own stlye!

I dunt drive aggresively unless its really required.
Hell yeah!! i can be a whacked out b******d too!

X
Old 13th January 2005, 09:47   #25
BHPian

i am pretty chill wen i am with my dad.. crusing at decent speeds at 1500 rpm...very cautious but wen i am alone.... i am a bit fast .... and safe... but if u instigate me..... i wouldnt mind knocking you and runniing over you...lol..........i would might as well pull you out make you sleep on the road and drive over you... and if beating the #$%% is really important... then dividers no longer divide roads fer me....if its bus drivers then i wouldnt mind jus parking my car ahead of him and have nice cup of tea till he gets down from his prestigious government protected seat.....lol

Last edited by cheatingdeath : 13th January 2005 at 09:48.
Old 9th April 2005, 01:05   #26
Team-BHP Support

Darn, these choices don't cover my style. I'll have to choose the last entry.

Family Car website has a great way to rate cars. They rate the cars for 3 category of drivers. Check of their comment on Corvette Z06.

Conservative drivers: Forget it, this car is not for you

Sporty drivers: This car can be a handful to drive smoothly, it is also a ticket magnet which means that you have to drive slower than the prevailing traffic in order to stay out of trouble. .

Fast drivers: This car is great for weekend races at the track and you don't need to trailer it to get it there. The racetrack is the only way to find this cars limits safely. It's that fast.
Old 9th April 2005, 03:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

hmmm ...depends on my mood really ..
sometimesi find myself shifting at 2500 rpm ....1 -2 -3 n thn straight to 5 ... ..economy run ...doesnt really last long and sooner or later am revving all the way up ....screeching wheels at stop lights ...cutting lanes .. typically a delhi driver best described " rash "...no wonder i find driving so boring here ...
Old 9th April 2005, 08:32   #28
BHPian

Very agressive indeed!!!! I get irritated when I sit with slow drivers. this happens with my Dad al the time who has never seen more than 40kmph in cities.
Old 9th April 2005, 10:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

For first two years of my driving, i was aggressive.. and sometimes Rash as well. But the experience i have gained is that whether you drive rashly or normally, it wont affect the time it takes to reach from point A to point B, as long as you are in City. So why decrease engine life and revv more and get less F.E...??
To elaborate more, here's i used to drive earlier:
1st gear: upto 25kmph
2nd gear: upto 40kmph
3rd gear: upto 60kmph
then 4th gear etc.
F.E. achieved: 11-12.5kmpl

Now i drive like this:
1st gear: upto 10kmph Max
2nd gear: upto 25kmph
3rd gear: upto 35-48
4th gear: at 38~40kmph
5th gear: at45 kmph

F.E. achieved: 15~16kmpl

And i am glad that i have learnt this lesson at an early satage of my driving life (i am just 21)
Old 9th April 2005, 11:50   #30
BHPian

Well, I find myself in three situations:

1)With Family:Calm and composed.Always on the left side of the road in city driving.Either in the middle lane or the slowest lane on highways/expressway.
Why calm and composed?There are more backseat drivers in my family...I become a robot listening and following all the instructions. Get too defensive.

2)With Friends:Composed but aggressive....enjoying the music/drive/chats etc.

3)All alone:Very Aggressive...boy racer mode. 85 % of the time

Quite a split personality....

Rahul
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks