Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2007, 00:53   #61
fb1
BHPian

just saw this topic, RIP.. very sad to know they died at such a young age..
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:37   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
at the risk of being insensitive, I think they deserve the darwin awards.

1. they did manage to remove themselves from the gene pool.
2. they did not leave any offsprings.
3. they were grown up enough to know what will happen to their skull if crashed hard at 100+ speeds.

unfortunate for the parents, but I doubt if anyone could have saved them with that atitude. thankfully they did not kill an innocent pedestrian.
I knew Sanjiv personally and kindly refrain from commenting if you dont know the guy... people get killed on Bajaj pulsar too... and in an auto rickshaw.. and on a bicycle...

the guy had money, he bought a 1000cc'er... and for some reason (which no one knows), he crashed.. people die in several ways, but it does not mean that if a rich guy dies in a road accident, he has to be blamed for buying that sports bike...

may his soul RIP..
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:31   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky.bahl View Post
I knew Sanjiv personally and kindly refrain from commenting if you dont know the guy... people get killed on Bajaj pulsar too... and in an auto rickshaw.. and on a bicycle...

the guy had money, he bought a 1000cc'er... and for some reason (which no one knows), he crashed.. people die in several ways, but it does not mean that if a rich guy dies in a road accident, he has to be blamed for buying that sports bike...

may his soul RIP..
We know its very sad, but you have a valid point vicky. Just like if a person have a sports car and met with an accident , then people will say "the guy must had driven it fast, even if its not his mistake", or if a person drives a car with a small engine, then they will say "Driving Errors or the faster vehical hits it".

Media had a big role in throwing petrol on the fire. In media it was written that the bike can go upto 480 kmph. Not many of them knew about the limiters in superbikes. Even Hayabusa have limiters to 300 kmph. 180 kmph difference is a huge difference.
Old 3rd December 2007, 18:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky.bahl View Post
I knew Sanjiv personally and kindly refrain from commenting if you dont know the guy... .
I know I was being insensitive, and My inference was totally based on the information available.

but it was an outcome of frustration of not being able to infuse simple facts of (preserving) life over the years in people's brains, and I hate to admit, but i have given up on road safety issue. I could be totally wrong in this case though.

personally, apologies to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks