BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Haven't you paid one time tax?
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Does he pay road tax every year..?
Never heard about that.
It used to be one time tax in Kolkata earlier but IIRC since the past 5-6 years that's been changed to tax payment every 5 years in Kolkata. I'm not so sure about rest of Bengal. The local Govt. is poorly starved of money so they think the best and easiest way to earn money is to extract it from owners of motor vehicles :-(
Old 5th June 2010, 09:41   #32
BHPian

If the car is more than 10 tears old (in Calcutta), the road tax is paid annually.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:35   #33
BHPian

^^^ OMG! I didn't know that. Tax every year is a pain!
Old 30th August 2010, 14:15   #34

Is it possible to tranfer registration of Santro zing GLS model 2008 from Cochin (Kerala) to New Delhi or Noida post implementation of Bharat Stage IV norms in Delhi/ NCR April 2010 onwards?
Old 8th May 2016, 22:36   #35
BHPian

re: Will be relocating (with car) to Delhi NCR - Please advise?

A friend of mine wants to buy a HR-05(karnal haryana ) honda city diesel in delhi . Is it possible to have an interstate sale and registration transfer? I have heard that outside state vehicles can be registered in Delhi if they are BS-4.
Old 1st July 2016, 11:18   #36
BHPian

Dear all,
I have been moved from Kolkata to Gurgaon last month. I am alone here with my family back in Kolkata, and this arrangement is likely to continue for long.
I am planning to get my car to Gurgaon. My car is Kolkata Beltala/Kasba registration. WB02AB series. It is a diesel Ritz.
Guys in NCR region telling me to just get the car with tax paid in Kolkata and PUC done with proper RC book and drive here. Nobody checks in Gurgaon and cars from all states ply here like UP, HR, RJ, DL, CH, PB, etc.

But my concern is elsewhere.
1. My car is registered in my wife's name and she is not staying in Gurgaon. She will be in Kolkata with family.
2. I will be entering Delhi often with the car. Presume checking happen in Delhi and a WB number may be attraction.
3. Concern of driving a diesel car in Delhi.
4. The other state cars are registered in and around Delhi and can claim having just come a day ago, which I can't do with a WB car.
5. I will often drive to Chandigarh to my aunt & sister place.

What is the best way out?
Spoke to a guy who deals with selling cars and he says its cumbersome to follow the law and easy to break it. Kuch nahi hota ... Ap log bekar darte ho ... This was his version.
Guys in Kolkata can get me NOC from motor vehicles. But if the car cannot be registered in Gurgaon then I'm in a no-mans-land.
I am confused. Can anyone help with concrete suggestions please?
Regards,
sauravdc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 19:56   #37
BHPian

Re: Delhi-Kolkata by Road | NH2 in Full Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravdc View Post
Dear all,
I have been moved from Kolkata to Gurgaon last month. I am alone here with my family back in Kolkata, and this arrangement is likely to continue for long.
But my concern is elsewhere.
1. My car is registered in my wife's name and she is not staying in Gurgaon. She will be in Kolkata with family.
2. I will be entering Delhi often with the car. Presume checking happen in Delhi and a WB number may be attraction.
3. Concern of driving a diesel car in Delhi.
4. The other state cars are registered in and around Delhi and can claim having just come a day ago, which I can't do with a WB car.
Yes, its very different when compared to other states in NCR or even in all northern states. No one bothers about your registration number or whether it's registered in name of your wife. You have absolutely nothing to worry. I have driven MH number car for almost two years in Gurgaon.
However, when you to Ghaziabad or Noida, traffic police is more corrupt and may find you an easy target to make a quick buck on some pretext or other.

Potential issues:
1) Out of state cars are high on thieves list.
2) You might face issue in case you want to sell your vehicle.
3) Easy target for primarily UP cops. In Gurgaon, if you wear seat belt and look alert, police mostly don't trouble you.
Old 1st July 2016, 22:10   #38
BHPian

Hi

The same thought runs through my mind. Next week am purchasing a Swift Dzire AGS, i anticipate two trips to Delhi every year, maybe the car could be used at Delhi for an extended period (registration shall be WB). I used a KA20 registered motorbike at Gujarat / Delhi and Madhya Pradesh - all papers intact - cops just asked me - "kahan ka registration hai" - on a personal front - felt nice to have a unique registration number - you know 'its different' - 'jara hat ke'
Old 2nd July 2016, 01:50   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As stated by others, absolutely nothing to worry neither in Chandigarh nor anywhere in Delhi NCR or Punjab. I used to drive WB registered Zen many Years back in Chandigarh. Just ensure all documents are in order. Your wife doesn't need to be in the car all the time. Outstation cars can be an issue if these are not in your name ( purchased second hand etc ) and awaiting NOC etc, so don't even consider getting these transferred. When you are ready to sell either take it back to WB and sell there or get NOC for the new buyer.
Old 3rd July 2016, 16:41   #40
BHPian

Sirs, thanks a ton for the confidence boosting posts.

Quoting some additional facts for your insights and suggestions if any,

PUC is done on 30 June 2016 and will be valid for 6 months (till Dec 29, 2016).
Road tax in WB paid till 2017 December 27th - any suggestion on road tax to be paid in Gurgaon or elsewhere on or before Dec 2017?
Insurance in order, renewed in Dec 2015 valid till Dec 2016 and it gets auto renewed online every year.
My DL is of WB now valid from 2014 to 2024.
Smart card of car valid till Dec 2027 at my Kolkata address on wife's name.

My only concern is getting "caught" in north India with a WB car wherein it has not been transferred to Gurgaon Motor Vehicle and road tax is still paid in WB. Complexity being the owner of the car not being present in Gurgaon. However, I always carry a letter of authority from my wife, allowing me to drive the car.

Selling the car is no issue as I will bring it back to Kolkata and sell off. My entire family is in Kolkata and I might be driving down twice a year to Kolkata as long as I am in Gurgaon.
Thieves have to be kept at bay. Parking in front of Gurgaon residence is safe with many cars parked. Other places I need to be careful. Car has standard Maruti anti burglary alarm, but I know thieves are no fools either.

Hopefully I can now simply drive it down to Gurgaon and use it. - any further suggestions welcomed please.

Regards,

Last edited by sauravdc : 3rd July 2016 at 16:54.
Old 4th July 2016, 12:17   #41

Re: Will be relocating (with car) to Delhi NCR - Please advise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravdc View Post
S
PUC is done on 30 June 2016 and will be valid for 6 months (till Dec 29, 2016)....

Regards,
PUC will be valid for 3 months in NCR from the date its issued. So you will need to get PUC done by end September, even if the PUC says its valid for 6 months.

Just FYI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks