Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2008, 22:22   #1
BHPian

Will be relocating (with car) to Delhi NCR - Please advise?

Hi all,

I own a Swift- comprehensively insured, road tax, Kolkata registered in name of my employer due to finances - which is less than 6 months. I will be relocating to Delhi NCR in March 08. I have way too many questions:

1. How do I transfer the car and the likely expenses..pls

2. What all would I need to do to get the car registered in NCR? and what will be the likely expenses be like? Is it different for Faridabad, Gurgaon (which are NCR) and Delhi?

The fact is that even after moving to the NCR my car will have to be registered in the name of my employer again...this time the gurgaon office.

3. Do I get any refunds for road tax paid in Kolkata? if yes, please detail me on the process to do the same.

All inputs on the same will be held in high regards.

Thanks in advance.
kryptik
Old 9th January 2008, 11:46   #2
BANNED

Calcutta to Delhi should be relatively easier since both are Euro III. You will have to get a NOC from the Calcutta RTO and then reregister at Delhi/Gurgaon. In principle you should ge the road tax back, but you never do. So be prepared to pay the Delhi/Haryana road tax. Insce. etc should be Ok.
Old 9th January 2008, 12:01   #3
BHPian

If your employer is comfortable with the idea, you can continue with the WB registration and use the car in NCR without any hassles. Unlike Mumbai, the cops in NCR do not hassle you for driving an out-of-NCR registered car. You will have to transfer/buy a new insurance policy so that claims, if any, are easily processed.
If the car has to be registered in NCR, then it will be in the State (Delhi/Haryana/UP)in which your employer has his office.
Old 9th January 2008, 12:07   #4
Team-BHP Support

I agree with Bomi here. You can comfortably drive in Delhi with a WB registration.

Also, Freedabad abd gurgaon are haryana while noida and ghaziabad are UP
Old 9th January 2008, 12:07   #5
BHPian

i was wondering if there is any entry tax applicable as well.. my car will be 6 months old at the time I move it. Delhi guys any fundae on the same?
Old 9th January 2008, 23:55   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptik83 View Post
i was wondering if there is any entry tax applicable as well.. my car will be 6 months old at the time I move it. Delhi guys any fundae on the same?
guys quoting myself again. but found out the Road Tax estimates in Delhi and Haryana state. they would be
DELHI - 25.5k (app)
HARYANA - 9.5k (Gurgaon,Faridabad), 6k (Chandigarh)

So that solves one of my issues.. registration costs would be in the range of 3.5 - 5k (at most)

So that leaves me with one last item again
- ENTRY TAX

let me know the ENTRY tax (rates) for transferrign a car. If reqd will take my car 6 months later to avoid or minimize the ENTRY tax factor
kryptik83 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th January 2008, 21:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nothing required Buddy - Just bring your car - That's it.

Forget any tax - Nothing is Compulsary.

If you have a number - its fine - no matter what state it is. Cheers !!!
Old 10th January 2008, 21:32   #8
BHPian

Just book it with Agarwal packers with rest of your luggage and get it there and drive out. More you think about it more complicated it gets.

On a serious note - No there is no entry tax as far as I know (or there was not when I shifted). You need an NOC from Kolkata RTO and road tax & registration to be paid to Dehli/UP/Haryana (wherever your office is).

IMHO if your office agrees to pay it all - go ahead and get the peperwork done. If not - just get the NOC from Cal - reach del and start driving confidently - cops do not generally bother you. No problem as long as you do not get involved in any major accident.
Old 10th January 2008, 21:38   #9
BHPian

There are cars here with numbers from all over the country. I don't think you'll have any issue regarding this.

If you plan to sell your car after sometime, thn that will create prob (Resale value) but for own use just keep the same number

Last edited by kjdesigns_2000 : 10th January 2008 at 21:40.
Old 11th January 2008, 09:52   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Nothing required Buddy - Just bring your car - That's it.
will do just that..thanks vkochar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1558 View Post
IMHO if your office agrees to pay it all - go ahead and get the peperwork done. If not - just get the NOC from Cal - reach del and start driving confidently - cops do not generally bother you.
is NOC from Kolkata RTO necessary because as you pointed out re-registering won't actually be required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 View Post
If you plan to sell your car after sometime, thn that will create prob (Resale value) but for own use just keep the same number
If I don't have to re-register now, nothing like it. I will anyways have to re-register my car in Sep-2011 because ownership will be transferred to me. Till date it is in the name of my emloyer who have arranged for the finances. Will that be a problem?
Old 11th January 2008, 11:17   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptik83 View Post

is NOC from Kolkata RTO necessary because as you pointed out re-registering won't actually be required.?
No NOC would be required from the Kolkatta RTO but thats only if you not re registering the vehicle . Just drive in -- drive around -- drive back , no hassles here .
Old 14th January 2008, 08:30   #12
BHPian

Octroi ?

I guess what he is trying to ask is if he needs to pay Octroi. That is what is the norm in Maharashtra as it is still one of those obsolete places which doesn't recognize VAT clearly and have Octroi post on every city's perimeter! :(

Can somebody from Delhi clarify this point?
Old 14th January 2008, 18:00   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
I guess what he is trying to ask is if he needs to pay Octroi. That is what is the norm in Maharashtra as it is still one of those obsolete places which doesn't recognize VAT clearly and have Octroi post on every city's perimeter! :(

Can somebody from Delhi clarify this point?
Please specify what is octroi?? Sorry for my negligence, am a newbie and hence don't know half the terms used
Old 14th January 2008, 21:55   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
If your employer is comfortable with the idea, you can continue with the WB registration and use the car in NCR without any hassles. Unlike Mumbai, the cops in NCR do not hassle you for driving an out-of-NCR registered car. You will have to transfer/buy a new insurance policy so that claims, if any, are easily processed.
If the car has to be registered in NCR, then it will be in the State (Delhi/Haryana/UP)in which your employer has his office.

No need to register and no need to buy/transfer your insurance policy. If you have maruti insurance you can claim anywhere. I have my car registered in Lucknow and I did made a claim in Delhi and that too cashless.
Old 15th January 2008, 01:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
No NOC would be required from the Kolkatta RTO but thats only if you not re registering the vehicle . Just drive in -- drive around -- drive back , no hassles here .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 View Post
There are cars here with numbers from all over the country. I don't think you'll have any issue regarding this.

Man, that sounds like heaven (only if you add the international meets that go on over there).

team-bhp member narayan recently shifted from madras to gurgaon along with his OHC, PM him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks