Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2008, 23:04   #61
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod : Thread closed. These kinds of threads are pointless. Every incident of hostility can be coloured with racist or castist tones.
For example I can say the Auto guy who hit my car did it because of my religion. All this leads to is pointless arguing and finger pointing, and more often than not post deletion due to personal attacks.
If any of you feel different and still want to continue with such threads, please take it via PM with the support team
Old 14th January 2008, 23:04   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I have only 1 choice now. Move back to blore ASAP. This will take some time as I moved to a new company 2 months back.
I don't think this will work. Bangalore is no better. I lived in Bangalore between 1982-2006 (but 9 years of gap in between), from a very polite society, it has become a very rude society. When I came back to Bangalore in 2004, I faced a strange situation. Most locals mistook me for an outsider for some reason. Many times I faced hostility until I shot back in my Bangalore accent/dialect Kannada. Then they become instantly nuetral or friendly. Bangaloreans in general were never language zealots, but now they have become that. I don't want to dwell on the causes, just stating the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
OK. I will try: just think of people from North Karnataka. Their Kannada is pretty brash (I am originally from North Karnataka too, but have spent most of my life in South Karnataka). The way they speak looks pretty rude, but they are not. I think similar is the case with the general Tamilian populace.
Yeah, I know what you are saying. My initial visits to Bombay (then) left me thinking all of them are really rude. Talking about north Karnataka dialect, they sound like slap in the face to somebody from south Karnataka. Recently one young chap (from bhagalkot) who moved to my neighbourhood requested me to open the door (Kada tegeri), it roughly sounded like "Abbey, darawaza Kohl". I thundered back "Yakee" (why???) with a chilling voice, the guy got terrified. Then I realised he was not being impolite, in his dialect there is no polite prefix or suffix needed.

Edit: Now the thread is really closed.

Last edited by Samurai : 14th January 2008 at 23:06.
Old 17th April 2008, 18:43   #63
BHPian

Worst Cities to drive in.

I have been living in Bangalore for the past 22 Years. Traffic scene was quite ok. The most annoying part was and is to see the autos and the two wheelers squeezing thro the gaps. And ofcourse the big blue color thing moving occupying the whole road.

Due to my work I had to shift to chennai and now i've been living here for a while. Believe me, I hate this place. Only reason being that people have no driving sense. No one cares for the oncoming vehicles. The rear view mirrors seems to serve no purpose. Although, I must appreciate the roads here. They are wider compared to Bangalore. But then again, there is no lane discipline. Guys, I aint comparing the two cities. This has been my experince so far with respect to the two cities.

P.S : NO OFFENSE TO ANY ONE IN PARTICULAR.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks