Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 09:44   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Capital gains tax later on when you sell the place is the only implication then.
Exactly. I do not think they plan to move for maybe the next decade. They are both highly qualified medicos, and there are plenty of high end hospitals in the Gurugram - Delhi area. They have their infant son in a top Gurugram school.
Old 12th September 2016, 07:19   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Heh - just around the time Bigdata-based systems were gaining popularity. :-)

Though I'd like to see a reference that IT department is crosslinking data from RTO. As for property data - it is still largely voluntary, isn't it?

And don't know what they can get with Aadhar that they couldn't with PAN.
Now practically all property transactions, buy or lease, have to have PAN numbers. A person can have multiple PAN/TAN nos. if he is a service or businessman but only one Aadhaar, so I guess it does give a different view. And eventually all transactions will have an Aadhaar no. so I guess that will become the primary reference.
Old 12th September 2016, 08:06   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
A person can have [...] only one Aadhaar
That is of course, a mirage because of two inherent problems (one structural, one operational) with Aadhar:

1. That Aadhar will be issued to only a subset of all human beings.
2. That it is prohibitively expensive to properly authenticate using the USP of Aadhar - biometrics.

So a simple scheme to create multiple fake but usable Aadhars would involve finding people in the remaining 5.8 billion (7 billion humans less 1.2 billion eligible for Aadhar), and using their biometrics and dubious documentation. All it needs is a pliant enrollment centre operator.
Old 15th September 2016, 23:37   #1024
BHPian

Just received my income tax refund in the form of an SBI Cheque (last year, it was directly transferred to my bank account).

Problem is, the cheque has my first name and the initial of my surname. But my bank account is FIRST NAME (full) SURNAME (full).

The cheque also mentions my bank account number.

If I deposit the cheque to my account, will the bank process it or will they ask to get a new cheque with my full surname? If so, how do I return the cheque? Thank you!
Old 15th September 2016, 23:50   #1025
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Just received my income tax refund in the form of an SBI Cheque (last year, it was directly transferred to my bank account).
Problem is, the cheque has my first name and the initial of my surname. But my bank account is FIRST NAME (full) SURNAME (full).
If I deposit the cheque to my account, will the bank process it or will they ask to get a new cheque with my full surname? If so, how do I return the cheque? Thank you!
Hi ashwinsid,
It won't be an issue, if you deposit it in the same SBI branch where you have the account. As the account number is there, the money will be credited.

Regards,
The Rationalist.
Old 16th September 2016, 00:06   #1026
Senior - BHPian

No issues at all. Regardless of the name specified the account number is what is considered so if that is right, minor variations like first name initial instead of first name last name should be ignored.

So even if your Sbi branch is far away the nearest one should be able to accommodate you.

In future please include bank account details on the form itself so they can do a neft transfer
Old 16th September 2016, 00:23   #1027
BHPian

@The Rationalist, @hserus, Thank you! Will deposit the cheque. However, my account is with Corporation Bank. The refund this time was sent by SBI cheque even though my account details etc were shared just like last year. Will update incase of any issues. Thanks again!
Old 16th September 2016, 06:53   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
@The Rationalist, @hserus, Thank you! Will deposit the cheque. However, my account is with Corporation Bank. The refund this time was sent by SBI cheque even though my account details etc were shared just like last year. Will update incase of any issues. Thanks again!
Please check if the IFSC code for your branch was specified correctly. NEFT may have failed due to that reason.

Doesn't matter re inter bank transfer - it simply means that instead of an immediate credit as it would have been with an SBI account and SBI cheque, their cheque will take 2..3 days to clear.
Old 19th September 2016, 18:18   #1029
BHPian

Posting a query on behalf of a friend:

He was UK in 2012-13, whatever he saved there was directly transferred to his Indian bank account. He still has that money in form of FDs ( some lakhs).
Now after seeing TV advertisements on "disclosing undisclosed income", he is worried that was he ever supposed to disclose his onsite earnings to Indian Income Tax department.
Old 19th September 2016, 18:22   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Posting a query on behalf of a friend:

He was UK in 2012-13, whatever he saved there was directly transferred to his Indian bank account. He still has that money in form of FDs ( some lakhs).
Now after seeing TV advertisements on "disclosing undisclosed income", he is worried that was he ever supposed to disclose his onsite earnings to Indian Income Tax department.
He was surely taxed on that UK income and has surely paid tax on the FD interest right? As his pan is linked the income tax authorities know all about it

And did he or did he not claim double taxation benefits for the transferred amount?

For this case it is best to ask a CA instead of asking on the group - his previous returns need to be scrutinized before any informed comment can be made on this subect and I wouldn't advise you to post tax returns here.
Old 19th September 2016, 22:05   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
For this case it is best to ask a CA instead of asking on the group - his previous returns need to be scrutinized before any informed comment can be made on this subect and I wouldn't advise you to post tax returns here.
He got no freaking idea about double taxation. Have asked him to speak to CA.

On FDs interest, he did mention those in ITRs.
Old 25th September 2016, 12:02   #1032
Senior - BHPian

I got this "Certificate of Appreciation" from the Ministry of Finance, CBDT, classifying me in the Bronze category for paying my taxes and filing my returns This is something new which has started from this year.

http://incometaxindia.gov.in/Lists/P...19-09-2016.pdf

Last edited by hrman : 25th September 2016 at 12:05.
Old 25th September 2016, 12:09   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I got this "Certificate of Appreciation" from the Ministry of Finance, CBDT, classifying me in the Bronze category for paying my taxes and filing my returns This is something new which has started from this year.

http://incometaxindia.gov.in/Lists/P...19-09-2016.pdf
I got one such email too with instructions on what sort of paper to use and to use a colour laser printer to print out the certificate.

I don't have one. But I suppose I could bill the IT dept for the cost of buying a Color laser printer?
Old 25th September 2016, 15:05   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

What they should do...

"Thank you for filing your returns and paying your taxes on time. Please use the enclosed voucher for a 50% discount on your taxes next year..."

Oh well, I can dream I suppose.

Which reminds me, I have still not sent my UK tax return, and if they do not get it by 31st October, I get automatic GBP100 (about Rs.9,000) fine.
Old 26th September 2016, 10:01   #1035
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised that I got a repeat of the demand for ₹186 from 2014 which I had paid over a month ago. I guess this is some clerical error.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks