Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 11:44   #1531
Senior - BHPian

bj, awesome pics of your black safari, loved the fourth and fifth pictures.Also to say black looks very elegant and well maintained.
Happywheels@ wow thats what you call the best way to utilise your beast, plough your own road and you exactly did that, cool pics speciallythe first one of your wheels.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:13   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Too many sixes!!!

I'm a little superstitious about too many sixes (remember The Omen!!) but couldn't avoid this odometer reading! On the expressway this morning......
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-picture-025.jpg
Old 26th August 2009, 12:13   #1533
Senior - BHPian

THE KING -

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-dsc02635.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-dsc02658.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-dsc02661.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-dsc02663.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-dsc02657.jpg

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-dsc02660.jpg

Last edited by gowda79 : 26th August 2009 at 12:20.
Old 26th August 2009, 13:02   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Recent drive out of town to get some respite from flu hullabaloo
Great pics. The beast looks its best in black.
Did u engage the 4X4? Im planning to go to Puri Beach this weekend. hope to engage 4x4 for the first time. Would appreciate some tips on driving on the beach.
Old 26th August 2009, 13:53   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
... hope to engage 4x4 for the first time. Would appreciate some tips on driving on the beach.
It is about time you did that, Sid!

Driving tips on beach, from me would be, do not get too close to the water and even if you did, do not try to stop there and appreciate the way the receding water sinks the vehicle. Keep your distance.

Apart from that, enjoy!

Unless it is a sandy one, I reckon 4H would do fine. (All this coming from a guy who has just done his first 4x4 self drive!!! <Grin> )
Old 27th August 2009, 14:09   #1536
Senior - BHPian

gowda, wow the KING looks best in those pictures, making its presence felt.Nothing beats safari even in this years and with that colour, wow.
Old 27th August 2009, 14:21   #1537
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Gowdre...superb pics ! What lights are those and how much did you pay for them ? Btw...the lights are a little off centre ?
Old 27th August 2009, 14:54   #1538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
gowda, wow the KING looks best in those pictures, making its presence felt.Nothing beats safari even in this years and with that colour, wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Gowdre...superb pics ! What lights are those and how much did you pay for them ? Btw...the lights are a little off centre ?
Thanks guys.

Those are Hella Rallye 3000 and they are yellow fog lamps it was done laste year in February and forgotte about the price

They look off centre as the picture is not taken from the straight position, the picture will below will show that they are centered properly -

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-dsc02633.jpg
Old 27th August 2009, 15:41   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Thanks guys.

Those are Hella Rallye 3000 and they are yellow fog lamps it was done laste year in February and forgotte about the price

They look off centre as the picture is not taken from the straight position, the picture will below will show that they are centered properly -

Attachment 180885
Great pic Gowda. But now the crash guard looks a bit crooked. Looks like its tilting downwards towards the right of the vehicle i.e downwards towards 'KA' in your number plate and upwards towards '67' on ur number plate. Can't this be fixed.
Im in two minds about getting a similar one fixed on my beast.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:24   #1540
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Attachment 180885
No they don't. Someone has done a shoddy job of it and even the wires are exposed. Seems your nudge bar a has taken some kind of impact...looks crooked. I've highlighted what I'm talking about. Notice the gaps and lines:
Attached Thumbnails
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-dsc02633.jpg  

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-dsc02661.jpg  

Old 27th August 2009, 16:38   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Could stop myself saying this but whenever I see a Safari, its like a huge oppurtunity lost for Tata. Its such a nice car and would have been a major major success if Tata were serious about quality. Such a shame that a car that looks this good even after more than 10 years in existence hasnt got the success that it always deserved and still does.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:54   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No they don't. Someone has done a shoddy job of it and even the wires are exposed. Seems your nudge bar a has taken some kind of impact...looks crooked. I've highlighted what I'm talking about. Notice the gaps and lines:
I agree with you, now tell me do you want the Tata Logo to be centered or the bullguard to be centered, i hv centered the tata logo.

Everything cannot be done perfectly and the vehicle is parked slantly as the parking lot was not flat.

The bullguard has got its beating a lot due to the potholes on our Highways and it is time for me to change it.

Coming to the wiring, tell me how you would have done on your Scorpio if you would have done it, the wiring is done in that way on most of the vehicles. There is no way until you drill a hole in the bumper and push the wires through that hole.

Last edited by gowda79 : 27th August 2009 at 17:11.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:39   #1543
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with you, now tell me do you want the Tata Logo to be centered or the bullguard to be centered, i hv centered the tata logo.

Everything cannot be done perfectly and the vehicle is parked slantly as the parking lot was not flat.

The bullguard has got its beating a lot due to the potholes on our Highways and it is time for me to change it.

Coming to the wiring, tell me how you would have done on your Scorpio if you would have done it, the wiring is done in that way on most of the vehicles. There is no way until you drill a hole in the bumper and push the wires through that hole.
Ok agreed about the wiring, but it can be hidden better. But I think there's some serious alignment issue with your nudge bar. When installed, shouldn't the tata logo be centered by default ?? AFAIK, there's no lateral adjustment to this nudge bar.

Btw...is that a carryboy ? I have a carryboy I hope it doesn't go out of shape just with bad roads and potholes !

Last edited by NIP : 27th August 2009 at 17:42.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:47   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... But I think there's some serious alignment issue with your nudge bar. When installed, shouldn't the tata logo be centered by default ?? AFAIK, there's no lateral adjustment to this nudge bar.

Btw...is that a carryboy ? I have a carryboy I hope it doesn't go out of shape just with bad roads and potholes !
Blame the well placed and seriously large pot hole that Gowda's Safari met on his recent drive (was that the Kanyakumari drive?).

The bull-guard has taken a good beating (the lower part rubber, or whatever material it is, has come out; I had taken a look at it when we met). And it is due to the bull-guard, he is still having the front bumper in one piece!
Old 27th August 2009, 17:57   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Blame the well placed and seriously large pot hole that Gowda's Safari met on his recent drive (was that the Kanyakumari drive?).
It was the Hampi route on my way to Illkal, the most known highway for bad roads and bad lights.

This incident happened in the midnight around 1am and we were only 4people in the vehicle and on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
The bull-guard has taken a good beating (the lower part rubber, or whatever material it is, has come out; I had taken a look at it when we met). And it is due to the bull-guard, he is still having the front bumper in one piece!
It saved my driving career , if anything had happened in that incident i would have never been not able to touch any vehicle in my life .

The bullguard saved everything and took lot of beating and needs a replacement.

Last edited by gowda79 : 27th August 2009 at 17:59.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks