Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:13   #1546
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,160
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

LOL ! Good one manson !!
NIP is offline  
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:24   #1547
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,195
Thanked: 2,695 Times
Default

lol... nice one manson. something similar from my side too:
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-07052009757.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-07052009760.jpg  

raj_5004 is offline  
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:11   #1548
Senior - BHPian
 
agbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: TN38
Posts: 1,021
Thanked: 166 Times
Default

All Scorpio owners: Which is one nagging issue you face with your monster or which thing you do not like in yours, or which section you like to have it in another/better way?
agbenny is offline  
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:31   #1549
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,195
Thanked: 2,695 Times
Default

@ agbenny: I need a better suspension.
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:53   #1550
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,160
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Good one Raj ! Ultility of the Scorpio to the max !!
NIP is offline  
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:20   #1551
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,160
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Guys I desperately want to change my front grill into something like this. A frame with mesh. How do I do this and where in Bangalore can I get it done !?
Attached Images
 
NIP is offline  
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:16   #1552
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,341
Thanked: 820 Times
Default

nibi here's what you can do

1 - Call up Mallik and chew his brains . He should be able to get it done if you can source a spare front grill which can be cut.

2 - Find a fabricator and get him to fabricate the existing front grill's outer frame. Once done you need to find some thick mesh. This shouldn't be difficult am pretty sure its available in bangy.

Once you have achieved this , get it painted as per your needs. Its pretty straight forward and more of a DIY if you have the tools,time and patience.
rjstyles69 is offline  
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:23   #1553
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9,029
Thanked: 6,922 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
1 - Call up Mallik and chew his brains . He should be able to get it done if you can source a spare front grill which can be cut.
I saw spare grills for the Scorpio for sale while roaming around JC Road, so it should be easy to source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Once you have achieved this , get it painted as per your needs. Its pretty straight forward and more of a DIY if you have the tools,time and patience.
I echo the same sentiments.
benbsb29 is offline  
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:25   #1554
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 1,585
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

Hi Nip, everytime I see your bull bar it makes me jealous .

The photoshopped grill looks real amazing and goes well with the colour of your vehicle.

Wondernomad has something similar, I think he got it from Delhi

Wondernomad, Apologies for putting up the pic with out your permission .


Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Guys I desperately want to change my front grill into something like this. A frame with mesh. How do I do this and where in Bangalore can I get it done !?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (162.6 KB, 331 views)
m_upreti is offline  
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:21   #1555
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,160
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
nibi here's what you can do

1 - Call up Mallik and chew his brains . He should be able to get it done if you can source a spare front grill which can be cut.

2 - Find a fabricator and get him to fabricate the existing front grill's outer frame. Once done you need to find some thick mesh. This shouldn't be difficult am pretty sure its available in bangy.

Once you have achieved this , get it painted as per your needs. Its pretty straight forward and more of a DIY if you have the tools,time and patience.
thanks rjstyles. btw..its nidhi and why didnt I think of Mallik !? I'll get him in the weekend !! I'm not much of a DIY guy so i'll try and get one made..

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I saw spare grills for the Scorpio for sale while roaming around JC Road, so it should be easy to source.

I echo the same sentiments.
Yea I think sourcing a grill wont be hard...only I need a decent fabricator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi Nip, everytime I see your bull bar it makes me jealous .

The photoshopped grill looks real amazing and goes well with the colour of your vehicle.

Wondernomad has something similar, I think he got it from Delhi

Wondernomad, Apologies for putting up the pic with out your permission .
Yea I got this idea after seeing Wanderernomad's Scorpio. But he's in Dehli and thats not going to help much...
NIP is offline  
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:57   #1556
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 967
Thanked: 240 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Guys I desperately want to change my front grill into something like this. A frame with mesh. How do I do this and where in Bangalore can I get it done !?
Also see what KITUP (of Coimbatore) can do.
KitUp! Automotive

-- Torqy
Torqy is offline  
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:37   #1557
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,160
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Torqy !! Exactly what I need man ! Thanks for the link...I was in Coimbatore just a couple of weeks back and maybe I could have picked a ready grill from these guys Will write to them and check if they can ship. Here's some stuff they've done. I'd love that grill in all black !!
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-scorpiogrills1of1.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-scorpiogrillsspoiler1of2.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-scorpiogrills21of1.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-scorpiogrillsinteriors2of5.jpg  

NIP is offline  
Old 24th July 2009, 19:13   #1558
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,160
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Guys some amazing development ! Check this out:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/int-l-...ml#post1400025
NIP is offline  
Old 24th July 2009, 23:41   #1559
superveloce
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Mahindra Scorpio 2.6 crde SLX
Acquired: Apr 07
Stolen: Oct 08

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc01437.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc01176.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc01140.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc00890.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc01202.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc00843.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc00705.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc00935.jpg

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-dsc01441.jpg
 
Old 25th July 2009, 08:08   #1560
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,095
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
Mahindra Scorpio 2.6 crde SLX
Acquired: Apr 07
Stolen: Oct 08
Sorry to hear that, mate!
How much insurance settlement did you get?

Those are beautiful pics there! ... just when you had truly started enjoying your car!

It would be helpful to hear the story about how & when your car was stolen.
anupmathur is offline  
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks