Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 12:55   #1741
BHPian

lovely car Scorpwarp. I am sure I speak for a lot of us here when I request you to take a proper picture of the instrument console (with digi cam) so all of us can ooh and aah over your car. And some pictures of the interior too please.

Each car is different, though they may be mass manufacturing them. Especially in your case the instrument console may not be the only difference and it should make a fun game of spot the differences for our experts here.

Last edited by Takumi-san : 30th September 2009 at 12:56.
Old 30th September 2009, 22:31   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
lovely car Scorpwarp. I am sure I speak for a lot of us here when I request you to take a proper picture of the instrument console (with digi cam) so all of us can ooh and aah over your car. And some pictures of the interior too please.

Each car is different, though they may be mass manufacturing them. Especially in your case the instrument console may not be the only difference and it should make a fun game of spot the differences for our experts here.
Thanks Takumi-san.
The car is going to workshop tomorrow :-( to fix the tryre tronics and cabin light which does not work. I wanted everything fixed before the long weekend. So I will definitely take more pictures of the console and post it day after tomorrow. Not sure what else has changed, as you said - the experts may spot more changes.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:24   #1743
BHPian

hehe i will be buying a 4x4 scorpio probably early next year after i return from singapore. it has a 2 month waiting. unfortunately i am yet to come across a salesman in mahindra or tata who understands the reason we fools (to them) want to spend money on a 4x4 because the engine is so powerful you dont need a 4x4 =)

oh and scorp wrap it does look pretty nice

edit: i think you are really in love with the scorp can see your excitement with the number of snaps

Last edited by Off Roadie : 1st October 2009 at 16:28.
Old 1st October 2009, 20:22   #1744
BHPian

If the 4 X 4 scorpio sells less, i wonder if the service guys would be trained enough to take care of its problems.?
Old 1st October 2009, 21:23   #1745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
If the 4 X 4 scorpio sells less, i wonder if the service guys would be trained enough to take care of its problems.?
That's not typically what 4WD buyers worry about!!
Old 3rd October 2009, 02:37   #1746
Senior - BHPian

Hi Scorpwrap,

Good pics, i too like the new speedo console. M&M will never stop enthusing me with these constant upgrades which used to make me feel that I am left with an old model. However, after seeing the newer versions, I now feel that my 2.6 Crde SLX was looking more like the way I wanted my SUV to look rather than my current mHawk VLX
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:04   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Scorpwrap,

Good pics, i too like the new speedo console. M&M will never stop enthusing me with these constant upgrades which used to make me feel that I am left with an old model. However, after seeing the newer versions, I now feel that my 2.6 Crde SLX was looking more like the way I wanted my SUV to look rather than my current mHawk VLX
Completely agree with you Surya, feels even worse when you buy a "refreshed" model, and they tinker with the refreshed model in a few months of it being released.
Not sure what else has changed apart from central console :(
Would like to think that the new console looks bad :(
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:47   #1748
Senior - BHPian

The only good thing about the new models is that the cladding is smooth, without those difficult to clean grooves. But they've gone and embossed Scorpio across it in large letters which will be more difficult to clean than the old grooves!

And how I hate the 'tooth' on the front grille!
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:26   #1749
BHPian

dear sir,
do you not realize that the tooth will help us dig our way out of problem situations when off road
i will say that it looks a little odd on a boler but is ok on the scorpio
Old 4th October 2009, 07:45   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Anupji,

Yes, the walrus inspired tooth on the front grille looks really bad. Whenever I travel to US(as currently I am) I feel so bad about the cars we drive in India. We can atleast learn and do a thorough design job for the cars we make in India.My 2 cents!
Old 5th October 2009, 11:55   #1751
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the nice compliments guys Here are a few pics from my estate last week:

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100412.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100414.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100416.jpg

And here are a few pics from the weekend trip to Coorg. Actually I was there all week Really did some crazy off-road drives, but unfortunately had no one to shoot from outside at the time:

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100443.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100569.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100597.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100627.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100629.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100652.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100680.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100681.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100684.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100693.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-p1100694.jpg

Last edited by NIP : 5th October 2009 at 12:12.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:01   #1752
Team-BHP Support

NIP, i really love those pics of your Scorp. The first gen looks really well balanced in design.

P.S. : Would it be possible for you to align the pics in Edit mode, so they fall one below the other? Current one needs to navigate sideways to view the pics.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:04   #1753
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

good pics of that scorp with muddy tyres!
you appear to have a similar front bull bar as I have - is yours also from the Carryboy brand?
cheers

[quote=NIP;1514731]Thanks for the nice compliments guys Here are a few pics from my estate last week:
And here are a few pics from the weekend trip to Coorg. Actually I was there all week Really did some crazy off-road drives, but unfortunately had no one to shoot from outside at the time:
Old 5th October 2009, 12:14   #1754
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
NIP, i really love those pics of your Scorp. The first gen looks really well balanced in design.

P.S. : Would it be possible for you to align the pics in Edit mode, so they fall one below the other? Current one needs to navigate sideways to view the pics.
Thanks for the compliments benbsb29. Also, I think i managed to re-align the pics now.

[quote=shankar.balan;1514748]good pics of that scorp with muddy tyres!
you appear to have a similar front bull bar as I have - is yours also from the Carryboy brand?
cheers

Thanks Shankar and yes, its a Carryboy bull bar.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:56   #1755
Senior - BHPian

Delightful pics there, NIP!
I nearly leapt for joy and shouted, "Gimme Red"! That's truly red earth country!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed