Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2008, 23:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_dog_lover View Post
Thanks guys. But these pics are old. Now he's almost 10 months old and has grown cuter and cuter.

Have latest pics on my home computer. Will upload if you like.
i to have a black lab about 2 years his name is tubby

i will take some pics and upload them
Old 14th August 2008, 00:21   #32
BHPian

Dog wanted

Hi folks,

This TBHP forum is really good for a lot more than automobiles!

I am looking for a working dog. The job is for security guard at my farmhouse in New Delhi. It is a good life for a dog with 5 acres to run around, and all my pets have always been taken very well care of.

So if anyone knows of any big breed dog or pup like a doberman, sheperd, etc. up for adoption, please let me know.

Thanks,
Old 19th August 2008, 12:31   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
I know this is kinda off topic but I need some advise.
We have a 1 year old German Shepard and we are looking at getting another dog. Someone to play with Pepper (our German Shepard), but at the same time, some breed which isn't too big either.
Any suggestions? Labs and Cocker Spaniels are out as they aren't one of the most energetic.
Also, at this age, would it be a good idea to get another dog? and how do we make the new dog and Pepper friends?
Here's a pic of Pepper if it helps. It was taken when he was 5 months old. He's bigger and huger now.
Attached Thumbnails
Dogs For Adoption-pepper.jpg  

lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2008, 00:04   #34
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Shankar i wish u were in delhi
Old 20th August 2008, 01:12   #35
BHPian

Hi Guys. Meet my new family member "BRANDY". He is a 46 days old cocker Spaniel and we got him on Last saturday. He loves the company of my Lab. Also meet "CASPER" my 1 year 3 months old Lab. He is hyper active and loves being among people. He thinks that he is a one among us. I am also getting a English Bulldog puppy tomorrow. Will post the snaps in a day or two.
Attached Thumbnails
Dogs For Adoption-image911.jpg  

Dogs For Adoption-cocker-3.jpg  

Dogs For Adoption-cocker-male-puppy.jpg  

Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2008, 12:10   #36
BHPian

Hi Torque,

Brandy and Casper are just too lovely. Great feeling to know that we T-BHPians are more than just motorheads. Congratulations on the new bundles of joy!!
Old 20th August 2008, 13:07   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

unfortunately delhi/ gurgaon are not the best cities to bring up pets - on account of the extreme weather - winter most dogs would love. Summer is difficult on them - my two alsatians and one labrador will definitely not be pleased!
nor i think will the little babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Shankar i wish u were in delhi
Old 20th August 2008, 14:11   #38
BHPian

a good thread..
i agree with St. Anger, when we want to adopt, now a days atleast what I have seen from most of the houses where they have pets, most of them tend to be FRIENDLY...unless they are trained to be aggressive...
i adopted a 6yrs old English Mastiff...and when she came in, was very afraid of everything and never used to come to anybody even when you offer food..this was because of being in a many different homes...
now, she is so playful that you will get exhausted playing with her...
i also have another Stray and Dalmaton (brown patches)..
and a few strays near my house whom I feed....i can't get anymore, otherwise i will be thrown out...

It does'nt take much to feed a dog on the street and take care, please feed them even though you can't take them into your house..in that way they will always stay close to your house and since they have food they don't go out in search of food and create trouble for others...

also, if a dog is sterilized, their aggression comes down to a large extent..

to all who want to buy pups, please don't get them from any breeder...i have seen a lot of them who just breed them in very bad conditions with main intention to make money, the breeding dogs are treated as machines to breed pups and mint money...
please buy from proper breeders...

before getting a dog, please visit CUPA once...may be there is someone waiting for you to adopt and you fall in love with him

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd August 2008 at 10:52.
babureddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2008, 16:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
We have a 1 year old German Shepard and we are looking at getting another dog. Someone to play with Pepper (our German Shepard), but at the same time, some breed which isn't too big either.
Also, at this age, would it be a good idea to get another dog? and how do we make the new dog and Pepper friends?
Alsations or GSDs make the best of friends, unfortunately with humans and only one person in the family. They would, if provoked, not think twice about attacking the other members leave alone other dogs.

I have had GSDs all my life. They are one of the most intelligent of breeds.
Getting a friend for your dog at this time in his life is not recommended. If it were the other way round then the situation would be different.

The GSD is now big and powerful and considers himself as the alpha dog of your house.
Any new entrant will be considered as enemy and eventually will trigger an attack. If the playmate is a smaller breed (as you would like) then the guys in trouble.

I would suggest you drop the idea of another dog and just shower all your love on Pepper. GSDs are very demanding and loving and until you can handle the responsibility of another dog, dont get one.

Now on the other hand if you had another older dog and wanted to get another GSD as a playmate their bonding would be on another level as the GSD is not fully mature and learns to share his territory with the other older dog

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2008 at 16:45. Reason: Removing quote post that has been deleted
Old 20th August 2008, 17:20   #40
BANNED

i love the Alsatian breed
Intelligent, Active, Fiercely Loyal, they are the best companions a man can have. I ve had them as pets all my life and I hope I continue to do so.
Attaching pics of Wolf the father, 5 years old, Cassie the mother, 18 months old and the babies - now about 40 days old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Alsations or GSDs make the best of friends, unfortunately with humans and only one person in the family. They would, if provoked, not think twice about attacking the other members leave alone other dogs.

I have had GSDs all my life. They are one of the most intelligent of breeds.
Getting a friend for your dog at this time in his life is not recommended. If it were the other way round then the situation would be different.

The GSD is now big and powerful and considers himself as the alpha dog of your house.
Any new entrant will be considered as enemy and eventually will trigger an attack. If the playmate is a smaller breed (as you would like) then the guys in trouble.

I would suggest you drop the idea of another dog and just shower all your love on Pepper. GSDs are very demanding and loving and until you can handle the responsibility of another dog, dont get one.

Now on the other hand if you had another older dog and wanted to get another GSD as a playmate their bonding would be on another level as the GSD is not fully mature and learns to share his territory with the other older dog

Shankar, you have Mail!!
Attached Thumbnails
Dogs For Adoption-wolfie.jpg  

Dogs For Adoption-cassie1.jpg  

Dogs For Adoption-babies.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 20th August 2008 at 17:33.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2008, 17:25   #41
BANNED

I agree completely with this. I ve seen the poor dams (mother dogs) kept in abominable conditions at these blasted so-called breeders places. Very very sad.
And CUPA is amazing. I got my dog Daisy from there - she was abandoned by her owner at the age of 4 months (purebred labrador)- poor child. I took her from Cupa in 2005 and am glad to say she is having a happy peaceful life with us. Here is a pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
to all who want to buy pups, please don't get them from any breeder...i have seen a lot of them who just breed them in very bad conditions with main intention to make money, the breeding dogs are treated as machines to breed pups and mint money...
please buy from proper breeders...

before getting a dog, please visit CUPA once...may be there is someone waiting for you to adopt and you fall in love with him
Attached Thumbnails
Dogs For Adoption-image203.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2008, 17:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Any dog adoption center in Delhi???
Old 20th August 2008, 18:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

@shankar.balan You got beautiful dogs there. Was on the lookout for a German shepperd. Wil let you know as the latest info from my brother was that parents was objecting for the 3rd pet. The pups look lovely too
Old 20th August 2008, 19:12   #44
BANNED

most dogs if treated well and with respect are good natured creatures.
I frankly prefer dogs to human beings - they can teach us a thing or two about decency, gentlemanliness, chivalry, gratitude and affection...
just think - dog backwards is god. I love them. They are god's pleasantest creatures on this earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
a good thread..
i agree with St. Anger, when we want to adopt, now a days atleast what I have seen from most of the houses where they have pets, most of them tend to be FRIENDLY...unless they are trained to be aggressive...
i adopted a 6yrs old English Mastiff...and when she came in, was very afraid of everything and never used to come to anybody even when you offer food..this was because of being in a many different homes...
now, she is so playful that you will get exhausted playing with her...
i also have another Stray and Dalmaton (brown patches)..
and a few strays near my house whom I feed....i can't get anymore, otherwise i will be thrown out...

It does'nt take much to feed a dog on the street and take care, please feed them even though you can't take them into your house..in that way they will always stay close to your house and since they have food they don't go out in search of food and create trouble for others...

also, if a dog is sterilized, their aggression comes down to a large extent..
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2008, 21:04   #45
BHPian

It’s nice to see people out here who love and respect animals.

If you find any dog out there needing a home, please consider me. I am open for adoption (any breed of dog that needs a home).

My furbaby who’s a yellow lab stayed with me for 1 and a half year. Then I took him to my parents (bigger) home once and he loved the open space and the garden area. He was with them for continuous 3 months and got used to running in the grass and playing with my parents who used to be at home all day to pamper him. After I got him back in my current accommodation (that does not have any lawn or garden area) he was not too happy. So I decided to let him be happy and with my parents only – after all even your kids leave you one day and go away.

The result is – his empty space in my home/life makes me sad.
Let me know if you come across a pet who wants a home (NCR Region).
girlieonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks