Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 13:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Would recommend Axis Bank or Kotak. Employees are very responsive, systems are robust, more importantly, there is'nt too much of rush in their branches. Citibank is good for salary accounts with the number of features, however their charges are high. For Suvidha account holders, they levy a charge if you need to visit the bank branch. ICICI has got an excellent online banking platform, but they've grown too big, so customer service can be an issue at times, there is a massive rush at their branches and I have had to wait for over 30 mins at times. Dont have much of an experience with the PSU banks, except Bank of Baroda, and dont use online banking there, so no idea of how that works, but their branch banking has improved tremendously. Some of these PSU banks are doing an amazing job and will give you much better service, plus they are safer than private banks.
Old 16th July 2008, 13:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
For Suvidha account holders, they levy a charge if you need to visit the bank branch.

I visited the branch last Saturday. No charge has been deducted from my account yet.
Old 16th July 2008, 13:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

I visited the branch last Saturday. No charge has been deducted from my account yet.
You're a lucky man. I have a Suvidha salary account, and there was an occasion when I needed to deposit some cash in my account, so visited the branch to deposit the same over the counter. Was levied a charge of Rs.100/-
Old 16th July 2008, 15:40   #49
BHPian

Quote:

Probably, you need to wait for sometime for the debit to show up in your account. It does happen with my collegues in Bangalore.
Old 16th July 2008, 15:44   #50
BHPian

Suvidha salary account charges are highly dependent upon the agreement between the employer and Citibank. For me almost every service is free including DD, usage of other bank ATMs (in fact I've not been to a Citibank ATM for years), platinum credit card etc.
Old 16th July 2008, 15:49   #51
Team-BHP Support

Citibank are true crooks. Have one to many bad experiences with them, so I never do any business with them or any division of theirs.
So be careful and read the fine print very carefully if you want to tread there
Old 16th July 2008, 15:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Citibank are true crooks. Have one to many bad experiences with them, so I never do any business with them or any division of theirs.
So be careful and read the fine print very carefully if you want to tread there
I was thinking of getting a VISA based credit card from Citibank, since i already have a Mastercard (ICICI).
Should i refrain?
Old 16th July 2008, 16:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

You can go ahead I have been using their CC for the last 7 odd years & faced no or little issues.
Old 16th July 2008, 16:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking of getting a VISA based credit card from Citibank, since i already have a Mastercard (ICICI).
Should i refrain?
Even I am using a citibank CC for several years, not faced much of a problem. The only issue which might arise are the late payment charges which they might levy even if you are late by a day or so, but talk to their helpline and they will reverse it very easily.
Old 16th July 2008, 16:47   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Should i refrain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
You can go ahead I have been using their CC for the last 7 odd years & faced no or little issues.
See different people/different viewpoints.
I used to have a citibank "free" credit card and they tried to defraud me by adding insurance etc., without my consent. Add to that DD losing incident.
Of course you will find many happy customers too. Just because I had bad experience with them will not deter them, since for them the bank is good
Old 16th July 2008, 16:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should i refrain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Suvidha salary account charges are highly dependent upon the agreement between the employer and Citibank. For me almost every service is free including DD, usage of other bank ATMs (in fact I've not been to a Citibank ATM for years), platinum credit card etc.
No DCEite - I've been using the Citibank Salary account as well as Citibank credit cards for many years now, and its been quite a decent experience so far. I can withdraw money from any banks ATM for free. Phone banking and Net banking is a breeze. CC's are accepted everywhere, and they are quite efficent at deducting the amounts directly from my salary account, so no issues there. But, and this is true for all banks, you need to keep a watch on the bills. They have tried to levy extra charges for insurance, annual fees etc... in the past, and usually reverse it when you call to complain. So, keep a keen eye on the statements for any unusual charges, and you should be fine. IF theres one thing I've learnt, its that you cannot blindly trust any bank these days. But yes, their services are definitely upto the mark in other areas.

Appuchan, I agree with you that it depends on the agreement between Citibank and the company. In my case, I got a lot of freebies too, but it did not include bank visits being free. For ATMs its free, but to actually transact at the bank, I had to pay Rs.100/-
Old 16th July 2008, 18:41   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Citibank are true crooks.
I had a salary (Suvidha) account with Citi. For some reason my employer changed salary A/c from Citi to Axis bank. I wanted to close the Citibank A/c and I called Citibank customer support. But the executive advised me not to close the account as I have to only maintain a minimum balance of 500/- because I also hold a Citibank credit card. At that time I had a balance of some 2800 in the account.

Then life became very busy, and I have to blame myself for this, I totally forgot about this citibank account. After some 8 months, I bumped across one citibank ATM, and I wanted to check my account. When I swiped my debit card, I was shocked to see the balance come down to Rs 1200 !. When I call customer support, the executive tells me that they have debited Rs. 200/- every month from my A/c for not maintaining minimum balance which is Rs. 5000.

Guys, I had to fight with them day in and day out for the next 3 months to get my money back. Needless to say that I closed the account immediately. After that, as a mark of protest, I also cancelled the credit card.

Now, since last 3 years, I have resigned from my job and still continuing with my Axis bank account. I have also linked this A/c to my Sharekhan trading account and I am very happy with Axis bank.
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Got this as a mail forward. Is this actual ?
-----------------------------------------------

Now ICICI NET BANKING has provided new facility
Here are the steps how to withdraw money without Using debit card.
Min. Requirements.
------------------
1) You Should have Net banking Transfer facility,
2) Your Mobile should be configured to This Account.
Steps to Withdraw:
1) Log on to Your internet banking.
2) You can see a option on the left side as smsNcash new Option under the Funds Transfer.
3) click on smsNcash Option.
4) It will ask you to Enter the Mobile number of The person who is collecting money from ATM.
Lets Say your friend.

(i) Enter Your Friend Mobile number.
(ii) Amount how much you want to give your friend.
(iii)Both Of you will get Msg from ICICI immdtly You will get 4 digit screat Code,
And your friend will get 6 digit secreat Code.
(iv) Make a call to your friend and give 4 digit Secreat code which you received.

Then Your friend need to walk in ATM (ICICI).

Here by default now ICICI ATM s are showing Home page as smsNCash.

Follow the steps .

It will ask your friend to Give his mobile number.
And 6 digit Secreat code which he received from ICICI bank.
and 4 digit Secreat code which he reveived from You.

ATM will give you the Amount which you Transffered to that Mobile no.

Advantage
:
Your Friend can withdraw money though he dont have any accounts with ICICI.

Note
: This facilities are chargable. Min of 10/- And Max of 20/- Based on Txn.
Limitations
: One Mobile Number you can transfer Max. 10,000/- Per day.
You can Transfer to Multiple Mobile Numbers Max.25,000/- per day.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 2nd September 2008 at 18:22.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:57   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Min. Requirements.
------------------
1) You Should have Net banking Transfer facility,
2) Your Mobile should be configured to This Account.
Steps to Withdraw:
1) Log on to Your internet banking.
2) You can see a option on the left side as smsNcash new Option under the Funds Transfer.
3) click on smsNcash Option.
4) It will ask you to Enter the Mobile number of The person who is collecting money from ATM.
Lets Say your friend.

(i) Enter Your Friend Mobile number.
(ii) Amount how much you want to give your friend.
(iii)Both Of you will get Msg from ICICI immdtly You will get 4 digit screat Code,
And your friend will get 6 digit secreat Code.
(iv) Make a call to your friend and give 4 digit Secreat code which you received.

Then Your friend need to walk in ATM (ICICI).

Here by default now ICICI ATM s are showing Home page as smsNCash.

Follow the steps .

It will ask your friend to Give his mobile number.
And 6 digit Secreat code which he received from ICICI bank.
and 4 digit Secreat code which he reveived from You.

ATM will give you the Amount which you Transffered to that Mobile no.

Advantage:
Your Friend can withdraw money though he dont have any accounts with ICICI.

Note : This facilities are chargable. Min of 10/- And Max of 20/- Based on Txn.
Limitations : One Mobile Number you can transfer Max. 10,000/- Per day.
You can Transfer to Multiple Mobile Numbers Max.25,000/- per day.

NC,

If you have just "cut/pasted" the above message, then i would be very very cautious. Lots of incidents of "phishing" nowadays whereby the website seems to be of the bank, but is just a conduit to get sensitive information.

Reason i am asking if it is cut/paste is because the message itself has many grammatical and spelling mistakes, which a bank like ICICI would never allow to go out to customers. eg. look at the "secret" spelling.
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:22   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Yes, ICICI has started this "smsNcash" service.

ICICI Bank smsNcash Service- Withdraw Cash without ATM Cards, Mobile Banking, Internet Banking

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks