Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How often do you think you need to wash your car ?
Once a week 96 48.24%
Once in a month 34 17.09%
Once in 3 months 7 3.52%
Every Service (6 months) 6 3.02%
Never 1 0.50%
Daily 55 27.64%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2012, 13:53   #76
BHPian

Re: How often do you wash your car ?

I just dust my car daily with a duster and wash once a week or if it gets dirty due to rains etc.
Old 29th June 2012, 14:28   #77
BHPian

Pre 2012 - Once in a week - Washing, Waxing etc without fail

2012 - Once in two months - Newly married and wife has become priority now - Now washing, waxing etc the car is fail :(
Old 30th June 2012, 20:41   #78
Senior - BHPian

There are two types of washes that I give to my car in my lingo-

Let me explain-

Face Wash: meaning clean the wind shield, rear glass and door windows the day I take out the car.

IMO cleaning the windows makes it fresh looking at least from the inside view (hate dirty wind shields)

Body Wash: full car was only when it gets really dirty from the inside and outside.

Occasionally use the services of professional car wash clinics to get it spic and span
Old 30th June 2012, 20:49   #79
BHPian

I have my car washed daily except on Sunday (and except when the guy that does it takes an unscheduled break, which is usually once every week). This washing mostly includes "surface washing" to make the car "look good" (mirrors, windshield, body, tires etc) - but the guy rarely cleans the insides of the car that well, so I usually dust the interior myself. Not complaining though, for the money he does an OK job, plus it beats the hassle of lugging a bucket to the car every morning to wash it.

Every three months or so I'll take it in for a professional car wash - that means the car is cleaned thoroughly inside and out - including under the hood as well. The car gleams after it's been through one of those, but unfortunately Delhi conditions ensure that it doesn't last too long :( (perhaps a day or so at most).

When I lived abroad, I wouldn't clean my car daily - but that's pretty much because there wasn't that much dust/pollution in the countries I've been to (where I had a car). I used to take it to the car wash once, maybe twice a month, but that's about it.
Old 22nd September 2012, 16:38   #80
tud
BHPian

I also spend a good two hours with my Punto every Sunday. By Monday evening when I come back home, there will be no trace in the car to say how much it was pampered yesterday. I will want to wash it again through the week but something or the other would come up.
Having said that, a gentleman in my building washes his Brio every single day. And when he is out of the city, his wife does the job.
Old 23rd September 2012, 18:56   #81
BHPian

I don't wash my car. It gets washed and polished once a month by 'others'.

Hence voted for the option, Never.
Old 24th September 2012, 16:39   #82
BHPian

Nice thread.
Want to know how frequent you guys do the diesel wash? My neighbour told me once in a 3 months is necessary to keep the car underbody properly cleaned using Diesel spray wash.

Does diesel wash also prevent the rust formation on under chassis?
How do they lift a SUV/ UV like Scorpio or Bolero on that small 1.5 feet wide lift?
Old 28th September 2012, 15:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
I also spend a good two hours with my Punto every Sunday. By Monday evening when I come back home, there will be no trace in the car to say how much it was pampered yesterday. I will want to wash it again through the week but something or the other would come up.
Having said that, a gentleman in my building washes his Brio every single day. And when he is out of the city, his wife does the job.
His wife washes the car everyday when he is not in the city?
Old 7th November 2012, 12:52   #84
Senior - BHPian

The car washing has come down from from once a month to once in two months by self since use the dry dusting cloth to blow off the dust everyday.

It see the professional car wash once every three months to clean it inside out, spic and span.
Old 7th November 2012, 15:05   #85
Senior - BHPian

I wash mine once a week, for two reasons. The first being that I wash the car myself, single handedly, have been doing this for the last six years (since I bought my first car), and I do not get time on weekdays. Second reason being- I was advised by 3M that washing the car more than once a week, is actually harmful to the paint finishing, and other days a simple dusting would suffice. Though this means that during the latter half of the working week, the car is quite grimy. Starts shining again on Sunday morning
Old 7th November 2012, 15:48   #86
BHPian

Laziness got the bettr of me. It used to be once every week. And then once in 2 weeks. And then, once in a month.

The last wash was after 45 days. heheh.

But I do make it a point to vaccuum the carpets/seats, and treat the interior with some armor all once every 2 weeks at least.
Old 7th November 2012, 16:29   #87
BHPian

Both car's are washed daily in the morning, and in case of any 'bird issues' undergo a second wash.
Old 7th November 2012, 17:35   #88
BHPian

I wash the car every week, usually on Sunday, but sometimes miss a week if really busy.

Any clever BHPian in TVM who tracks the rain will realize that he can tell when I have washed the car, because it will unfailingly rain that Sunday evening.
Old 18th December 2012, 11:39   #89
BHPian

Guys,
How/ Where do you wash covers of your cars? Mine is very dirty now & by keeping it in boot has made inside dusty as well..
Old 18th December 2012, 15:08   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Guys,
How/ Where do you wash covers of your cars? Mine is very dirty now & by keeping it in boot has made inside dusty as well..

That can be quite a pain. I wash the car cover once a month. Simply soak it in soap water in a tub and rinse it next day. Drying on cloth line on the terrace.

I have kept a big bag inside the boot to store the car cover when its dirty. This helps keeping the boot clean.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks