Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2010, 21:01   #10531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Whoa guys, clevermax, shaju, pawan, v&v, hellwrath, crazydriver, pramod, jkdas, I was expecting to learn something from all of you!!! Isn't my pic even qualified to comment? Is it so worst? I know I did an overexposure on the second one, but still. Is it that bad? All of them?
Sorry for not commenting earlier aargee. I assume you were experimenting with long exposure night shots to capture the light trails etc. I think you got the technique right. Probably you need to compose them better, may be move a bit to avoid those distracting lines and all - it may require you to get out of the comfort zone you see

@Vikram: Second picture is really cool! Where did you shoot it?

@shaju: Nice shot of your li'l one.. It's a keeper for her to see in the future!

A misty valley - Surayanelli
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00445.jpg

Last edited by clevermax : 26th September 2010 at 21:06.
Old 26th September 2010, 21:08   #10532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Sorry for not commenting earlier aargee. I assume you were experimenting with long exposure night shots to capture the light trails etc. I think you got the technique right. Probably you need to compose them better, may be move a bit to avoid those distracting lines and all - it may require you to get out of the comfort zone you see

@Vikram: Second picture is really cool! Where did you shoot it?

@shaju: Nice shot of your li'l one.. It's a keeper for her to see in the future!

Attachment 430181
Thanks Clevermax. Picture shot at the Auto Show here in Chennai.
Old 26th September 2010, 21:50   #10533
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
@crazydriver
Awesome shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Amazing expression..
Thanks TG & pawan_pullarwar.
Quote:
So I decided to take a plunge for one reason - learning & improvising my skill.
True! There is a lot of knowledge to be gained.
Quote:
Pls note all of them are shot without tripod
These ones were shot by mounting the camera on balcony wall. BTW, the camera is Canon S5IS a simple P&S.
I used an S5is till two months back, and still have it with me. Its a very nice point and shoot. Only thing i was not satisfied with is the high ISO noise, which is the case with most P&S cams.
Quote:
Whoa guys, clevermax, shaju, pawan, v&v, hellwrath, crazydriver, pramod, jkdas, I was expecting to learn something from all of you!!! Isn't my pic even qualified to comment? Is it so worst? I know I did an overexposure on the second one, but still. Is it that bad? All of them?
Too early in my learning phase to give quality critique. Pic no.2 , you could have chosen a better spot to avoid the wires, post and the sign board directly in front. Like pic no. 3, but could have been tighter with less black space IMHO.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th September 2010 at 21:54.
Old 27th September 2010, 01:42   #10534
BHPian

Quote:
Beautiful shot. In March 2009, I drove my car to Munnar. The rout was Pune-Mysor-Kodaikanal-Munnar-Ooty-Banglore-Pune. I stayed only 1 day in Munnar, it was very beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
posting a few more NYC pics
I like 3rd image.
Quote:
As clever says, compose some good images. The images you have posted are just trial shot and not telling anything. Try to compose some meaningful and eyecaching shot. If you compose well, P&S are not that bad. Check this shot, I took it with my 2005 Nikon Coolpix 6 MP P&S

Quote:
Attachment 430181
Roking pics Clever.

Colorful path
The Official non-auto Image thread-pawan-pullarwar-photography.jpg

Look at the colorful branches at building.
The Official non-auto Image thread-pawan-pullarwar-photography2.jpg

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 27th September 2010 at 01:45.
Old 27th September 2010, 08:40   #10535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Beautiful shot. In March 2009, I drove my car to Munnar. The rout was Pune-Mysor-Kodaikanal-Munnar-Ooty-Banglore-Pune. I stayed only 1 day in Munnar, it was very beautiful.

Rocking pics Clever.
Thanks Pawan. Yes, no matter P&S or DSLR, composition has to be interesting... to me that's the most difficult part :(
Liked your first picture.

One more close-up shot
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00311.jpg
Old 27th September 2010, 08:47   #10536
Senior - BHPian

crazy; nice. Evil eyes

shaju, nice one.

pawam; loved the shot/angle. We always get to see head on pic of the Mysore palace.

Cleverman; you talk cattle? Nice one.
Old 27th September 2010, 10:40   #10537
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the comments !

Quote:
...... Isn't my pic even qualified to comment? Is it so worst? I know I did an overexposure on the second one, but still. Is it that bad? All of them?
Dont worry about the posts, I guess you are a learner like me. You expect people to comment on a weekend ? Thats the only time shutterbugs and crazy enthusiasts go out with their gear to shoot something

I am not yet eligible to comment, but with the tiny bit of knowledge I have gathered so far: The spot or angle what you have chosen is so cluttered with wires, polls, boards, a roof and posts. So our eyes wander around everywhere. Chose a different spot, use a smaller aperture and a long exposure, I think it should work perfect. Third pic doesn't tell anything.

Quote:
A misty valley - Suryanelli
Was the weather bad ? I am expecting too much of magic from you these days, so I am not impressed !

Quote:
Check this shot, I took it with my 2005 Nikon Coolpix 6 MP P&S
It could have been more colourful and a better composition, not cutting the top of the dome and the light post. Sometimes moving few yards to the left or right with the cam and analyzing the angles give a surprising result. I am trying to learn that part.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:01   #10538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Was the weather bad ? I am expecting too much of magic from you these days, so I am not impressed !
As far as this shot is concerned, the weather wasn't bad at all because lot of fog was there a and that's how I wanted the picture... But it was raining occasionally and that prevented us to be outdoors for long.

We did a hiking and I wanted to enjoy the activity more than clicking pictures, so I put the camera in the bag throughout the hiking. Sometimes I feel that carrying a camera to capture pictures spoils the real time enjoyment and fun.
Old 27th September 2010, 18:05   #10539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....Sometimes I feel that carrying a camera to capture pictures spoils the real time enjoyment and fun.
Its very true and lot of professionals have commented in the same tone. Enjoying the moment should not become a routine look through the viewfinder. Above comment didnt mean that the shot is bad, I said I am expecting too much of magic from your photos as inspiration as always been . I always get motivation to recreate someone's impressive shots, and I believe thats a very good way to learn. Its not copying, but trying to learn the techniques involved.
Old 27th September 2010, 21:48   #10540
BHPian

Here is one from my today's solo photo walk
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-pawan-pullarwar-photography.jpg  

Old 28th September 2010, 07:59   #10541
BHPian

A curious onlooker.

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc_0048.jpg
Old 28th September 2010, 11:12   #10542
Senior - BHPian

sunil great shot of the calf dude. pawan great going pal , me back after a short hiatus.

Finally found some time and headed to Karanji Lake in Mysore. 1st image used a CPL on the 12-24mm and the 2nd one was without it.

The Official non-auto Image thread-1.jpg

The Official non-auto Image thread-3.jpg
Old 28th September 2010, 11:25   #10543
BHPian

@rjstyle: CPL makes a big difference. Nice pic the first one. I am as well planning to buy CPL, still going through different CPL brands reviews.

Here is one without CPL, I focused on sky and clicked the pic on ISO 400 F8. And did image processing for the darker side below.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-pawan-pullarwar-photography2.jpg  

Old 28th September 2010, 12:03   #10544
Senior - BHPian

Thats a beautiful pix Rj. Thanks for posting both the pix.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:15   #10545
BHPian

@Riju
I do not like the way your whites on the clouds are completely washed out and also the prominent haloing I have been seeing of late a lot in your images. From your previous photographs, I believe your natural eye has a better sense of an exposure than Photomatix or Dynamic Photo HDR. And I can clearly see the HDRing of compositions messing up your sense of exposure in the recent images. Cut down cut down!

The Official non-auto Image thread-5032096195_d647df723a_b.jpg

Regards,
TG.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks