Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:56   #31
Team-BHP Support

Note from mods: Thread merged.
Old 1st February 2010, 23:29   #32
BHPian

I have a question here. Is this high security number plate called the "IND" number plate? If so i got it fitted to my Maruti Zen recently and it costed around 1000 RS to me.
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
I have a question here. Is this high security number plate called the "IND" number plate? If so i got it fitted to my Maruti Zen recently and it costed around 1000 RS to me.
Definitely yes, the locals who make these HSNP call it the IND plate.BTW its 850 bucks for a pair and not a grand.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 2nd February 2010 at 00:13.
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:49   #34
BHPian

Hi Rj,
I got it from M.A.S.S. (Suraksha from Hosur road). It gived a decent look to the vehicle . I had the old standard metal plate and it was in a very bad shape.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:55   #35
BHPian

I think worse offenders with number plates are bikes. I had a HH Passion (2002) and the front number plate was virtually non-existent. There was an empty place between the front forks where I had to write the number. On asking the dealer for the larger front number plates, he said, that the model did not have place to fit the screws for the plates and hence will need to be drilled. Not sure if that was the case but never bothered with the plates. Did save some money considering the number of times my headlights took a bashing in the mumbai traffic.

I did enjoy the painter trying to fit everything into that space though
Old 1st April 2010, 22:53   #36
BHPian

Anyone tried Utsav Number Plates. Here's utsav's site High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India
Old 1st April 2010, 23:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhoshx View Post
vi.A Chromium based third registration plate in the form of sticker is to be attached to the wind shield, wherein the number of engine and chassis are indicated along with the name of registering authority. If tampered with, it self destructs.
This one worries me. Will the sun film we may have in the front windshield be affected because of this? Or what if someone got this done, and then wanted to fix the sun film in the front windshield? And finally, what if the windshield has to be changed?

I have a feeling that this is going to be another vista for brokers to thrive!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks