Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2006, 11:58   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

It may sound like a weird query but since joining this forum been heavily depended on it for each modification/change/upgrade to the car

I got a new red viva crdi...will get the new number plates next week..wanted to go for a nice and unique number plate design/color for the rear number plate, ofcourse which suits the body color.

Just curious to know the various designs that other members of this forum must have got done. Please let me know your views and if pictures that would be even more great.

Thanks
mobike008
Old 17th October 2006, 12:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

any other number plate other than the ones put by the dealers may / will / can slap a fine..so beware my friend..
Old 17th October 2006, 12:57   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
any other number plate other than the ones put by the dealers may / will / can slap a fine..so beware my friend..
I meant for the rear number plate which usually goes unnoticed, especially in my city i have seen lots of people tinkering with it and yet to hear from anybody getting fined for it
Old 17th October 2006, 13:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Get the rear one in Japanese language
Old 17th October 2006, 13:57   #5
BHPian

Mobike008... what you are doing is illigal. And the cops gonna start coming down on people with fancy designed numberplates pretty soon. So I advice you not to.

Go in for just a unique number. That should suffice the male car owner's ego in you ... anything more than that and you looking for trouble boy!
Old 17th October 2006, 14:06   #6
BHPian

There are gov specifications on number plate size , color and even font size. I dont think you can do a custom design which is legal. Have a look here to see the specs
http://www.delhitrafficpolice.nic.in...late-style.htm

http://morth.nic.in/mvlrule/rule3_51.pdf (http://morth.nic.in)
Old 17th October 2006, 14:08   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
It may sound like a weird query but since joining this forum been heavily depended on it for each modification/change/upgrade to the car

I got a new red viva crdi...will get the new number plates next week..wanted to go for a nice and unique number plate design/color for the rear number plate, ofcourse which suits the body color.

Just curious to know the various designs that other members of this forum must have got done. Please let me know your views and if pictures that would be even more great.

Thanks
mobike008

The last I checked 1 week back, the shortly-mandatory high security number plates will be coming into force. During which time all existing number plates will be banned. So you might want to hold back on blowing money for new number plates now
Old 17th October 2006, 14:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
The last I checked 1 week back, the shortly-mandatory high security number plates will be coming into force. During which time all existing number plates will be banned. So you might want to hold back on blowing money for new number plates now
Hope I am not deviating from Topic

Have a look at the details from official website. But god only knows when this will be in effect (http://morth.nic.in/high_security_re...tion_plate.htm)

Features of High Security Registration Plates:

i.Chromium hologram.
ii.A retro-reflective film, bearing a verification inscription ’India’ at 45 degree inclination.
iii.Laser numbering, which is unique in nature containing alpha-numeric identification of both Testing Agencies and the manufacturers.
iv.The Registration numbers to be embossed on the plates.
v.In case of rear registration plate, same to be fitted with a non-reusable snap lock to make it tamper proof.
vi.A Chromium based third registration plate in the form of sticker is to be attached to the wind shield, wherein the number of engine and chassis are indicated along with the name of registering authority. If tampered with, it self destructs.
vii.In front and rear registration plates, letter IND in blue color is hot stamped.
viii. Letters ‘IND’ in blue colour on extreme left centre of the plates.
Old 17th October 2006, 14:22   #9
BHPian

Stick with the default number plate given by the dealer. Else, some day you might get into trouble...if not now!
Old 17th October 2006, 15:36   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhoshx
Hope I am not deviating from Topic

Have a look at the details from official website. But god only knows when this will be in effect (http://morth.nic.in/high_security_re...tion_plate.htm)

Features of High Security Registration Plates:

i.Chromium hologram.
ii.A retro-reflective film, bearing a verification inscription ’India’ at 45 degree inclination.
iii.Laser numbering, which is unique in nature containing alpha-numeric identification of both Testing Agencies and the manufacturers.
iv.The Registration numbers to be embossed on the plates.
v.In case of rear registration plate, same to be fitted with a non-reusable snap lock to make it tamper proof.
vi.A Chromium based third registration plate in the form of sticker is to be attached to the wind shield, wherein the number of engine and chassis are indicated along with the name of registering authority. If tampered with, it self destructs.
vii.In front and rear registration plates, letter IND in blue color is hot stamped.
viii. Letters ‘IND’ in blue colour on extreme left centre of the plates.
High Security Number Plates are already available in Bangalore although not as a regulation by RTO. Everything except point 3 is available. More info here.

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 17th October 2006 at 15:38.
Old 17th October 2006, 16:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I meant for the rear number plate which usually goes unnoticed, especially in my city i have seen lots of people tinkering with it and yet to hear from anybody getting fined for it
I can't agree more with you. Hyderabad is colourful when it comes to number plates. Infact i have collection of those interesting ones. I hardly find any other place in India where road/vehichle rules are so lax. I have been driving around for so long and met many Hyd-ians. No one has ever told me that they were caught for wrong number plates. May be if you take to another state, it can be caught. There are many vehichles plying around with half the plate broken and no number plates in the rear at all.
So the argument is of no use here i think...
I think road rules are the least to be implemented in Hyd...
You can go for the choice of your number plate (at your risk) and enjoy!!
Old 17th October 2006, 19:32   #12
BHPian

i think you can use vinyls for writing numbers on number plates .. use only black for numbers and white plates don't use silver color vinyl for the behind of the number ...cause they are banned
Old 17th October 2006, 21:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Dear, you are asking for great trouble. I do not know of the crime rate in Hyderabad but here in Delhi & NCR, car/bike related crimes and car-jacking on the increase. My lawyer told me that a PIL was filed a few weeks ago in the Delhi HC asking for a regulation on number plates related to the language written in and design and visibility and subsequent direction to traffic law enforcesrs to implement them strictly.

And seeing the judicial activism of these days, I am sure that the judges are going to deliver a judgement within the MV Act framework. The default number plate that your vendor will give, shall pass all tests and checks. So STICK TO IT.

Quote:
Old 26th October 2006, 01:46   #14
BHPian

hey Avinash! hope u having a great time with the viva! about the plates, dude, i had fancy plates all thru my cars since 1995! and finally 2 months back i changed to the regular official type Metal plate white background and black letters for the front! rear is same!

I have been using Black background and Gold letters, a typical font which i found 10 years ago so continiuing that saga!

In recent times the cops have been catching me so many times, that i had already spent more than Rs.1000 on fines! everytime a rs.100/-! but more than the money, its the unnecessary headache and untimely delays! real pain in the back! so my front numberplates are strictly to the norms, and back side i still have my traditional black gold plates in all my cars.

Cops usually see the front portion and if they find any irregularities, they catch u. I have always noticed after passing these cops looking for defaulters, that they never turn back and check if the rear plates are in order!
Old 26th October 2006, 10:26   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

[Cops usually see the front portion and if they find any irregularities, they catch u. I have always noticed after passing these cops looking for defaulters, that they never turn back and check if the rear plates are in order![/quote]

Exactly!! I am doing great man, thanks for the diwali wishes, hope yours went well too.

I am still in double minds whether to stick to norms or just tamper with the rear number plate. I need to get it done by tomorrow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks