Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/45546-guide-eating-out-hyderabad-secunderabad-cyberabad-107.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1885497)
If you know Ravindra Bharathi in Lakdikapul, from there keep coming towards Mehdipatnam/Panjagutta road. At the signal, if you go straight you will go to mehdipatnam and when you turn right it leads to Panjagutta.

As soon as you turn right, Shahji ka Dhaba is immediately on your left right after the petrol bunk. Its a small joint so you need to keep your eyes peeled out.

mobike - looking for directions to get to papaji ka dhaba and not shahji ka dhaba

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet (Post 1889043)
mobike - looking for directions to get to papaji ka dhaba and not shahji ka dhaba

Starting from MPM Mall (Big Bazar) at Abids, move on to Bank Street towards Koti and take the first left turn into Hanuman Tekdi Lane which is just 10-20 metres or so. You will cross Hotel Jaya International on your left, continue straight and after another 50-60 metres you will find PapaJi Ka Dhaba on your left ... just keep a watch for it ...

If you see huge banners and hoardings on your right for a bar and a restaurant and a hotel (name to be supplioed by others as I do not remember the name), you know that you have missed the Dhaba by around 20 feet.

It is pretty simple to reach and cannot be missed once you actually get onto Hanuman Tekdi Lane.

Do not get put off by the condition of the entrance.

They have basement parking (but I have never used it and do not want to because it looked pretty desolate).

Quote:

I noticed my oversight and replied with correct address in post # 1573

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 1889053)
Starting from MPM Mall (Big Bazar) at Abids, move on to Bank Street towards Koti and take the first left turn into Hanuman Tekdi Lane which is just 10-20 metres or so. You will cross Hotel Jaya International on your left, continue straight and after another 50-60 metres you will find PapaJi Ka Dhaba on your left ... just keep a watch for it ...

If you see huge banners and hoardings on your right for a bar and a restaurant and a hotel (name to be supplioed by others as I do not remember the name), you know that you have missed the Dhaba by around 20 feet.

It is pretty simple to reach and cannot be missed once you actually get onto Hanuman Tekdi Lane.

Do not get put off by the condition of the entrance.

They have basement parking (but I have never used it and do not want to because it looked pretty desolate).

Thanks hyd_traveller - I hope to visit this place soon.

I was thinking of visiting 70mm restaurant at Ohri's JalaVihar for lunch but on calling them just now, I have been informed that their buffet is no longer priced @ 199/-.

They have now fixed a new price and it is 285/- (all inclusive) be it for lunch or for dinner, both being buffet.

I am now seeking alternative places for having my lunch buffet for today ... my budget is 200/- max per head?

Any pointers?

I was very disappointed by the buffet at Utsav.

Veg buffet for 2 cost Rs 736.
Absolutely not worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 1891418)
I was very disappointed by the buffet at Utsav.
Veg buffet for 2 cost Rs 736.
Absolutely not worth it.

10 years back, Utsav was awarded as one of the best restaurant and they are still hyping about that one year only ...

I do not mind non-veg buffet also, in fact, would prefer it.

Come on foodies of Hyderabad, suggestions, please?

Quote:

papaji ka dhaba - Google Maps

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 1891515)
10 years back, Utsav was awarded as one of the best restaurant and they are still hyping about that one year only ...

I do not mind non-veg buffet also, in fact, would prefer it.

Come on foodies of Hyderabad, suggestions, please?

Utsav was awarded best Veg Resturant in Hyderabad consistently for more than 4-5 years. I agree their quality has come down terribly and cost has touched the roof.

I stopped visiting them long back as i can't pay so much money for veg foodstupid: but, maybe for new folks in town, they may still enjoy that place.

Bajaj saab, i would recommend you go to Moksh at end of Necklace Road. They have 199++ for Lunch, 299++ for Dinner and 399++ for a BBQ Dinner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1885819)
You know about Hydeez Khatirdari. Your part of the discount brouhaha:thumbs up

Only that you need to spend Rs.1500 bucks ( Volvo fare to Hyd and back) to enjoy this discountrl:

Hey Avi, thanks again man! Yup, I am well aware of the Hyderabadi khaatirdaari! Won't mind spending few bucks on traveling if it gets me that 20% discount he he he he! just kidding, i meant: I don't mind spending that money on traveling to enjoy great food! stupid: and since the verdict is from THE great foodie like you, I am sure it's a good bet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesquall (Post 1892062)
since the verdict is from THE great foodie like you, I am sure it's a good bet!

Thank you !

I am not sure if such a coveted title is really a compliment considering the damage i am doing to my health in providing you guys with up-to-date and good food informationstupid:rl:

For my pyaare hydeez, listing out a few offers that are currently going in Hyderabad :-

1. Punjabi by Nature

Lucknowi Food Festival : Rs.450

2. Hotel Golconda

Two Veg and two NV Kebabs Unlimited + Unlimited Beverages : Rs.899

3. Live Sports Bar, Jubilee Hills

Unlimited Beverages for Rs.399

Take your pick and have fun:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1892488)
For my pyaare hydeez, listing out a few offers that are currently going in Hyderabad :-

1. Punjabi by Nature

Lucknowi Food Festival : Rs.450

2. Hotel Golconda

Two Veg and two NV Kebabs Unlimited + Unlimited Beverages : Rs.899

3. Live Sports Bar, Jubilee Hills

Unlimited Beverages for Rs.399

Take your pick and have fun:thumbs up

Where is Live Sports Bar in Jubilee Hills ?:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1892493)
Where is Live Sports Bar in Jubilee Hills ?:uncontrol

I knew that was coming.

Keep Going straight from Spicy Venue ( the place we meet once for lunch) in Jubilee Hills and you will find Live Sports Bar after a couple of kms on your right.

Road no. 10? Left from Cafe Latte or whatever when coming from madhapur....is that the same one?