Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/45546-guide-eating-out-hyderabad-secunderabad-cyberabad-117.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1920868)
Yup, been there and done it ( with Rajdhani Thali). If you want a more authectic and rustic gujju thali, try the pragati one, its quite refreshing and pretty homely types.

Now a days the rave is Rs.375 wala thali at Jalvihar?? ( Dadus at Himayathangar).

Rajesh Rawal had it recently and was full of praise.

I didnt visit because its a stone's throw away from home. I usually dont go to such places:D

Btw, Silverwood, looks like your on rampage on this thread. Have you been on Hyderabad Food Darshan offlate?lol:

You can say that, i have been a foody all my life. Not only in Hyderabad, but can suggest you few joints in NCR, BANGALORE, ETC. Believe me, people still call me when they visit a new place and ask like. Waseem, yahaan pe accha restaurent kaunsa hai and few of them ask me like kya oder karen. Many of my friends from NRC still call me now and then.Sales ka banda hoon, so well travelled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 1920888)
You can say that, i have been a foody all my life. Not only in Hyderabad, but can suggest you few joints in NCR, BANGALORE, ETC. Believe me, people still call me when they visit a new place and ask like. Waseem, yahaan pe accha restaurent kaunsa hai and few of them ask me like kya oder karen. Many of my friends from NRC still call me now and then.Sales ka banda hoon, so well travelled.

What a coincidence, me too in saleslol:

btw, check out the meet thread and join up for June13 Mega Monsoon Drive Meet to NSD

Details here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ets-may10.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1921144)
What a coincidence, me too in saleslol:

Avi Bhai, to justify your statement.... it should have been "What a coincidence, me too in sales and am a hard core FOODIE" :D

Moved in to research few years back, but my work still takes me places.

Thanks mobike008. I will certainly be a part of June13 Mega Monsoon Drive Meet to NSD.

Traveloholic:Your are right, birds of same feather, flock together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 1921179)

BTW, I can't wait for someone to introduce me (wish Avi could thrown some light on this). You're a Foodie, Avi's a Foodie & ME TOO, ME TOO :D.

Every member posting here is a foodie or has the capability of being a foodie. All the foodies unite here to share their 2 cents on the food front. Welcome to the club Waseem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 1921153)
Avi Bhai, to justify your statement.... it should have been "What a coincidence, me too in sales and am a hard core FOODIE" :D

Not any more dude. Clogged arteries are asking me for mercy:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 1921179)
Moved in to research few years back, but my work still takes me places.

Thanks mobike008. I will certainly be a part of June13 Mega Monsoon Drive Meet to NSD.

Welcome onboard for the drive meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 1921188)
BTW, I can't wait for someone to introduce me (wish Avi could thrown some light on this). You're a Foodie, Avi's a Foodie & ME TOO, ME TOO :D.

Nikhil your the creative-end of Hyderabadi Food Thread establishment. Without the creative genius onboard( eating and creating at sametime), sales folks are mere mortals

This reminds me, is it possible to dig up the roles of each one of us that we posted long back and referesh it here? it would be fun to laugh again...LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 1921188)
Every member posting here is a foodie or has the capability of being a foodie. All the foodies unite here to share their 2 cents on the food front. Welcome to the club Waseem.

Noticed a thing, everyone who posts here are foodies for sure.

And, who are not foodies are sure to be converted into a big time foodie by just reading the passion-for-food dripping in each post;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1920868)
Now a days the rave is Rs.375 wala thali at Jalvihar?? ( Dadus at Himayathangar).

Rajesh Rawal had it recently and was full of praise.

Its Jharokha..next to dadu's (himayathnagar)

Has anyone tried that tasty shawrma ( not authentic though) near HSBC and karvy. The watchman (rauf) of a nearby building sells the same for 35 rs. ( 7pm to 3am).
The best shawrma i have tasted in India is from a restaurent called, AL-BAIK, NFC community center, South Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 1921256)
The best shawrma i have tasted in India is from a restaurent called, AL-BAIK, NFC community center, South Delhi.

You had to say that. I love Al-Baik Shwarmas a lot. One of the tastiest that you can get. Even i eat in New Friends Market whenever i am in Delhi.

They are located in that small lane inside NFC market ( Just behind Barista) and they serve with some amazing mayoinnaise.

There was a counter at NFC for Tunda Kebabs ( Lucknowi, again the name of this popular establishment misses my mind) but, came to know recently they have packed their bags ( dunno the reason). But, those kebabs too were heavenly.

I posted my Shawrma experience on Delhi/NCR Food thread on tbhp long back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1921280)
You had to say that. I love Al-Baik Shwarmas a lot. One of the tastiest that you can get. Even i eat in New Friends Market whenever i am in Delhi.

They are located in that small lane inside NFC market ( Just behind Barista) and they serve with some amazing mayoinnaise.

There was a counter at NFC for Tunda Kebabs ( Lucknowi, again the name of this popular establishment misses my mind) but, came to know recently they have packed their bags ( dunno the reason). But, those kebabs too were heavenly.

I posted my Shawrma experience on Delhi/NCR Food thread on tbhp long back.

They are located in that small lane inside NFC market ( Just behind Barista) and they serve with some amazing mayoinnaise. (You missed out the tasty dahi-pudhine ki chatny)

For the records, Its Tunde Kababs. if you have visited lucknow, you cannot miss Tunde Kababi in Aminabad. A new joint of Tunde Kababi has recently come up in Indrapuram, Ghaziabad. (Never been there, hear and say)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrinalSinha (Post 1920887)
Its Gujrati + Rajasthani Thali. i like there service model. 1 item, no delay and you complete your meal in 20 minutes flat.

+1 not to miss out their finger signals-the way they call out for the dishes is amazing-no noise but just finger signals,easily vfm place and fast,quite a regular there.The finger signals are best to be watched in their Mumbai outlets where the rush is tremendous and the fingers keep working vigourously!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 1921347)
+1 not to miss out their finger signals-the way they call out for the dishes is amazing-no noise but just finger signals,easily vfm place and fast,quite a regular there.The finger signals are best to be watched in their Mumbai outlets where the rush is tremendous and the fingers keep working vigourously!!!

They also display the total number of thali(s) they have served till date. Last month, it was more than 82 lakhs if i am not wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 1920828)
Its Cheng's Kitchen. This was earlier near diamond point en route to karkhana police station, kodali guest suite's building.

Its relocated now ahead of DPS, above spencers store.

It is 'Chen's Chinese Room'. Going by the reveiw posted, we gave it a try this evening, and the dishes were good---better than Nanking, but not extra-ordinarily great.

The prices were quite reasonable too. Cost me only 600 bucks for 5 of us. I loved the chicken drumsticks the most---priced at Rs 100 for 8 pieces.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1921649)
It is 'Chen's Chinese Room'.

Venu Saab, is it Chen's or Chin's?

Its been years since i moved out in a hurry! (just packed a bag and left my belongings for health reasons.) Hybd is a food paradise... I do have no Idea whats become of it now in these years... Hope to visit this month. Truly my 24/7 single city after Chennai :) Hope part of the old charm still remains!! Plenty of joints must have sprung up in these years!!!! hope the old haunts remain! I've been brought up and been on a lot of places, Hybd come second after Ooty, followed by Chennai ( for no reason actually). have the best memories in a life time :) Any one from Yearcaud, Kodai Id love to get in touch with! :)