Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 14:34   #1741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yup, been there and done it ( with Rajdhani Thali). If you want a more authectic and rustic gujju thali, try the pragati one, its quite refreshing and pretty homely types.

Now a days the rave is Rs.375 wala thali at Jalvihar?? ( Dadus at Himayathangar).

Rajesh Rawal had it recently and was full of praise.

I didnt visit because its a stone's throw away from home. I usually dont go to such places

Btw, Silverwood, looks like your on rampage on this thread. Have you been on Hyderabad Food Darshan offlate?
You can say that, i have been a foody all my life. Not only in Hyderabad, but can suggest you few joints in NCR, BANGALORE, ETC. Believe me, people still call me when they visit a new place and ask like. Waseem, yahaan pe accha restaurent kaunsa hai and few of them ask me like kya oder karen. Many of my friends from NRC still call me now and then.Sales ka banda hoon, so well travelled.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 4th June 2010 at 14:41. Reason: commnts
Old 4th June 2010, 16:33   #1742
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
You can say that, i have been a foody all my life. Not only in Hyderabad, but can suggest you few joints in NCR, BANGALORE, ETC. Believe me, people still call me when they visit a new place and ask like. Waseem, yahaan pe accha restaurent kaunsa hai and few of them ask me like kya oder karen. Many of my friends from NRC still call me now and then.Sales ka banda hoon, so well travelled.
What a coincidence, me too in sales

btw, check out the meet thread and join up for June13 Mega Monsoon Drive Meet to NSD

Details here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ets-may10.html
Old 4th June 2010, 16:37   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
What a coincidence, me too in sales
Avi Bhai, to justify your statement.... it should have been "What a coincidence, me too in sales and am a hard core FOODIE"
Old 4th June 2010, 16:50   #1744
Senior - BHPian

Moved in to research few years back, but my work still takes me places.

Thanks mobike008. I will certainly be a part of June13 Mega Monsoon Drive Meet to NSD.

Traveloholic:Your are right, birds of same feather, flock together.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:55   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, I can't wait for someone to introduce me (wish Avi could thrown some light on this). You're a Foodie, Avi's a Foodie & ME TOO, ME TOO .

Every member posting here is a foodie or has the capability of being a foodie. All the foodies unite here to share their 2 cents on the food front. Welcome to the club Waseem.
Old 4th June 2010, 17:07   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Avi Bhai, to justify your statement.... it should have been "What a coincidence, me too in sales and am a hard core FOODIE"
Not any more dude. Clogged arteries are asking me for mercy

Quote:
Moved in to research few years back, but my work still takes me places.

Thanks mobike008. I will certainly be a part of June13 Mega Monsoon Drive Meet to NSD.

Welcome onboard for the drive meet.

Quote:
BTW, I can't wait for someone to introduce me (wish Avi could thrown some light on this). You're a Foodie, Avi's a Foodie & ME TOO, ME TOO .
Nikhil your the creative-end of Hyderabadi Food Thread establishment. Without the creative genius onboard( eating and creating at sametime), sales folks are mere mortals

This reminds me, is it possible to dig up the roles of each one of us that we posted long back and referesh it here? it would be fun to laugh again...LOL

Quote:
Every member posting here is a foodie or has the capability of being a foodie. All the foodies unite here to share their 2 cents on the food front. Welcome to the club Waseem.
Noticed a thing, everyone who posts here are foodies for sure.

And, who are not foodies are sure to be converted into a big time foodie by just reading the passion-for-food dripping in each post

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th June 2010 at 17:14.
Old 4th June 2010, 17:14   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Now a days the rave is Rs.375 wala thali at Jalvihar?? ( Dadus at Himayathangar).

Rajesh Rawal had it recently and was full of praise.
Its Jharokha..next to dadu's (himayathnagar)
Old 4th June 2010, 17:31   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried that tasty shawrma ( not authentic though) near HSBC and karvy. The watchman (rauf) of a nearby building sells the same for 35 rs. ( 7pm to 3am).
The best shawrma i have tasted in India is from a restaurent called, AL-BAIK, NFC community center, South Delhi.
Old 4th June 2010, 17:43   #1749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The best shawrma i have tasted in India is from a restaurent called, AL-BAIK, NFC community center, South Delhi.
You had to say that. I love Al-Baik Shwarmas a lot. One of the tastiest that you can get. Even i eat in New Friends Market whenever i am in Delhi.

They are located in that small lane inside NFC market ( Just behind Barista) and they serve with some amazing mayoinnaise.

There was a counter at NFC for Tunda Kebabs ( Lucknowi, again the name of this popular establishment misses my mind) but, came to know recently they have packed their bags ( dunno the reason). But, those kebabs too were heavenly.

I posted my Shawrma experience on Delhi/NCR Food thread on tbhp long back.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:06   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You had to say that. I love Al-Baik Shwarmas a lot. One of the tastiest that you can get. Even i eat in New Friends Market whenever i am in Delhi.

They are located in that small lane inside NFC market ( Just behind Barista) and they serve with some amazing mayoinnaise.

There was a counter at NFC for Tunda Kebabs ( Lucknowi, again the name of this popular establishment misses my mind) but, came to know recently they have packed their bags ( dunno the reason). But, those kebabs too were heavenly.

I posted my Shawrma experience on Delhi/NCR Food thread on tbhp long back.
They are located in that small lane inside NFC market ( Just behind Barista) and they serve with some amazing mayoinnaise. (You missed out the tasty dahi-pudhine ki chatny)

For the records, Its Tunde Kababs. if you have visited lucknow, you cannot miss Tunde Kababi in Aminabad. A new joint of Tunde Kababi has recently come up in Indrapuram, Ghaziabad. (Never been there, hear and say)

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 4th June 2010 at 18:07. Reason: spell check
Old 4th June 2010, 18:29   #1751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Its Gujrati + Rajasthani Thali. i like there service model. 1 item, no delay and you complete your meal in 20 minutes flat.
+1 not to miss out their finger signals-the way they call out for the dishes is amazing-no noise but just finger signals,easily vfm place and fast,quite a regular there.The finger signals are best to be watched in their Mumbai outlets where the rush is tremendous and the fingers keep working vigourously!!!
Old 4th June 2010, 19:39   #1752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
+1 not to miss out their finger signals-the way they call out for the dishes is amazing-no noise but just finger signals,easily vfm place and fast,quite a regular there.The finger signals are best to be watched in their Mumbai outlets where the rush is tremendous and the fingers keep working vigourously!!!
They also display the total number of thali(s) they have served till date. Last month, it was more than 82 lakhs if i am not wrong.
Old 4th June 2010, 22:45   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its Cheng's Kitchen. This was earlier near diamond point en route to karkhana police station, kodali guest suite's building.

Its relocated now ahead of DPS, above spencers store.
It is 'Chen's Chinese Room'. Going by the reveiw posted, we gave it a try this evening, and the dishes were good---better than Nanking, but not extra-ordinarily great.

The prices were quite reasonable too. Cost me only 600 bucks for 5 of us. I loved the chicken drumsticks the most---priced at Rs 100 for 8 pieces.
Old 4th June 2010, 23:12   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It is 'Chen's Chinese Room'.
Venu Saab, is it Chen's or Chin's?
Old 4th June 2010, 23:25   #1755
BHPian

Its been years since i moved out in a hurry! (just packed a bag and left my belongings for health reasons.) Hybd is a food paradise... I do have no Idea whats become of it now in these years... Hope to visit this month. Truly my 24/7 single city after Chennai Hope part of the old charm still remains!! Plenty of joints must have sprung up in these years!!!! hope the old haunts remain! I've been brought up and been on a lot of places, Hybd come second after Ooty, followed by Chennai ( for no reason actually). have the best memories in a life time Any one from Yearcaud, Kodai Id love to get in touch with!

Last edited by YaeJay : 4th June 2010 at 23:29. Reason: age and a slow mind? :D

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks