Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 11:35   #991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
And, this is what we picked and chose from different counters of the food court

1. Meat Sheek Kebabs Roll & Paneer Sheek Kebabs Roll from Kebabwalla ( Rs.190)
2. 2 Pizzas from Polito's ( Rs.350)
3. Gobi Parthas and Coke from Indochat ( Rs.140)
4. Pennetia Pasta with Garlic Bread from Deli 9( Rs.140)
5. Frozen Strawberry Youghurts from Berry Cool, each is Rs.115 for a meagre quantity ( Rs.345)

Total : ~ Rs.1200

avi, i sincerely hope that this order was not for just you and Neera
Old 14th September 2009, 12:00   #992
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
avi, i sincerely hope that this order was not for just you and Neera
No bhai saab, it was me, neera, sis and her 2 kids.

But, we stepped out of the mall emitting loud burps that could be heard till gachibowli
Old 15th September 2009, 12:24   #993
Distinguished - BHPian

Sunday evening decided to head to my all time favorite restuarant " Reshmi's" at Parklane, Secunderabad. We had the following :-

Corn Cheese Balls
Veg Seekh Kebab
Veg Bullets
Chicken Kalmi Kebab
Paneer Tikka
Shahi Paneer
Dal Makhani
Kulchas/Naans/Parathas
Kheema Biryani

Total Damages : Rs.1200

Some random pictures to tickle your palate
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8879.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8883.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8871.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8878.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8874.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8863.jpg  

Old 15th September 2009, 12:51   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some random pictures to tickle your palate
avi,
you posted those pics at lunch time. why? why??
now, i have to open lunch box to have home made veg food looking at those pics.
Old 15th September 2009, 13:45   #995
Senior - BHPian

I always use Avi's post as a reminder for taking a lunch break

BTW, those were really nice pics---gotta visit Reshmi's soon.

Last Sunday, I had dinner with family at Kholanis---near new Income Tax quarters, not far from Nazim Jn.
Total bill for Prawn masala wet curry, dal makhani, 6 buttern naans, one veg and a non-veg soup was Rs 600. Food was good, though the ambience was not upto standard, but not bad.
Old 15th September 2009, 14:03   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad you liked the pictures and atleast it serves as a reminder for you folks to eat your lunch. I am just doing my job to keep you guys healthy

Venu, I have been eating at Kholani since over a decade at their original outlet which is close to Papaji Ka Dhaba, there the ambience is even more basic but their food is quite good. Suprisingly, their rates do not reflect their ambience ( meaning its costly). But, it was at one point of time a NV eater's haven as most of their NV dishes used to be good.

I drive past their Banjara Hills outlet every day and from outside it looked good but interiors dont seem to be up to our taste. Reckon will give it a miss
Old 15th September 2009, 14:13   #997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
avi,
you posted those pics at lunch time. why? why??
now, i have to open lunch box to have home made veg food looking at those pics.
You are lucky Ashish! I have to wait till 6:30 PM!

Have been seeing Kholani extn. on Road No. 10 from my room everyday and the very few people who go there but never got the urge to go in and try it out!
Old 16th September 2009, 12:00   #998
BHPian

Friends, Tell me something. How do you guys manage during lunch time, especially if you have to have your lunch alone.

Mostly, I have my lunch (normally Sandwiches, Idlies or so) picked up from the various tiffin centers/ bakeries around here. However there are some times, especially when I have had a light breakfast/ not much of work to do n the afternoon/when I'm bored of the food, that I venture out for Lunch alone.

An example being, on Saturday I took a small walk to Reshmi's asked for Peas pulao and Kadai jhinga alongwith a glass of Masala Chaas and a bottle of water. The portion was just too much for me (It could have served 2 people) and the the bill ran upto Rs. 260/-. Step out of Reshmi's you have this offer of a buffet for Rs. 175/-. However, I am not too fond of Buffets.

What would you do if you were in the same situation? Would you opt for the Buffet or would you go for teh A la Carte at a Higher price and a limited choice?
Old 16th September 2009, 12:08   #999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Friends, Tell me something. How do you guys manage during lunch time, especially if you have to have your lunch alone.

Mostly, I have my lunch (normally Sandwiches, Idlies or so) picked up from the various tiffin centers/ bakeries around here. However there are some times, especially when I have had a light breakfast/ not much of work to do n the afternoon/when I'm bored of the food, that I venture out for Lunch alone.

An example being, on Saturday I took a small walk to Reshmi's asked for Peas pulao and Kadai jhinga alongwith a glass of Masala Chaas and a bottle of water. The portion was just too much for me (It could have served 2 people) and the the bill ran upto Rs. 260/-. Step out of Reshmi's you have this offer of a buffet for Rs. 175/-. However, I am not too fond of Buffets.

What would you do if you were in the same situation? Would you opt for the Buffet or would you go for teh A la Carte at a Higher price and a limited choice?
Suren, let me give you my example. My typical routine is as follows :-

Breakfast : Fruits and Juice while driving to work
Lunch : In office canteen, either a Subway sandwich/Masala Dosa/3 Roti with Egg,Chicken or Paneer curry
Dinner: If at home, Rice, Dal, Curry, Raitha and Chutney, If outside, you know well i always go overboard.

Above is just my way of compensating for heavy meals which are usually for dinner in my own small way.

I would never prefer a buffet for lunch as you tend to eat way too much. So my preference is ask for a curry and rotis and get done with.

Another option i try is after a heavy dinner, next day eat very light, for example my lunch is also a plate of fruits and couple of juices in the entire day.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:08   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Avi..those pics are very tempting.Reshmi dabha was my old adda many years back and have fond memories.You just rekindled them..I will make a visit there soon.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:18   #1001
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post

Nice topic. I think it deserves a thread for discussion.

Excluding the month of Ramzan, my routine is fairly simple.

Breakfast and Supper is almost always at home.

Lunch on a weekday.
Sometime my wife is kind enough to pack a box for me.
Other times its either eat out or at the office canteen.
Since I work in Cyber Gateway, I have a choice of either the food court or my office canteen.
The food court is better.
Lunch would be either Chicken sandwich with fruit juice, Paneer Kulcha or dosa.

I dont like any of the other stuff on offer there.

So I would either go over to Kairali for some beef fry with paratha or to Asal dhaba for the thali or to Cafe Nandini.

Given a choice between a-la-carte and buffet, I choose neither of them.
I prefer a good limited meals thali.
South Indian or North Indian depends on which is cheaper.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:19   #1002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Avi..those pics are very tempting.Reshmi dabha was my old adda many years back and have fond memories.You just rekindled them..I will make a visit there soon.
Ram, its not a dhaba anymore. It has transitioned to a nice,cozy family restuarant. And, somehow i find their food very decent in taste, almost like home made.

Don't wait, head their quickly and try their Corn Cheese balls, Paneer Tikka and Veg Bullets. Also, their Gobi Paratha is awesome.

EDIT: Ram, you have the honour of posting the 1000th post of this thread. Congrats !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th September 2009 at 12:22.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:25   #1003
BHPian

My routine:

Breakfast: Heavy breakfast. Usually wheat bread, Milk, fruit juices and big amount of fresh fruits(about 300 gms).
Lunch: Water . I eat lunch on weekends (same as my dinner) and if the team goes out of office. I hate the food served in office. If I am hungry, I choose a fruit from the juice stall and eat it. Sometimes I even go for jersey butter milk.
Snacks(4 PM in the evening): Depends on the choice available in the cafeteria, usually it is my fruit. Sometimes it is plane or masala dosa.
Snack(8 PM or when I reach home): 1 medium sized cucumber. Maybe some biscuits also.
Dinner: Rice, chapati, dal and Vegetable curry. I love vegetables and Dal. They constitute 70% of my meal.

I dine out usually 3 times a week where I love to order some mushrooms or Paneer and Vegetable Biryani.

But these days, I don't find any place which serves good vegeterian food in near vicinity :(

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 16th September 2009 at 14:26.
Old 16th September 2009, 15:03   #1004
Distinguished - BHPian

@Mrinal, i can already envision you as a skinny fella ( Read: Fit)
Old 16th September 2009, 15:08   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
@Mrinal, i can already envision you as a skinny fella ( Read: Fit)

Wrong impression! I am weighing 85-89 Kgs for past two years. In 2005 i was 72 Kgs and in early 2007 I maxed 99 Kgs. I am 6 Ft 2 Inches tall with loads of extra fat every where. The only exercise I do in my life is one 20-20 game every weekend and waxing the car once in 3 months.

The quantity of food I eat in one go is huge. I easily eat food which two people can manage comfortably.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks