Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 04:18   #886
BHPian

I just stumbled on this thread. Very nice.

I tried but going through all the 885 posts in "A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad" will need a lot of time.

It may have been discussed here already but here I go.

Novotel (Hitex) has been having a special buffet on saturday nights which apart from the standard 5 star buffet (continental, chinese, cheese, biryani, umpteen desserts) also included live grill serving lobsters, tiger prawns, beef, a few types of fishes and some other stuff. They also had chaats. What made it value for money was unlimited Tuborg/Carlsberg or Blenders Pride or ... in as my case, Vodkatini.

Priced at 1,050 + 2.5 % sc + 12.5 % vat, it came to 1,250 per head including tip.

The only problem is if you have not reserved a table, you cannot find one after 8:30 pm.
Old 22nd August 2009, 09:07   #887
BHPian

to that list i would like to add my choice as well.

Al-Saba Cafe - according to me had the tastiest haleem last year as per my taste buds. Located on the road opposite to HUDA building in Ameerpet.
Old 22nd August 2009, 09:44   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Isn't Spice6 on the same building?
yeas venu sir, the building even has the Taj Mahal Exlcusive Restaurant.
Their North Indian Thali was 90 bucks when I last ordered but they have so much items in it, guess it will be good for 2average eating people.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:01   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
One addition I would like to make is the Harees from Asian, Nampally. Absolutely heavenly, delicately flavoured and not as heavy as the other stuff.
Cheers,
Hey Ravvs, is Harees another dish, or was it a typo for Haleem?
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:40   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey Ravvs, is Harees another dish, or was it a typo for Haleem?

hello venu sir, i guess harees is a variant of haleem, in layman's terms it is haleem made out of chicken rather than mutton.

Last edited by aadix : 22nd August 2009 at 15:43.
Old 22nd August 2009, 18:50   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
hello venu sir, i guess harees is a variant of haleem, in layman's terms it is haleem made out of chicken rather than mutton.
Thanks Aditya----I did not know this so far!!
Old 23rd August 2009, 12:50   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Novotel (Hitex) has been having a special buffet on saturday nights which apart from the standard 5 star buffet (continental, chinese, cheese, biryani, umpteen desserts) also included live grill serving lobsters, tiger prawns, beef, a few types of fishes and some other stuff. They also had chaats. What made it value for money was unlimited Tuborg/Carlsberg or Blenders Pride or ... in as my case, Vodkatini.

Priced at 1,050 + 2.5 % sc + 12.5 % vat, it came to 1,250 per head including tip.

The only problem is if you have not reserved a table, you cannot find one after 8:30 pm.
Went there last evening. Awesome spread which included Satays, 12-15 Types of Salads, Chat, BBQ counter had vegetable, fish, scampi, crabs and chicken.

Oh and not to forget unlimited beverages.

Damage : 2600 ( Including Tips) for 2 people.
Old 23rd August 2009, 19:58   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Damage : 2600 ( Including Tips) for 2 people.
you might as well become a member @ novotel ,they have some scheme where in you pay 7500 for a year and you get 50% discount on meals for 2 and the % decreases as the head count goes up.

you also get discounts on their bakery products and usage of the spa (plus what i last remember you get 1 night free stay @ the property as well)

theodore is a member there (reach out to him if your visit to novotel is quite frequent,will help you get good deals)
Old 24th August 2009, 10:19   #894
BHPian

Well, wherever the Haleem meet is happening, count me in.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:19   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
you might as well become a member @ novotel ,they have some scheme where in you pay 7500 for a year and you get 50% discount on meals for 2 and the % decreases as the head count goes up.

you also get discounts on their bakery products and usage of the spa (plus what i last remember you get 1 night free stay @ the property as well)

theodore is a member there (reach out to him if your visit to novotel is quite frequent,will help you get good deals)
Thanks! Will check it out.
Old 24th August 2009, 14:44   #896
Distinguished - BHPian

After a hectic Friday and Saturday, spent a lazy sunday at home and in the evening decided to head out for some street grub and wanted to have only vegetarian since yesterday was Ganesh Chaturthi. So we had the following :-

1. Veg Momo's : Outside Fresh outlet in Sindi Colony, Paradise. Taste was just about ok as it had more of onions and less of veggies

2. Wada Pav : Amazing taste. They are located in Sindi Colony, Paradise

3. Chinese Bandi : Drove all the way to Banjara Hills as wanted to try the chinese bandi outside GVK One on Rd.No.1 as i heard rave reviews of them. We had 1 Chilly Veg Manchuria and 1 Veg Schezwan noodles.Veg Manchuria was decent but noodles blew me away. One of the tastiest noodles had in a long time.

4. Drove back to Sindi Colony and had Ice-Cream Soda and Delhi ki Kulfi. Quite good.

5. Polished off the evening with pans from Dimpy Pan Palace.
Old 24th August 2009, 14:51   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A

3. Chinese Bandi : Drove all the way to Banjara Hills as wanted to try the chinese bandi outside GVK One on Rd.No.1 as i heard rave reviews of them. We had 1 Chilly Veg Manchuria and 1 Veg Schezwan noodles.Veg Manchuria was decent but noodles blew me away. One of the tastiest noodles had in a long time.
How come I am not aware of this particular bandi? Where exactly is is located outside GVK One? I Will try it out tonight!
Old 24th August 2009, 15:07   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
How come I am not aware of this particular bandi? Where exactly is is located outside GVK One? I Will try it out tonight!
lane between the post office and GVK one.
Old 24th August 2009, 15:36   #899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Right outside the exit gate of GVK One Mall. Try their schezwan veggie noodles, i really loved it.

On second thoughts, try some NV dishes and let me know how they are so i can prep myself for the next visit
Old 24th August 2009, 16:17   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
On second thoughts, try some NV dishes and let me know how they are so i can prep myself for the next visit
Not quite worth trying the NV stuff there Avi. One reason is all you get is a ball of Corn flour with a tiny shred of Chicken somewhere in between. Guys the gravies served by him have excessive of artificial color added FYI.

No, I do not plan to open a food joint on that road, now or ever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks