Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 12:47   #2386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
Thought i would find this here : Parivaar, a family resturant near Radhika Theatre, Ecil, just oppsoite McDonald's. Recently re-furnished the place and its bigger now. The only reason i visit is for their Mutton Biryani, its the best i've come across till now. Hot and Tasty. The taste is completely different from the Biryani league . Rs225 including tax i think.
Nick, this is not fair

I thought you said Mutton Biryani is best at a small outlet in Kharkhana which you mentioned several posts back as the best biryani in Hyderabad.

Why this change of heart?

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th September 2010 at 12:49.
Old 16th September 2010, 12:56   #2387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nick, this is not fair

I thought you said Mutton Biryani is best at a small outlet in Kharkhana which you mentioned several posts back as the best biryani in Hyderabad.

An outlet for biriyani in Karkhana.?

@ nosfreak- Please throw some light.
Old 16th September 2010, 20:54   #2388
Team-BHP Support

This is not about food for the stomach.
But food for thought.

I can think of no other place to post this to reach my dear Hyderabadi's and this does not warrant a thread of it own.

Just went to the Landmark book sale on Rd #12.
A huge stack of international magazines at Rs 50.
A good collection of international automotive magazines as well.
Old 16th September 2010, 21:04   #2389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Just went to the Landmark book sale on Rd #12.
A huge stack of international magazines at Rs 50.
A good collection of international automotive magazines as well.
Nice Pointer. However,

Not sure if you ever visited the magazine/book market at Abids on sundays? There same magazines would be 1/2 that price

Examples :-

Overdrive/Autocar/BBC Motoring which cost Rs.100 is available for Rs.20. You usually get June'10-July'10 edition in Sep'10.

International motor magazines would also be around the same price. Just they would be little older ( 6 months and more)
Old 16th September 2010, 22:57   #2390
Senior - BHPian

There's also a sale at Landmark, Somajiguda (next to Spar) for the past one month. Even DVDs, Blue Ray Discs and CDs are on sale.
Old 17th September 2010, 00:31   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
An outlet for biriyani in Karkhana.?

@ nosfreak- Please throw some light.
Biryani Darbar. Its near Castrol BikeZone, near the singal light at Karkhana/trimulgherry just after Volkswagen shoowrom, before crossover's shop. However their quality has slightly reduced a bit since the last time ive been there, 3 to 4 months back. You might want to check back again.

Quote:
Nick, this is not fair

Avi, Did i mention "Mutton". No right . However i also found a good place for Tandoori Chicken. The masala in it is to die for, its at Neredmet X Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I attended a function there last year and the food (vegetarian) was so so. Perhaps they've improved now.
@vnabhi : veg is not suitable favourite of mine . Apart from the Mutton Biryani, i have tasted their other items, nothing special about it. You should try them out again at the restaurant.

Last edited by nosfreak : 17th September 2010 at 00:32.
Old 17th September 2010, 09:58   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post

Avi, Did i mention "Mutton". No right . However i also found a good place for Tandoori Chicken. The masala in it is to die for, its at Neredmet X Road.
Please let us know the name of this restaurant and a possible landmark.

Betw: I had been to PAKVAAN last evening and ordered the following. (SILVERWOOD +4)

Tandoori Chicken- 2 No's- I have always been a fan of TC served here.
Mutton Biriyani Family pack-It was great,almost boneless pieces.
Soft drinks- 5 No's

Total Damages:Rs 550 including tips.

It will be fun to try Tandoori Chicken after i get the lead from nosfreak.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:42   #2393
BHPian

Quote:
Mutton Biriyani Family pack-It was great,almost boneless pieces.
Why is it that you always get to eat a good biryani at Pakvaan and everytime we go there, we are served the worst of the pieces in Biryani.

I've avoided going there based on what happened the last time. I've been to Pakvaan with a couple of my cousins. We were about 8 people and ordered Mutton Biryani. Believe me, all we got were those fat-laced pieces of mutton and nothing else. It was just what you call Chiknaa & Boti's. It was one of the worst experiences at Pakvaan. Pakvaan's been stricked out of my list of eateries for eternity.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:56   #2394
Distinguished - BHPian

I too agree biryani at Pakvaan is quite inconsistent. I rather not order biryani from an inconsistent place.

However, their tandoori chicken every time that i ordered was totally heavenly. Hope they stick to it's consistency atleast.
Old 17th September 2010, 12:18   #2395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Why is it that you always get to eat a good biryani at Pakvaan and everytime we go there, we are served the worst of the pieces in Biryani.

I've avoided going there based on what happened the last time. I've been to Pakvaan with a couple of my cousins. We were about 8 people and ordered Mutton Biryani. Believe me, all we got were those fat-laced pieces of mutton and nothing else. It was just what you call Chiknaa & Boti's. It was one of the worst experiences at Pakvaan. Pakvaan's been stricked out of my list of eateries for eternity.

Quote:
I too agree biryani at Pakvaan is quite inconsistent. I rather not order biryani from an inconsistent place.

However, their tandoori chicken every time that i ordered was totally heavenly. Hope they stick to it's consistency atleast.
The trick here is to warn the waiters that you will return the biriyani if you do not find good tender mutton pieces and i use the name of Hameed Bhai many times. I use the same trick when i order Roghan Josh as well.

I agree, that their service is quite inconsistent when it comes to biriyani and gravys.

I have conveyed the same to Hameed Bhai couple of times.
Old 17th September 2010, 23:03   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Please let us know the name of this restaurant and a possible landmark.

It will be fun to try Tandoori Chicken after i get the lead from nosfreak.
@silverwood :-

Sharma Punjabi Restaurant, This aint a fancy place or anything. Its best to take home and have. There is a waiter though .
T.C Full is Rs120/- or rs 130 (scratching head..) id guess, half is Rs90/- Provides you with the chopped up and lime sequeezed vegetables and chutney.
Location: R.K Puram flyover, if you know tirmulgherry, R.K puram is quiet closeby from there. Once you get off from the flyover, move a little further on. on your right side you should find a Honda showroom, beside that a cell phone shop. Just beside the cell phone shop is the restaurant. You may or may not find the board as i couldn't find it either. . Beside the restaurant is a pan daba as well. Will pm you my number if in case you cant find it.
Old 19th September 2010, 13:27   #2397
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening ordered snacks & food (Home-Delivery) from two different directions from home

Mohini's, Basheerbagh

Pepper Chicken- 2 Plates ( Rs.65/Plate)

Spicy, peppery and delicious

Apollo Fish- ( Rs.95/Plate)

A little bland, quite nice if you like your fish something on lines of steamed. I liked it as it is different from your regular spicy version.

Mohinis is super VFM

Deccan Spice, Kachiguda

Chilly Prawns ( Rs.160)

Fresh, crunchy and super delicious. Almost as good as Bar-ONE

Special Mutton Biryani--2 Plates ( Rs.160/Plate)

I posted a review of this biryani before. I am becoming a fan of this biryani, long grained and fine masala with melt in mouth boneless mutton and quantity so much its good for 3 people.

This is a good biryani, i tell you
Old 19th September 2010, 15:47   #2398
Team-BHP Support

Beyond Coffee

Jubilee Hills Rd 36.

Warning: The portions are small, good for one below average person types.
The price is high.

But the food is delicious. The ambiance very good. The service very decent. The board games a nice touch and best of all, excellent seats.

A snapshot of the menu card:
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img009.jpg
Something from the breakfast palette(2 slices of bread are served):
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-plate.jpg
Also had a
nice cup of coffee,
a very nice soup with a lovely topping of mozzarella cheese,
the English tea was so so
a serving of beans, which was some regular canned variety.

Bill had a 5% service charge added to it. :(
All included the bill for 2 was a little more than Rs 600.

I would have tipped more, but the SC pisses me of so much, I don't tip when I see it.
The poor waiters get stiffed but I hate the SC and unfortunately don't know how else to rebel against it.

Also saw a nice black Porsche outside.

Last edited by bblost : 19th September 2010 at 15:49.
Old 19th September 2010, 16:14   #2399
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, last time I went to Road #36 (the restaurant) was some 6-7 years back and neither the food nor ambience nor service there was nothing to write home about. Besides, the place definitely didn't feel like it was good enough to stop someone driving around in a Porsche! The outlet was still new then. I guess at least the food seems to have improved, per your account. I should try the place once again.

Regards,
spadix
Old 19th September 2010, 16:18   #2400
Team-BHP Support

Same location, different restaurant.

The old one was quite sad.

Most Viewed