Cheese Dosa's
Paneer Dosa's
Chole and Bathure
Spring Rolls
Veg Manchuria
Frankies
Dry Fruit Kulfi/Pista Kulfi/Anjeer Kulfi
Jaleebi's

I loved the Chole Bathure, it was delicious to say the least. My nieces polished off 2 plates of springrolls together

Loved the Kulfi too, different style of presentation, they cut them into pieces and present with toothpicks

Jaleebi sucked big time

Veg Manchuria too was sad

It was drizzling ( actually raining heavily) and we had a great time sitting on the banks of the lake and it was just beautiful. Nice place to spend the evening with kids. However, prices are on steeper side

Some examples :-
Rs.20 for 750ml water
Dosa : Rs.70 etc.

I'll go back only for Chole Bathure and Kulfi
Old 26th August 2009, 10:13   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1. Veg Momo's : Outside Fresh outlet in Sindi Colony, Paradise. Taste was just about ok as it had more of onions and less of veggies

2. Wada Pav : Amazing taste. They are located in Sindi Colony, Paradise
Seeking advice:

1) Which place serves the best momos in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad (not looking at venues like Golden Dragon of Taj Krishna or Mainland China or such level)?

2) Where exactly in Sindhi Colony are the best Vada-Pav to be found?

Cheers!
Old 26th August 2009, 10:51   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Today evening been to Eat Street on Necklace road.
you bet man .. perfect way to spend a rainy evening.

the roof top joint @ eat street ,is that still open? have been there a couple of times (before the rains) ,though the service is slow ,but the food is real tasty.

chicken kali mihri and chilly mushrooms are worth trying there
Old 26th August 2009, 11:28   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Seeking advice:

1) Which place serves the best momos in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad (not looking at venues like Golden Dragon of Taj Krishna or Mainland China or such level)?

Cheers!
Lane next to Chalapathi Travels on Madhapur Road

Had Bundi Chinese from the one next to GVK one. Quantity and quality is both good. Will not go anymore to the one opp Talwalkars

Last edited by MileCruncher : 26th August 2009 at 11:41.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:32   #905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2) Where exactly in Sindhi Colony are the best Vada-Pav to be found?Cheers!
Just outside of Dimpy Pan Palace. Each single wada pav cost 10 bucks and was really tasty and the same stuff was available at eat street for Rs.25 to Rs.40
Old 26th August 2009, 11:38   #906
BHPian

The "Dimpy Pan Palace" - Where is this Palace ?
Old 26th August 2009, 12:01   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
The "Dimpy Pan Palace" - Where is this Palace ?
Parallel lane to Hotel Paradise lane in secbad which is known as Sindhi Colony or Penderghast road ( P.G Road)
Old 26th August 2009, 12:47   #908
BHPian

Quote:
1) Which place serves the best momos in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad
apart from the locations suggested by others ,you can also try
the momo counter @ citi centre mall ( banjara hills rd no 1) . right next to exit of food bazaar on the ground floor there is this place which serves momo's

i guess its 40 bucks for 10 pieces.

try that one out

yet to try the vada pav @ sindhi colony ,have had an overdose of vada pav's ( considering i belong from mumbai) so going by mobike's suggestion i guess they are equally good as per the mumbai standards.

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 26th August 2009 at 12:50.
Old 26th August 2009, 12:54   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today evening been to Eat Street on Necklace road.
I loved the Chole Bathure, it was delicious to say the least. My nieces polished off 2 plates of springrolls together

Loved the Kulfi too, different style of presentation, they cut them into pieces and present with toothpicks

I'll go back only for Chole Bathure and Kulfi
I too love the Chole Bathure at Eat Street---had it 3 times so far and was always tasty. But when I took my BIL there, his plate was not that good---probably they ran out of stuff and gave him left overs

Quote:
Parallel lane to Hotel Paradise lane in secbad which is known as Sindhi Colony or Penderghast road ( P.G Road)
Now, where on PG Road is that place---I remember landmarks like Mamta sweets stall, the place where you get paani puris and FoodWorld---any place holders for us?
Old 26th August 2009, 19:42   #910
Senior - BHPian

OK got it now after asking my daughter---she says the very spot where she has paani puri is Dimmy's pan shop (she says it is not 'Dimpy's pan shop). Thanks for not posting in time---looks like you are busy for a change!!
Old 26th August 2009, 22:43   #911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
yet to try the vada pav @ sindhi colony ,have had an overdose of vada pav's ( considering i belong from mumbai) so going by mobike's suggestion i guess they are equally good as per the mumbai standards.
Yes, they are almost as good as you get in Mumbai but you may probably think otherwise. Nevertheless, they are worth a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Now, where on PG Road is that place---I remember landmarks like Mamta sweets stall, the place where you get paani puris and FoodWorld---any place holders for us?
Ok, let me try giving directions in a different way. When your coming from Ranigunj, you cross universal bakery and you take the first LEFT lane ( before paradise hotel) and you go ahead and Dimmy pan palace is on your left hand side after you cross Pendikanti Marriage Hall ( my sister got married here). Is this clear enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
OK got it now after asking my daughter---she says the very spot where she has paani puri is Dimmy's pan shop (she says it is not 'Dimpy's pan shop). Thanks for not posting in time---looks like you are busy for a change!!
Yeah, i know its Dimmy but somehow i can never say it as Dimmy. Maybe i love the name "Dimpy"....LOL

EDIT: Btw, i was not busy today at all. I was working from home first half and second half i was at the zoo. Been there after a decade or so and it was drizzling all the time and enjoyed thoroughly. Pictures to come up in a couple of days on the travelogue section :-)

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th August 2009 at 22:48.
Old 27th August 2009, 13:52   #912
Senior - BHPian

Wifey brought Haleem last night from Y2K. I somehow have not developed taste for Haleem but still gave it a try last night and oh boy, it was in a different world all together.

Y2K Haleem, a definite must have.
Old 28th August 2009, 10:44   #913
BHPian

Chens... a lil chinese joint in Sikh village road

I want to mention about a very small place called "Chens".. a small joint serving very good chinese food, with very competitive pricing... which I frequented a lot in my tenure of 3 years in hyderabad... The quantity and taste Vs price was a real VFM... Around a year back they have moved to a bigger place in the main Sikh village road(top of Spencers), the quality has diluted a bit... but its is still worth trying. I have not tried(or seen) any top of the line exotic menu items, but the regular stuff is pretty decent.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:14   #914
Distinguished - BHPian

I availed the 50% offer at Ohri's Basheerbagh on Wednesday(Aug 26th) as it was their 10th anniversary. I tipped off some of you folks and only Hillram decided to avail this offer.

We reached Ming's Court unsually early which is around 8pm ( my regular time is after 9:30pm) knowing well that entire hyderabad must be thronging that place and oh boy! was i right which saw when we were heading out of the restuarant. Loads of people dying to get inside the restuarant to avail this never before offer...LOL

We ordered the following :-

1 Veg Love Bags ( ordered after taking Ram's feedback as waiter said dont order today due to the rush. but it was good)
2 Veg Chilly Sticks
1 Red Chilli Fish
3 Fruit Punches
2 Mocktails for me
Okra and Potates in Soya Sauce
Schezwan Chicken Noodles
Veg Garlic Burnt Fried Rice
1 Veg Soft Noodles
Total Bill : ~ Rs.2350 ( And, I paid only 1250 or so)

We are totally in love with Love Bags and Chilly Sticks, especially my mom drools over this stuff.

Red Chilli Fish was quite good. Crispy and quite spicy just as my palate demands

My mocktails were served super chilled ( you know the right temparature makes that difference)

Okra and Potato gravy was superb. Okra ( Bhendi) was served in long thin pieces and perfectly grilled.

Schezwan C. Noodles were awesome just that i was the only NV guy on the table and had to pack the stuff. They serve enormous portions

Met Ram who was seated next to our table and looked to me he too enjoyed his evening there. Ram, how was your experience? I never had a bad experience there.

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th August 2009 at 13:17.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:29   #915
BHPian

Dont mean to go completely off track here , but I recently visited Hyderabad.
The food there is amazing , when you order Paneer Masala , you get Paneer Masala, not Masala Paneer , like you do in Bangalore. There would be a lot of Masala and very very less Paneer here.
Biryani's are to die for. Feeling hungry again , just had my Lunch , but thinking about the Biryani's am feeling hungry again.

Wish I could go down to hyderabad for lunch and come back to bangalore to work...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks