Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 21:24   #1051
BHPian

Looks like holiday season has hit this thread, am surprised to see so much silence (never before has such a situation happened)!
Old 3rd October 2009, 13:57   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Third Encounter with Hard Rock Cafe - Hyderabad

Since Hard Rock Cafe(HRC) opened on Ramzan day,i made trips just to savour the place and rock memorabilia and since both earlier times,I had neglected my family,i earned quite a few brick bats from home ministry !!!
So we decided to head out for dinner on Thursday night.
HRC has improved its decors and rock shop compared to my earlier visits.
So the first pit stop was the Rock shop,where i picked up a T-shirt for my 3 yr old son (Rs.430) and then headed to the cafe for Dinner.
The Entree was the international Jumbo Combo which includes:
- Potato Jackets filled with cheese (2 Nos)
- Onion Rings (International entree) (7nos)
- Pita Bread ( 3 Nos)
- Santa Fe Spring Rolls (3 Nos) dipped in Salad and Sour cream
The above are accompanied with Salsa Dip,Sour Cream,Hommus,Aubergine Spread and Salad,all done up in a beautiful way.
This was followed by some french fries for my son and then i ordered Vegetable Strognoff as Plat du Jour (my fav now).
While the food was served,i made a quick tour of taking pics of some of the memorabilia such as Nikki Six's Bass guitar used on Dr.Feelgood and Girls Girls Girls numbers,Van Halen's Rythm Guitar,Kylie Minogues Tank top,Drum set of Blue Garage etc and returned to savour the food.

While this was going on,suddenly there was a foot tapping number and all the waiters climbed up the parapet walls and started to perform an un-choreographed dance steps with out any coordination and this was hilarious.It was as if Can Can had come to Hyderabad.

Final Dent : Rs.1200 for 2 adults and 1 kid.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290004.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290005.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290006.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290007.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290008.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290010.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290012.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290014.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290016.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290019.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290020.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290023.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290025.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-p9290033.jpg  

Old 8th October 2009, 14:42   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sure, I will. Its sitting there right on top of my priority list. Hard as it may seem to believe, i am fasting until the festival
Can someone share the address of Sazio, been searching for it on Google!!! Might sound dumb asking this, but I do see a SAZIO in Calangute
Old 8th October 2009, 15:08   #1054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Can someone share the address of Sazio, been searching for it on Google!!! Might sound dumb asking this, but I do see a SAZIO in Calangute
Its outlined in Post #1011 by Nag.

I feel sad that i am unable to go out and eat as i got a bit serious about dieting. Past 2 days been living on Subs for lunch and dinner
Old 8th October 2009, 16:34   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Its outlined in Post #1011 by Nag.

I feel sad that i am unable to go out and eat as i got a bit serious about dieting. Past 2 days been living on Subs for lunch and dinner
May be you can provide review on various sandwiches and provide us with a detailed opinion which is best and which outlet has the best service
Old 8th October 2009, 17:06   #1056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
May be you can provide review on various sandwiches and provide us with a detailed opinion which is best and which outlet has the best service
Well, i eat in my office canteen and here the subway sandwiches are offered in discounted price. Sub of the day is Rs.65 for 6-inches. You get many of them depending on the day like Chicken Tikka, Corn and Peas, Veggie Delitte etc.

From today, there is a new offer. Veg Deliette for Rs.50 only. Had this for lunch today

I use the following ingredients to make up my Sub

Wholewheat bread/Honeyoat bread
Lettuce
Onions
Jalepenos
Tomatoes
Cheese

I like the following sauces to be added to my sub

South-west
Red Chilli
Mustard

I love Mayoniasse but i am trying to avoid due to my new diet fad. I reckon the above concoction of a sub should be around 200 calories

P.S: Btw, i am breaking my diet rule ONLY for tonight, going out for dinner..

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th October 2009 at 17:07.
Old 8th October 2009, 19:03   #1057
BHPian

I recieved a pamphlet in my daily newspaper - it had come a week or so back but I read it (I mean the pamphlet by it and not the newspaper) only today.

Aura MultiCuisine Restaurant, 1st Floor, LifeStyle Building, Begumpet, Hyderabad ; For resetrvations contact 90 524 10101 & 90 525 94873 ;

Lunch : Lunch Buffet, Complimentary Beer or Soft Drink, Kebabs & Lavish Spread - Rs. 159 exclusive of tax.

Dinner : Dinner Buffet, Complimentary Soft Drink, Kebabs & Lavish Spread, Specially priced Liqour Menu - Rs. 179 exclusive of tax.

I have not yet tried out the venue.
Old 8th October 2009, 19:13   #1058
BHPian

Another pamphlet that I received with my newspaper.

This one is a home delivery service.

"I Am Hungry" - Food at your Door Steps ; For booking call on 6587 3222 ; Visit http://www.iamhungry.com ;

Choose from a wide range of best restaurants in Hyderabad.

Sample of restaurants - Angeethi, IndiJoe, Aromas of China, Sahib Sindh Sultan, Tabla (Banjara Hills), yellow Chilli, Once Upon A Time (Hotel Green Park), Chinese Whisper (Zafraan on Raj Bhawan Road), Zafraan Exotic, Tabla (Kukatpally), One Place (Zuka & Pongal), Tandoor.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:26   #1059
BHPian

@hyd_traveller

did that 'Aura' restaurant replace an existing restaurant in that building complex, or is it completely new?

that link posted above doesnt seem to work, but there has been this other business by the name Dial-a-Meal which pretty much does the same thing.

::Welcome to Dial a Meal
Old 9th October 2009, 12:31   #1060
Team-BHP Support

New Chinese restaurant open beside Ohri's on Rd #12, Banjara Hills.

any reviews?
Old 9th October 2009, 15:55   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
did that 'Aura' restaurant replace an existing restaurant in that building complex, or is it completely new?
Seems that Aura must have replaced a restaurant since scope of a new one is not there, but no idea which one ...

Quote:
that link posted above doesnt seem to work
My error : it is I Am Hungry || Food At Your Door Steps... (dot me and not dot com)

Quote:
but there has been this other business by the name Dial-a-Meal which pretty much does the same thing. ::Welcome to Dial a Meal
Dial a Meal was a big hit with me till they started charging 30/- for delivery. Are they still functional?
Old 9th October 2009, 16:53   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I recieved a pamphlet in my daily newspaper - it had come a week or so back but I read it (I mean the pamphlet by it and not the newspaper) only today.

Aura MultiCuisine Restaurant, 1st Floor, LifeStyle Building, Begumpet, Hyderabad ; For resetrvations contact 90 524 10101 & 90 525 94873 ;

Lunch : Lunch Buffet, Complimentary Beer or Soft Drink, Kebabs & Lavish Spread - Rs. 159 exclusive of tax.

Dinner : Dinner Buffet, Complimentary Soft Drink, Kebabs & Lavish Spread, Specially priced Liqour Menu - Rs. 179 exclusive of tax.

I have not yet tried out the venue.
I saw this post last night just before i was entering into " The Grand Continental " in Park Lane, Secbad which had a similar type of buffet deal.

Rs.179++ for Veg Dinner Buffet
Rs.199++ for Non-Veg Dinner Buffet

Ofcourse, we selected the later and they had a limited spread

Chicken Soup ( Average)
Chicken Tikka (Horrible- first time in my life had this with bones)
Some other chicken Snack
Dum Ka Murgh ( Good)
Roti/Naan's ( Very Good)
Meat Biryani ( Excellent)

Desserts : Vanilla Ice cream, Dal ka Halwa, Fruits etc.

I liked the biryani the best, nicely flavoured and succulent pieces of meat made the experience average. otherwise, this place is just about decent.

Sorry, i didnt even glance at the veg items

I thought it was ok and i may go there again. Wifey hated the food.

Total Damages : Rs.470
Old 11th October 2009, 20:15   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian

Had parcelled the following from Indu Delux ( Behind Ravindra Bharati, Lakdika Pul)

Ginger Chicken : very thick gravy and quite decent taste. However, i prefer a little less thicker gravy. maybe i am spoilt by the Papaji ka Ginger Chicken, the best in town. IMO

Mutton Roast : Dry Dish. Small boneless pieces of mutton with nice flavoured masala. Very good.

Bill : Rs.200
Old 11th October 2009, 21:36   #1064
Team-BHP Support

Jubilee Hills as you enter the KBR Park road side there is a tea shop on the left hand side.
There is only on tea shop in this area.

Check out the alloo samosa.
4 bucks and very very good.
Old 12th October 2009, 12:09   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Seems that Aura must have replaced a restaurant since scope of a new one is not there, but no idea which one ...
A quick update on the Aura thing... the offer might sound exciting but the menu falls flat in terms of quality and taste. It doesnot tantalize the taste buds. Tried Aura a couple of time, the unlimited servings of Kabab's holds to be true but with a difference. They take a pretty longer time to serve the appetizers. These Kabab's sometimes turn out to be half-cooked. Better venture out to Barbecue Nation, which has a better spread as compared to Aura.

Prior to Aura, the restaurant was named Kabura. Kabura was later rechristined as Aura. In the similar way, Malgudi, which was beside Kabura has been rechristined as "Banannaa Leaff". Seem to be worried about those extra a's and f's, looks like the numerology thing to be but the name's spelled out the same way as i put it up there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks