Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 20:23   #1081
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Try out IndiJoe's at City Center Mall, they have a good range of Sizzlers. Loved the Sea Food Sizzler there the last time. Worth the try for foodies. Also try out the Texas Chicken Wings (hope I get the name right) with Tartar Sauce. It was great.
Tried Indijoes too. I agree its good. Looking for some new outlet or a different one that serves good sizzlers.

Texas Chicken is near my home but never tried it. I like Chicken wings. Btw, got an sms from them, they are sending you to dubai if you have their chicken
Old 13th October 2009, 20:42   #1082
Senior - BHPian

Hi Traveloholic, Welcome to the F&B section which is ruled over by Mobike. Please do visit the Meet section too and we might try out some of the joints mentioned in the F&B section. Please also step out of the shifting gears for a bit as your post count is stuck at 8 even though you have more than that on this page alone!

I think it is time that someone updated the list posted at post no 393 of this thread. Several new places have come up and some might have closed or lost their sheen. IMHO Traveloholic and Mobike are the ones best placed to do this with inputs of course from Zen91 and Fazal saab.

Cheers,
Old 13th October 2009, 21:23   #1083
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys, you all are looking for veg restaurant and I have found no mention of KSHETRA at Khairatabad, behind the Fortune Ford showroom.
Very VFM restaurant with some nice veg. preparations and in dessert, the fruit salad with icecream is the best that i like.
Recently took mom, dad and wife there and the bill just came to around 600.
Good food, and good service, though a little slow, but very good ambience. Do give it a try , have been frequenting there since last 3 years.

Thanks.

The restaurant is housed in a very grand building.
There is open space outside with nice metal garden chairs.
Inside the seats are good, the decor very good.

Ordered a Asparagus Soup.
Very nice and creamy.

Veg Spring rolls, crisp, non-oily, very good.

Mexican Spaghetti, nice taste but it was noodles with curry leaves and spring onions. There was no Spaghetti and nothing Mexican about it.

Bill 302.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:39   #1084
BHPian

Been to Abhiruchi with my mom and mama ji yesterday night for dinner. Ordered Prawns Masala and Chicken Pulusu. Prawns was worth eating. Spicy and good. Did not like Chicken Pulusu that much.

People, suggest me a good place so that I can enjoy some exotic prawns, something like a Sea Food Platter or exotic prawns varities.
Old 14th October 2009, 22:01   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
suggest me a good place so that I can enjoy some exotic prawns, something like a Sea Food Platter or exotic prawns varities.
The weekend (only saturdays) dinner buffet of Novotel would have bowled you over with their range of prawns, fishes, lobsters, beef, lamb, chicken, ...

Hopefully it still is on. Do check with them whether the live grill saturday buffet still continues.

The tab of 1050 + 12.5 % tax + 2.5 % service charge used to include unlimited drinks also.

On my last visit there, the buffet had jumbo/tiger prawns, small lobsters, lady fish, mackeral, pomfret apart from various other exotic dishes.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:29   #1086
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Been to Abhiruchi with my mom and mama ji yesterday night for dinner. Ordered Prawns Masala and Chicken Pulusu. Prawns was worth eating. Spicy and good. Did not like Chicken Pulusu that much.

People, suggest me a good place so that I can enjoy some exotic prawns, something like a Sea Food Platter or exotic prawns varities.
If you like Prawns then your in for a treat tomorrow. Barone, Kondapur serves one of the best Chilly Prawns in the city. Me and Rajesh are big fans of that dish, hope they repeat their magic tomorrow.

Tried chilly prawns in Barone on Bowenpally road, it sucked

I have already crossed my fingers, you can also do the same
Old 15th October 2009, 15:34   #1087
Senior - BHPian

How is Kuchipudi at Fortune Katriya? Where exactly is this joint?
Old 15th October 2009, 15:40   #1088
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
How is Kuchipudi at Fortune Katriya? Where exactly is this joint?
FK is a 4 star property and is on Raj Bhavan Road, Somajiguda. Like any star property the food is ok or little more than that, nothing great shakes.

Commenting from experience as we had several TBHP Dinner meets in FK and post dinner their large courtyard was abused with high speed test runs
Old 15th October 2009, 22:20   #1089
Senior - BHPian

This evening.my wify suddenly had a urge to go for a Dhaba for Punjabi food.Quick check on the list of Punjabi restaurants - Angeeti,Punjabi by Nature,Santosh Dabha...all with in 1 km from my house and i ad already been there.
So a quick sms to our Epicurean Avi,aka mobike008 and we finalised Reshmi Dabha in parklane.
Reached at 8pm and settled down..no crowd,no music,cool A/c,well lighted.
As suggested by Avi,we ordered Corn Cheese Balls and they jsut melted away in our mouths.Even Hillram Jr. relished them.
This was followed by :
- Sarson Ka Saag
- Ginger Kofta
- An assortment of Rotis (Lacha Paratha,Butter Nan,Tandoori Rotis)
- Salt Lassi

We were stuffed and licking our fingers.
This was awesome food i ever tasted and won a popular vote by the whole Family.

Final Dent : Rs.410 (very reasonable)
I will soon head there again after few days with my folks.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:22   #1090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
So a quick sms to our Epicurean Avi,aka mobike008 and we finalised Reshmi Dabha in parklane
Ram, i am happy you enjoyed Reshmi's. As you know i have been there scores of times and everytime i come back happy with their quality food and reasonable pricing. Had you been a meat eater, would have suggested you some rocking items. Alas, my knowledge on veg food in restuarants is despicable
Old 16th October 2009, 13:13   #1091
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night, had a dinner of burger and rolls from K&C, Himayathnagar. Mind you this is not King and Cardinal but K&C. Writing about them as going their for first time though this outlet is 100 meters from home.

King and Cardinal had 2 partners and they split up and set up different outlets right next to each other.

Btw, If you want to spot Hyderabad Ranji Cricketers then head to King and Cardinal and you will see all those famous Ranji guys like Kanwaljeet Singh, Arshad Ayub, Venkatapathi Raju, Shivlal Yadav, ML Jaisimha's son and many more who visit this place regularly.

1 Veg Burger
2 Veg Rolls
1 Chicken Roll
Chicken Cutlet
Egg Puffs

All of the above polished down with diet cokes.

I was suprised to find it better than King and Cardinal who use a tad too much of mayoniasse which spoils your stomach. Here, the rolls are garnished with right amount of Mayo and they are quite large ones. Total VFM for Rs.28 a piece.

We found that we cannot demolish so much food as the quantity was a bit too much.

Do it give it a shot if your in that area. Cheers !
Old 16th October 2009, 13:30   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Had dinner at Shanghai Chef, madhapur yesterday.

Items had:
  1. Lung Fung Prawn Soup
  2. Chicken Spring Roll
  3. Mixed Hakka Noddles
  4. Chicken Kung pao
Decent food with reasonable prices. Total Hit Rs 490/- ( Including Tip)

The ambience of the place is good especially the tables by the window through which you can spot cars while having meal
Old 16th October 2009, 15:38   #1093
BHPian

Had Golden Fried Prawns and Chilly Chicken at Chang Hua yesterday night for dinner. GFP was awesome as ever.

Need to try some good Tandoori Chicken somewhere the next time. I don't get to see much of Tandoori Chicken nowadays, its all Grilled Chicken all over or semi-cooked Tandoori Chicken. Its high time I find a joint, which serves proper Tandoori Chicken.

Has anyone tried Sikandari Raan/Bakre Ki Raan at Dine Hill, Masab Tank? Had it last time at Dine Hill as well as Guffa, Ohris Basheerbagh.

Have mostly read here about eateries and restaurants, which serve delicious Lunch/Dinner.

I believe Breakfast eateries also need to be mentioned, I believe somewhere someone would have mentioned these eateries, which serve sumptuous breakfast and have a great spread laid out. I am listing our a few I know and would love to hear from you all too

1) Taj Mahal Hotel, Abids (bored to death eating the same Button Idly, Idly/Wada Sambar there)
2) Gayatri Bhawan, Himayat Nagar (love their sambar a lot)
3) 99 Dosa's, Somajigua (Better avoid it, if you aren't a Dosa fan)
4) RV Celebrity, Begumpet (Good spread for breakfast)

and a lot more to write about. Other than these eateries, I usually love eating at these joints, which serve some of the tastiest and best Idly's/Wada's/Dosa's. These aren't the bigger hotels/restaurants but are more of a Thela/Malgi sort of eateries. Their taste seems to be far far better than some of the best restaurants/eateries around the city.

1) Govind ka Dosa, Gulzar Houz (Try out his Butter Dosa, its simply YUMMMMMMMMMY!!! Try to be there by 9, else you might run out of luck. Supply only till the stocks last)
2) Dosa Bandi, Begum Bazaar Naaka (Try out their Upma Dosa with Butter, good to tantalize those taste buds)
3) Lingaiah Tiffin Center, opp Old Jet Cafe, Seetaram Bagh, Asif Nagar (You would be surpised by the taste of Chutney he gives with Idly is mind blowing.)

Will update the list with more Thela's soon. I love having Dosa's on Thela's. Not any ordinary thela, but ones which are tried, tested and proven.

Lets plan a Early Morning Breakfast Meet sometime. We all can catch up, have good breakfast at some of these joints around the city.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:51   #1094
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had Golden Fried Prawns and Chilly Chicken at Chang Hua yesterday night for dinner. GFP was awesome as ever.

Need to try some good Tandoori Chicken somewhere the next time. I don't get to see much of Tandoori Chicken nowadays, its all Grilled Chicken all over or semi-cooked Tandoori Chicken. Its high time I find a joint, which serves proper Tandoori Chicken.
Try Tandoori chicken in some of these places, usually very good :-

1. Papaji Ka Dhaba, Abids

2. Delhi Durbar, Old Bowenpally road

3. Reshmi's Restuarant, Parklane, Sec'bad

4. Angeethi

5. Mama Dhaba, Lakdika Pul

Quote:
Has anyone tried Sikandari Raan/Bakre Ki Raan at Dine Hill, Masab Tank? Had it last time at Dine Hill as well as Guffa, Ohris Basheerbagh.

Have mostly read here about eateries and restaurants, which serve delicious Lunch/Dinner.
I had this exotic dish at Ohri's twice once at Tadka and once at Serengiti. They cook this raan in rum/whisky and serve you. It is priced at Rs.700 bucks if i am not wrong. One of the most tastiest dish in meat.

How's it at dinehill? Never been there since from outside it looked like a cafe so didnt venture inside.

Quote:
I believe Breakfast eateries also need to be mentioned, I believe somewhere someone would have mentioned these eateries, which serve sumptuous breakfast and have a great spread laid out. I am listing our a few I know and would love to hear from you all too

1) Taj Mahal Hotel, Abids (bored to death eating the same Button Idly, Idly/Wada Sambar there)
2) Gayatri Bhawan, Himayat Nagar (love their sambar a lot)
3) 99 Dosa's, Somajigua (Better avoid it, if you aren't a Dosa fan)
4) RV Celebrity, Begumpet (Good spread for breakfast)

and a lot more to write about. Other than these eateries, I usually love eating at these joints, which serve some of the tastiest and best Idly's/Wada's/Dosa's. These aren't the bigger hotels/restaurants but are more of a Thela/Malgi sort of eateries. Their taste seems to be far far better than some of the best restaurants/eateries around the city.

1) Govind ka Dosa, Gulzar Houz (Try out his Butter Dosa, its simply YUMMMMMMMMMY!!! Try to be there by 9, else you might run out of luck. Supply only till the stocks last)
2) Dosa Bandi, Begum Bazaar Naaka (Try out their Upma Dosa with Butter, good to tantalize those taste buds)
3) Lingaiah Tiffin Center, opp Old Jet Cafe, Seetaram Bagh, Asif Nagar (You would be surpised by the taste of Chutney he gives with Idly is mind blowing.)

Will update the list with more Thela's soon. I love having Dosa's on Thela's. Not any ordinary thela, but ones which are tried, tested and proven.

Lets plan a Early Morning Breakfast Meet sometime. We all can catch up, have good breakfast at some of these joints around the city.
Been to all the breakfast restuarants that you mentioned but you missed out on Minerva, Shanbagh and Chutneys.

I have also been to the first 2 thelas that you mentioned above. I agree superb place for Thela eating. Even i love eating at such places

Let me outline a few more awesome thelas

1. Pragati Idlis and Dosas at Abids. Mind blowing Chutney and one of the most tastiest and non oily dosas ever had.

2. Scoops at Afzalgung. Variety of dosas like paneer, noodle, etc. Great chutney taste and awesome dosas. I love their idlis too. Lot of powder, dripping in ghee and quite big in size.

3. There is another small bandi which is superb is in Ghode Ki Khabar, Dhoolpet. His name is Laxman. Ask anyone there and you will be instantly directed to his thela. One of the best dosas you can ever have.

P.S: Seems to me there is some serious competition from you on the eating front
Old 16th October 2009, 16:44   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
How's it at dinehill? Never been there since from outside it looked like a cafe so didnt venture inside.
Dine Hill is Ok, as far as you are going in for Take Away. Off late, it has turned better but not up to the mark. I would suggest you take it off from there and have it at home. I do agree Raan at Ohri's is too superb. Love it a lot.

Quote:
Pragati Idlis and Dosas at Abids. Mind blowing Chutney and one of the most tastiest and non oily dosas ever had.
Off late, I find Pragati guy dwindling in terms of his quality. I do not find it exciting and tasty anymore. I still remember the time, when we were in 11th or 12th, we used to visit his thela time in and time out. The taste has changed over the years.

Quote:
There is another small bandi which is superb is in Ghode Ki Khabar, Dhoolpet.
I regularly visit his Bandi at Ghode Ki Khabar. I love his Dosa's a lot. Thanks for reminding me its high time to visit him again.

Try out the Dosa bandi at Sindhi Colony, it is bang opposite to Dimmy's Pan Shop. He has great dosa's.

Quote:
P.S: Seems to me there is some serious competition from you on the eating front
LOL!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks