Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 17:53   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hope you have no qualms regarding food from small dhabas, if no-then you would enjoy it.

Personally, i love dhaba food

Shahji ka Dhaba is on the Lakdikapul road. When your coming from Public garden, you cross central court then take a left cross the bridge and take a right towards khairtabad. As soon as you take this right, it is on the left side. It's a small place but frequented by a lot of families too.

Tried Shah ji ka dhaba yesterday. I must say that the menu was reasonably priced and the preparations were hygienic and excellent in taste. As mentioned by Avi, even though the place is small, it is frequented by family guys and has a decent clientele. With the direction that he gave it was easy to locate the place. A good place for takeaway and dine in(if one doesn't mind eating at dhabas) during these days of recession, when the high end restraunts are jacking up the prices like anything.
Will try anjappar soon. An Excellent thread. keep it going.
Old 3rd December 2008, 08:35   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Tried Shah ji ka dhaba yesterday. I must say that the menu was reasonably priced and the preparations were hygienic and excellent in taste. As mentioned by Avi, even though the place is small, it is frequented by family guys and has a decent clientele. With the direction that he gave it was easy to locate the place. A good place for takeaway and dine in(if one doesn't mind eating at dhabas) during these days of recession, when the high end restraunts are jacking up the prices like anything.
Will try anjappar soon. An Excellent thread. keep it going.
Glad you liked it dude. Btw, i didnt see your confirmation for the friday meet?
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:18   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Glad you liked it dude. Btw, i didnt see your confirmation for the friday meet?
wanted to compensate for missing the last one by dropping in unannounced.
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:03   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
wanted to compensate for missing the last one by dropping in unannounced.
So very nice of you. But, i spoilt the party, check the meet thread
Old 10th December 2008, 13:54   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening, mom wanted to try out some rajasthani food. So we decided to venture out to Hotel Rajdhani ( been there several several years ago)

We still make a couple of curries at home which we call by it's name to identify the type. Rajdhani Bhendi and Rajdhani Aloo, absolutely delicious.

We were suprised to see that it has changed over the years and like any other hotel, it too had become a contemprary one. But, still ventured heavily by typical marwari people only. Sadly, there was no Rajashtani thali/food available, so we ordered :-

Veg Manchuria
Soft Drinks
Masala Papad
Pineapple Salad
Roti
Mutter Capsicum with H/P. Btw, H/P is hara pyaaz
Finally polished the above with Tawa Pulao

Food was excellent and except for soggy masala papads, the entire food was quite delectable

Address: 10 Janpath,Rajdhani Hotel, Siddiamber Bazaar. Landmark : Close to Karachi Bakery, Mozzamjahi Market

Tomorrow, we'll be going to Ming's Court for some chinese grub. My mom wants to cover some of her favorite joints before she leaves.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:11   #246
Senior - BHPian

avi- if you ever relcoate from Hyd, the economy of this city will nosedive
Old 10th December 2008, 15:46   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
avi- if you ever relcoate from Hyd, the economy of this city will nosedive
Thanks Himanshu!

I love Hyderabad and i am just contributing in my own small way to ensure we are booming

CtrlAltDel, what happened to you? I dont see you contributing towards hyderabad's economy? We are supposedly the chiraags of hyderabad

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th December 2008 at 15:49.
Old 11th December 2008, 11:18   #248
BHPian

Don't know if this qualifies - more like desert place - went to Sweet Nirvana (next to State Gallery of Art - Madhapur) last night - severe case of sweet tooth!

The ambience was lovely - there was real grass under my feet! Quite a rarity in the age of the concrete jungles. Options to sit both inside & outside on a sprawling lawn & pretty creative nooks & sitting options.

Had an apple pie with cinnamon icecream & one of their in-house sundaes - both were heavenly. However, the price tag is anything but heavenly :-) deserts range from just over a hundred rupees to just over 300. They also have salads & main course by the way - none of which we tried.
Old 11th December 2008, 11:42   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday unexpectedly caught up with some old friends and our party continued until pretty late and we decided to pick up some food from Mohini's at Basheerbagh and around 11:30pm while driving in my friend's OHC going towards Liberty from Himayathnagar there was a huge posse of policemen ( around 15-20 of them) and i was paralysed as all 3 of us were holding glasses with Jack Daniels filled to the brim

I told my friend just look them in the eye and drive ahead confidently and thank god, we were not stopped. What a lucky
escape. Whew!!!

I admonished my friend who loves this carobar stuff and told him those glory days are gone and we better stop this stupidity

We are pretty well known to Mohini folks so we asked them what is special for today and they packed Butter Mutton, Rotis, Chicken Biryani.

I highly recommend the butter mutton, it was simply out of this world. I have already decided to pick up that curry again very very soon.
Old 11th December 2008, 14:25   #250
BHPian

Quote:
CtrlAltDel, what happened to you? I dont see you contributing towards hyderabad's economy? We are supposedly the chiraags of hyderabad
heh heh yeah...i have not visited any new places of late...stuck to the familiar ones last few times.

am planning to visit that new restaurant owned by celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor (Yellow something on road#12). u been there? how is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
I admonished my friend who loves this carobar stuff and told him those glory days are gone and we better stop this stupidity
booohooo...i have almost stopped it since more than a year. previously we used to drive towards gandipet or shamirpet at least once in 2 months for a carobar session. cant risk it now.

abt Mohini, IMO it serves one of the bestest biryanis in town - even better than Paradise.
Old 11th December 2008, 14:33   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post
Don't know if this qualifies - more like desert place - went to Sweet Nirvana (next to State Gallery of Art - Madhapur) last night - severe case of sweet tooth!

The ambience was lovely - there was real grass under my feet! Quite a rarity in the age of the concrete jungles. Options to sit both inside & outside on a sprawling lawn & pretty creative nooks & sitting options.

Had an apple pie with cinnamon icecream & one of their in-house sundaes - both were heavenly. However, the price tag is anything but heavenly :-) deserts range from just over a hundred rupees to just over 300. They also have salads & main course by the way - none of which we tried.
yes, that place is really nice for its deserts.
Old 11th December 2008, 14:35   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are pretty well known to Mohini folks so we asked them what is special for today and they packed Butter Mutton, Rotis, Chicken Biryani.

I highly recommend the butter mutton, it was simply out of this world. I have already decided to pick up that curry again very very soon.
Avi, i sincerely hope you are keeping your date with the gym with similar dedication
Old 11th December 2008, 14:36   #253
Team-BHP Support

Zaika Road # 14 Banjara Hills.

Nothing much about the restaurant.
Serves Indian and Chinese.
I had Punjabi Chicken and Rotis.
Ambience was quite nice.
Service quite decent.
The restaurant is part of a Hotel.

Quite a deserted place. There were two table occupied.
They left while we were eating.
As we finished our meal, one table was occupied.

Quite a sad turn of events.

Food: The gravy was nice but a little salty. The chicken was well cooked and tasty.
Bill for Punjabi Chicken, 3 Rotis, 2 Phulkas and water was 329.
Old 11th December 2008, 15:00   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
heh heh yeah...i have not visited any new places of late...stuck to the familiar ones last few times.

am planning to visit that new restaurant owned by celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor (Yellow something on road#12). u been there? how is it?

booohooo...i have almost stopped it since more than a year. previously we used to drive towards gandipet or shamirpet at least once in 2 months for a carobar session. cant risk it now.

abt Mohini, IMO it serves one of the bestest biryanis in town - even better than Paradise.
Its called "Yellow Chilli". No, i havent been there. Problem is we decide having a dinner out at the last moment and usually late so end up going to the same places or ones which are closer to home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Avi, i sincerely hope you are keeping your date with the gym with similar dedication
well, i am a once in a blue moon gym goe'r and walker. But, i have my own ways of compensating for all these indulgences

You know what they say, once a foodie, always a foodie
Old 12th December 2008, 10:19   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Dinner at Ming Court is always special and yesterday's was too.

I look forward to their chinese food and never get disappointed, each dish is presented and tastes so well.

We stuck to our regular or rather known dishes and especially at Ming Court, mommy dear does all the ordering.

And, what we relished was :-

Love Bags
Veg Chilli Sticks
Hot and Sour Soup
Hunan Fish
Burnt Garlic Fried Rice
Veg in Schezwan sauce
Fruit Punch & Soft Drinks

Bill : ~ 1K

She had a great time was reminiscing on the fact that she is going to miss this lovely food for the next 6 months.

We are due out for one last family dinner on Sunday, i am still researching where to go

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks