Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 10:36   #256
Senior - BHPian

Ok My contributions to this thread:

I some days of the week work out of Maytas-Hillcounty office of ours! This right now is like a no mans island and we are usually at the mercy of the caterer for the breakfast & lunches!
One of the team mates yesterday has proposed that we try out the shack outside Maytas entrance(opp to Kesineni's garage) for lunch as he and someothers found the place good. So here we go, off in my Scorpio to a so called Dhaba-S.R.Dhaba!!
It is a real shack to see and I was sceptical as I parked my car to go in or not, but trailed in with rest of the group.
We ordered couple of rotis each, 2 portions of tomato curry, 2 portions of channa masala, egg burji, butter chicken, lamb curry, 2 veg & 2 egg biryanis'. Hmmmm that I was thinking inside would be more than the SR Dhaba could handle!! Ordered some cool drinks and water bottles too.

We waited for 20 min or so for the food to come and we are in a shack with plastic sheets on the top enjoying pepsi!! The food was simply out of the world!! Everybody including ME enjoyed each morsel to the last! I could not resist myself and walked up to the 'kitchen' to meet the 'master' to convey my thanks & appreciations.
I asked the chef alias master what the secret was!! He just said 'Jo bhi banate hai Dil lagaake banate hai saab'. So True !!
Tipped that guy nicely and took the mobile numbers to pre-order the food whenever we want to eat in S.R. Dhaba!!
Sometimes in life, most unassuming places & people give you the best of the surprises & delight!!

Last edited by getsurya : 12th December 2008 at 10:38.
Old 15th December 2008, 11:26   #257
Team-BHP Support

+1 to Reshmi's.

Thanks mobike the food/ service/ ambience was very good.
Loved the sarson ka saag with maki ki roti and the hara bhara kabeb.
Old 15th December 2008, 11:33   #258
Senior - BHPian

Southern Mirchi

Heard about Southern Spice, right. But this is Southern Mirchi!! The road to left(yes Harah's road!) after Chutney's!!

This is my favourite place if we want to relish some good South Indian dishes. Serves awesome thaali!!Non Veg dishes are simply out of the world. The owner is a known person and therfore I can vouch for the care taken inside the kitchen. I have seen the kitchen myself !
They serve continental too!
I was there yesterday afternoon for Lunch with my family!! We enjoyed a lot.
Try it out and the cost is not out of the world!!
Old 15th December 2008, 11:35   #259
Team-BHP Support

Where can I get good Appams and Idiappams in Hyderabad.

Anjappar currently does not serve them.
Old 15th December 2008, 11:39   #260
BHPian

For Appams and Iddiappams you could try any of the branches of Malgudi's. they do serve the same.

However teh last time I visited Malgudi (near IJM Raintree) the Iddiappams where not authentic enough to my liking. They used tos erve the authentic ones earlier. Wonder if it was a temporary glitch, but that once was enough to deter me from patronising them.

Things could have changed for the better now, please do give us a feedback if and when you do go there.
Old 15th December 2008, 12:26   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
+1 to Reshmi's.

Thanks mobike the food/ service/ ambience was very good.
Loved the sarson ka saag with maki ki roti and the hara bhara kabeb.
Glad you like it. Incidentally, i never ordered any of these dishes. I am not a fan of Sarson Ka Saag. Did the lady owner came up to the table to make you feel special?

Can you beat this, 2 continous days at Ming's court. On Thursday and again on Friday evening with a friend.

We had 3 beers, Hunan Chicken and Apollo Fish. Fish was spicy and very good. Bill was again the same. Rs.980.

At this rate, 2K in 2 days on food, i better open a bar and restuarant so i can eat and drink free of cost!

Went home and slept on empty stomach as snacks was almost upto my neck
Old 15th December 2008, 12:35   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Glad you like it. Incidentally, i never ordered any of these dishes. I am not a fan of Sarson Ka Saag. Did the lady owner came up to the table to make you feel special?
Oye, yeh kyaa hai? u gotta let me in on this? and where is this place?
Old 15th December 2008, 12:45   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Can you beat this, 2 continous days at Ming's court. On Thursday and again on Friday evening with a friend.

We had 3 beers, Hunan Chicken and Apollo Fish. Fish was spicy and very good. Bill was again the same. Rs.980.

At this rate, 2K in 2 days on food, i better open a bar and restuarant so i can eat and drink free of cost!

Went home and slept on empty stomach as snacks was almost upto my neck
Ming's Court is my hot favourite for Chinese food too. Even I prefer having heavy, delicious snacks with booze, rather than regular food.

Please let us know when you open your resto-bar. We are looking for good discounts to members of this forum!!

BTW, we took a parcel from Shaji ka Dhaba last night, and the food was awesome.
Old 15th December 2008, 13:23   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Oye, yeh kyaa hai? u gotta let me in on this? and where is this place?

Arrey boss, dont jump to conclusion. This joint is run by a punjabi couple and the lady is the dominant one and she is usually there to suggest what dishes to order. She is quite pretty but man, she's got teenager son and daughter, so those kinda thoughts are out of the window

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Ming's Court is my hot favourite for Chinese food too. Even I prefer having heavy, delicious snacks with booze, rather than regular food.

Please let us know when you open your resto-bar. We are looking for good discounts to members of this forum!!

BTW, we took a parcel from Shaji ka Dhaba last night, and the food was awesome.
My favorite business is a good pub/restuarant a.k.a Suniel Shetty but then i am not in show business to generate that kind of investment money, so can only dream about it now.

And, yup Shahji ka dhaba is good for their pricing.
Old 15th December 2008, 13:56   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Where can I get good Appams and Idiappams in Hyderabad.

Anjappar currently does not serve them.
There is one kerala mess near to IIIT, Gachibowli. You will get Appams there. And they also server some seafood(not LAKEFOOD, that you normally get in Hyd) there.
The name of this place is Mess is Kairali.
Old 15th December 2008, 20:04   #266
Senior - BHPian

Ah! Kairali!!(for so many days, i have been trying to recollect the name) I did hear about it more than a year ago from a mallu friend(no no he is not a hyd team-bhpian!!) where they serve good beef and some good mallu dishes. I think he did mention about fish too.
Old 15th December 2008, 21:31   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
There is one kerala mess near to IIIT, Gachibowli. You will get Appams there. And they also server some seafood(not LAKEFOOD, that you normally get in Hyd) there.
For a moment I thought you were talking about a Kerala Miss. I then realized it is a Kerala Mess.
Old 15th December 2008, 23:08   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For a moment I thought you were talking about a Kerala Miss. I then realized it is a Kerala Mess.
Venu, how can you even think about such a thing..heheheh

I was pleasantly surprised to know that you too have a wandering mind like the most of us.
Old 16th December 2008, 10:10   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't that an after effect of a Miss from Kerala missing the Miss World .
Yea, I know "Kerala Mess" is a wrong usage, but I just coined it after hearing usage of words like Tamil Mess, Andhra Mess.
Old 16th December 2008, 12:09   #270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Unfortunately, this place was not there during the days i was in Hyderabad. Me and my then-girlfriend now-wife scoured a lot of places in hyd looking for places which serve authentic Kerala cuisine, but almost always reached a dead-end. Finally, we bought some stuff from a Kerala store in Lingampally and she cooked it for me.

Imagine, we at one stage were so desperate for Kerala parotta that we paid Rs.25/- per parotta at Malgudis, even that was very thick and didnt satisfy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks