Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:37   #346
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Talking about snacks, have someone been to the sindhi colony road during evenings? Amazing street side vendors selling some of these snacks :

Samosa Ragda
Cutlet Ragda
Paani Puri
Pav Bhaji
Chole Bature
Kachhi Dhabeli
Kulfi/Regular icecreams of different brands
Followed up a lovely "Calcutta meenakshi paan" from Dimpy's A/C Paan Palace
I was checking out chaat joints when I found mobike's thread - so would like to add to it.

The pani puri fellow near Food World on Dharam Karam road dishes out amazing pani puri and sandwich, bhelp puri and Jhaal Muri.

And then there is this Chaat guy near CTC - when you come from Paradise and take a right turn to go to CTC, you will find him at the corner - he serves some delicious chaat.
Old 22nd January 2009, 22:15   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm...Chatees sounds good. So can anyone provide Chatees reasons to go there?
I thought Chattees was opp ICICI near Check Post on Rd # 36. Have they opened another outlet?
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:58   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
I was checking out chaat joints when I found mobike's thread - so would like to add to it.

The pani puri fellow near Food World on Dharam Karam road dishes out amazing pani puri and sandwich, bhelp puri and Jhaal Muri.

And then there is this Chaat guy near CTC - when you come from Paradise and take a right turn to go to CTC, you will find him at the corner - he serves some delicious chaat.
Had at both places and found both quite good. However, the latter is the place that i still go to when i am around parklane
Old 23rd January 2009, 01:14   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I thought Chattees was opp ICICI near Check Post on Rd # 36. Have they opened another outlet?
That's not Chattees. That's 36 Jubilee Hills, a different restaurant.
Chattees is further down 36, near Barista.
Old 23rd January 2009, 01:20   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
looking for an insight on how the new Kebab Factory near VLCC in Banjara Hills is doing, and how good their food is in comparison to other Kebab places in Banjara Hills/Jubilee Hills/Punjagutta area; i.e. BBQ nation

was planing on going there for Sunday (yesterday) dinner with 15 people, but didn't feel like taking a chance.
It's good. It's a chain that's present in many cities in India. The basic concept is that for around Rs.800 (last I went), you get a range of kebabs, naans and rotis, and biryani. You just have to choose between veg and non-veg. The staff are very well trained and will bring dishes one after the other and even tell you (without being asked) which sauces they go with. .

You'll be stuffed by the time biryani comes though
Old 23rd January 2009, 01:21   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm...Chatees sounds good. So can anyone provide Chatees reasons to go there?
Well, they've recently started a BBQ nation style concept.
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:23   #352
Senior - BHPian

chatees is good if you plan to have a detailed lunch or dinner. Service is good but takes time.

Does anybody know a paani puri place in hyd which serves the delhi style paani puri(probably my definition is sooji poori in cold paani aka what i liked in Delhi and therefore call it 'delhi style')??
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:57   #353
BHPian

Biryani/Pulao

As most of you know, apart from Hyderabadi Biryani there are a few other biryani preparations that are popular in Andhra Pradesh. From first hand experience I can say that Biryani (or pulao to be precise) preparations in Nellore and Guntur-Vijayawada are distinctly different from each other, and from the Hyderabadi variety.

Nellore kodi pulao is less spicy, slightly tomato-flavoured and extremely popular. The Guntur-Vijayawada vareity is as spicy as Hyderabadi one but in a slightly different way, and is served with mirchi ka salan, gongura chutney, kalia (similar to dalcha or pappu charu) and raita.

Almost every biryani outlet in Hyd, including so called Andhra style restaurants, serve the Hyderabadi variety. I found Nellore pulao in "Our Place, B'Hills". Are there any restaurants in Hyd that serve Nellore or Guntur-Vijayawada style biryani/pulao?
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:02   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
chatees is good if you plan to have a detailed lunch or dinner. Service is good but takes time.

Does anybody know a paani puri place in hyd which serves the delhi style paani puri(probably my definition is sooji poori in cold paani aka what i liked in Delhi and therefore call it 'delhi style')??
the chaat wala at ohri's (road no 12) ..he's good and close to what you have mentioned above...( also he is hygenic,does it with all those plastic gloves and all)..unlike the road side stalls who put their fingers god knows where and then dip your puri in the paani..

lol... did i make someone reconsider having paani puri now
Old 23rd January 2009, 13:20   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
lol... did i make someone reconsider having paani puri now
I have no such qualms as you never know what is happening behind the scene in any restuarant. I love the Dadu's chat at Himayathnagar the best. Their Jalebis are the thinnest and crispiest that i ever ate.

As it was my anniversary yesterday, wifey didnt want to take chances with an unexplored restuarant. So decided to go again to Zafraan Exotica, as she likes their ambience. We got a nice special place with a beautiful view. It was a great dining experience.

4 Budweiser Pints
1 Mocktail
Amritsari Fish
Fish Tikka
Peshawari Murgh
Nans/Rotis
Meat Dum Biryani

Wifey liked Biryani and Amritsari Fish the best. Whereas, Budweisers tasted quite good to me.

Jokes apart, the food and ambience as we know already was as usual awesome so money well spent.

Bill : ~ 2K

I have another similar damage coming up next thursday as its her birthday then. Whew's January's are a tough month for me...lol
Old 23rd January 2009, 13:27   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have no such qualms as you never know what is happening behind the scene in any restuarant. I love the Dadu's chat at Himayathnagar the best. Their Jalebis are the thinnest and crispiest that i ever ate.

I have another similar damage coming up next thursday as its her birthday then. Whew's January's are a tough month for me...lol
Ok, belated anniversary greetings to you, Avi. You too can have your pound of flesh on your birthday.
As regards Dadus, I love their Kulfi. They have an outlet near Paradise too.
BTW, its time for lunch---I always get to see a post from you on this thread at lunchtime, and I know I gotta go for food
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:21   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Ok, belated anniversary greetings to you, Avi. You too can have your pound of flesh on your birthday.
As regards Dadus, I love their Kulfi. They have an outlet near Paradise too.
BTW, its time for lunch---I always get to see a post from you on this thread at lunchtime, and I know I gotta go for food
Thanks Venu.

Let me assure you my post coming up exactly at lunch-time is purely coincidental. I apologize for mental and stomach related trauma, if any
Old 29th January 2009, 15:49   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, now its that day again. Planning to go out for dinner this evening. Any reviews on :-

Hampshire Plaza, Lakdikapul, it is adjacent to my once upon a time regular adda, Central Court.

They have a awesome deal of Rs.540 bucks all inclusive for unlimited kebabs ( 5 veg and 5 non-veg) and Tiger beer with Biryani.

@Rajesh, i saw you gorging on some spicy fish and meat in Anjappar's today during lunch time. When i said hello to you, you didnt acknowledge.

Kya Rajesh bhai, khana samne tho dost peeje?

So your today's lunch review coming up?
Before someone thinks otherwise, i was just kidding guys
Old 29th January 2009, 15:54   #359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
i want to know more abt this Kairali in gachibowli. can anyone provide me directions/location/address?
Its towards the ISB road junction from the Hitech city side on the left hand side.

This is how the fried fish looked.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-image_009.jpg

And this is how it tasted.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-image_013.jpg
Old 29th January 2009, 20:35   #360
BHPian

Quote:
@Rajesh, i saw you gorging on some spicy fish and meat in Anjappar's today during lunch time. When i said hello to you, you didnt acknowledge.

Kya Rajesh bhai, khana samne tho dost peeje?

So your today's lunch review coming up?
Before someone thinks otherwise, i was just kidding guys
now you've started seeing me through a phone call also kya..lol

ok so it was the same menu ,somehow i have this very bad habit ,will crib of the spicy food at anjappar and all..(discouraging fellow mates to go there)and then where will one find me for lunch,its anjappar again..hehehe!

the menu was the same ( anjappar special chicken ,naan,vanjaram and some super spicy biryani) only addition was the pista ice cream as my tongue colour was like kashmiri mirch by the time the bill came...

met getsurya at mindspace in the evening and he is also game for the wednesday outing.so count me ,getsurya and theodore in..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks