Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 20:45   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Its towards the ISB road junction from the Hitech city side on the left hand side.

This is how the fried fish looked.
Attachment 94634

And this is how it tasted.
Attachment 94635
bare bhai! after seeing that fish ,i am going slurp! slurp! slurp!

is that a pomfret fish fry?
Old 30th January 2009, 08:58   #362
Senior - BHPian

good depiction of fish before and after. I am still keeping my wednesday eve out at Nizams open!! I would want to attend it, lemme check and confirm once again!!
Old 30th January 2009, 11:34   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
bare bhai! after seeing that fish ,i am going slurp! slurp! slurp!

is that a pomfret fish fry?
that's not pomfret. that's pearlspot. known as karimeen in kerala. and that's the only fish which is available in hyd at more or less the same cost in Kerala.
you won't get pomfret (of the same size white one) fry for that price dude. that alone would cost you upwards of 500/-
Old 30th January 2009, 12:47   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday night spent a good 3 hours over dinner at Hamshire Plaza at Lakdikapul. It's a 4* delux property and their ambience is very rich with lovely glassware and chandeliers and some heart wrenching ghazals sung by a small team. Their decor too is really superb.

They have a unlimited kebab and shakti water festival so we decided to pay them a visit. This property is owned by Sant Chatwal, the famous sardar hotelier from NY.

They served 5 veg ( Gobi, Mushroom, Paneer, Veg Sheek Kebab, Tandoori Tomatoes) and 5 Non-Veg ( 3 Chicken Kebabs, Mutton Sheek Kebab and Fish Tikka)

Veg Kebabs were all very good except for Gobi.

Chicken Kebabs were really good. Special mention to Chicken Malai Kebab,
Mutton Sheek was out of this world.

Fish was bland and no taste whatsoever. Upon this feedback, Irfan Khan ( not the bollywood actor) head chef rushed out and asked what's wrong. I gave a lurid description of why and what is wrong. He went back in haste and returned with some changes to it, which was much better.

Unlimited Tiger Pints, tasted good. Atleast better than Fosters

Wifey had soft drinks

Finally, we tasted in small portions their veg,chicken and meat biryani. except meat which i didnt like at all, chicken and veg biryani was quite good.

Service was simply mindblowing. After long long time, i realized what is service and this restuarant made an impeccable display of that. Heck, I would just go back only for their service.

Upon knowing that it was wifey's birthday, ghazal singer dedicated to song to her and the entire staff rushed out with some pastries to commemorate the evening.

Unfortunately, i had already slipped a paan in my mouth so could not taste their pastries.

Folks, we tbhp folks should pay them a visit for a shakti water and kebab meet and i can assure you, the experience will be wonderful. It's going to be on for another 2-3 weeks. So let me know who all are game

Rs.540 ( inclusive of taxes) with unlimited shakti water
Rs.375 ( inclusive of taxes) with unlimited soft drinks

Damages were only Rs.915. We left a tip of Rs.150 for their service and i truly think they deserved it.
Old 30th January 2009, 13:03   #365
Senior - BHPian

Way to go @ Mobike,

That sounds like a fabulous deal must check it out sometime.

BTW did you buy into Satyam shares? They are at Rs.50.20 now.

Is the meeting at runway9 on this weekend?

On a different tack, there is a great pani puri & chaat guy near Masab tank. From Lakdi-ka-pul go towards Hotel Golkonda, do not get onto the flyover, turn left at the signal, there will be 2 bhandies in the corner the guy with the blue bhandi is good - run by an old man with 2 sons. I have been eating there for about 10 years now and (touch wood) have never had any problems.

Cheers,
Old 30th January 2009, 13:18   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post

On a different tack, there is a great pani puri & chaat guy near Masab tank. From Lakdi-ka-pul go towards Hotel Golkonda, do not get onto the flyover, turn left at the signal, there will be 2 bhandies in the corner the guy with the blue bhandi is good - run by an old man with 2 sons. I have been eating there for about 10 years now and (touch wood) have never had any problems.

Cheers,
is this left turn the one which goes towards nampally station(some short cut through the by lanes)

i believe there is one restaurant called rayalseema raichula on the corner as well ,they serve super hot andhra food!

trying to get my hyd geography right
Old 30th January 2009, 13:20   #367
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Quote:
is this left turn the one which goes towards nampally station(some short cut through the by lanes)

i believe there is one restaurant called rayalseema raichula on the corner as well ,they serve super hot andhra food!

trying to get my hyd geography right
Rayalaseema Ruchulu is on the first left after these two bhandis - there is an art gallery at the corner.

Quote:

On a funny note got this rishta for shaadi from punjab a week back ,yesterday night they backed off (courtesy the current affairs ,guess they took narayan murthy's statement seriously) will start publishing my 'non cooked' character certificate for future proposals...

Talk about getting a reprieve at the last minute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Hi, Raveendra
If I recollect by the discription that you gave, this is at the entrance of Shantinagar colony, exactly opposite Mahavir hospital..I guess its been 20 years since I have eaten there.

You are talking about the 1st entrance to Shanti Nagar Colony (before JNTU) the bhandi I am talking about is in the 2nd entrance to Shanti Nagar Colony (after JNTU).

Cheers.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 30th January 2009 at 13:35. Reason: Merged posts.
Old 30th January 2009, 13:22   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Way to go @ Mobike,

That sounds like a fabulous deal must check it out sometime.

BTW did you buy into Satyam shares? They are at Rs.50.20 now.

Is the meeting at runway9 on this weekend?

Cheers,
Hi, Raveendra
If I recollect by the discription that you gave, this is at the entrance of Shantinagar colony, exactly opposite Mahavir hospital..I guess its been 20 years since I have eaten there.
Old 30th January 2009, 13:23   #369
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh,
With your know how of all the food joints in Hyd, you are way better than me in the Hyd topography!!
Ravvendra, good info about that paani puri joint....will keep in mind next time am around there!!
Old 30th January 2009, 13:34   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Rajesh,
With your know how of all the food joints in Hyd, you are way better than me in the Hyd topography!!
hehehe! anna! i guess i should change it to hyd foodography or grubography in my other food related posts!

somehow the mumbai inside me has suddenly awakened and i really want to eat vada pav!

can anybody suggest me where would you get authentic mumbai vada pav's ( with the lasson ka churra and the green chutney) in hyd?

i ate at brio below my office and they charge a bomb(inr 60/- for 2 vada pav's)

expensive than the mcchicken man!
Old 30th January 2009, 13:46   #371
BHPian

You are talking about the 1st entrance to Shanti Nagar Colony (before JNTU) the bhandi I am talking about is in the 2nd entrance to Shanti Nagar Colony (after JNTU).

Cheers.[/quote]

Oh yeah! That's correct, the road slopes down and enters Vijaynagar colony and these guys are also very old timers, used to have it here also during my college days.
Old 30th January 2009, 14:18   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
can anybody suggest me where would you get authentic mumbai vada pav's ( with the lasson ka churra and the green chutney) in hyd?
Vada Pav's are indeed tasty. Authentic or not, that i cannot comment. But, you must try this bandhi at Sindhi Colony, lane next to Hotel Paradise ( yeah, the same one supposedly famous for its biryani).

This bandhi fella churns out some decent vada pavs and kacchi dhabeli. And, you can polish of that meal with some kulfi from the next bandhi

@Raveendra, that lane was famous for Rayalseema Ruchelu ( as Rajesh outlined correctly). However, never tasted the golgappas from that bandhi in that lane.

My wife who is from Delhi is finnicy about Golgappas and according to her there is no place in hyderabad that serves good ones. you know the quality that you get in Delhi ( Wheat ones and Suji ones). However, she sometimes likes the ones served by chat stalls of Dadu's at Himayathnagar and Ohri's Banjara.
Old 30th January 2009, 15:10   #373
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
that's not pomfret. that's pearlspot. known as karimeen in kerala. and that's the only fish which is available in hyd at more or less the same cost in Kerala.
you won't get pomfret (of the same size white one) fry for that price dude. that alone would cost you upwards of 500/-
Correct.

Pomfret retails at around 300 bucks a Kilo.
The best places to buy it are the Fisheries stall in Vijaynagar colony, SPAR and Metro Cash and Carry.
The white one is more popular in Hyderabad. I however prefer the black one.
Old 2nd February 2009, 01:55   #374
Senior - BHPian

All that talk about vada-pav, made me hanker for missal-pav. Does anyone here know where to get it on Hyderabad?

Hampshire Plaza, of the Chatwal chain, was not one of the sons Vikram, (if I am not mistaken), dating / engaged to some bomb? (Wonder if there was a 'bomb attack' on Hampshire Plaza and that is the reason Mobike went there).

Cheers,
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:02   #375
BHPian

Quote:
All that talk about vada-pav, made me hanker for missal-pav. Does anyone here know where to get it on Hyderabad?
aree wah! i am game to join in for missal/ussal pav snack meet( vada pav is still known ,not sure if you will get missal/ussal in hyd)

to come to think of it who would like eating farsan dipped in curry.

i was watching luck by chance in cinemax ,the popcorn there is good people! i have eaten popcorn at pvr and big cinema ,but this one was nice..

considering they all come from a machine ,still wondering on what could be the x factor here..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks